This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

Can you find any proof that they said Season 1 was free? Only Paris and Renault Clio S1600 was free as far as I could tell. Will still be getting the game for Christmas. I also see you are upset with F1 2019, something about it becoming too much for the pad. Direct Message me about it so we can discuss it. I might not get to you right away.

@senna94f1

Edited by CordedQuill42
Ping

https://grid-2019.fandom.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content

"Additional tracks will be released after the base game and will be free of charge. Additional cars will also be available from DLC packages and it is confirmed that at least some will be free of charge."

Season 1 - Hot Hatch Showdown
Season 2 - Track Day Supercars
Season 3 - Track Day Hypercars

and that's all there is..

• Agree 1

On 16 December 2019 at 12:22 AM, CordedQuill42 said:

Can you find any proof that they said Season 1 was free? Only Paris and Renault Clio S1600 was free as far as I could tell. Will still be getting the game for Christmas. I also see you are upset with F1 2019, something about it becoming too much for the pad. Direct Message me about it so we can discuss it. I might not get to you right away.

@senna94f1

Merry Christmas,

nope I am not upset about f12019,

i just require people to be truthful from the start, that ways everyone knows where they stand,

reguarding the NEW GRID  , it has less content then demo games 😂

And I still say nowhere was it stated that you had to pay £9.49 and again technically that means if u don't have £9.49 then it's not available to all the ps4 players ,

as for grid ,I only bought the game so I could chill out on my other ps4 on a pad in the bedroom, 

IT LACKS CONTENT  for a triple AAA title,  

my advice is wait until season pass becomes £10 at the moment £24 ,  that way you won't waste £9.49 for only 1 season ,

had I got season 1 for free,I would have definitely bought the full season pass,

it's called giving and taking,   Not taking all the time,

on my other ps4 in the games room I race with a t300 and racing rig ,

• Confused 1

I believe Chris has been very careful with the "available to <>" sentence. We've known months before the launch that we were going to get 3 seasons, with all tracks being free and some of the DLC cars being loanable in at least multiplayer.

I even have it up here in my personal wiki that I had to take down before someone gets mislead and thinks a wiki page is somehow the absolute truth.

Examples of wrong information about Codies' games in wikipedia would be the EGO 4.0 engine that still doesn't seem to exist.

On 25 December 2019 at 12:58 PM, UP100 said:

I believe Chris has been very careful with the "available to <>" sentence. We've known months before the launch that we were going to get 3 seasons, with all tracks being free and some of the DLC cars being loanable in at least multiplayer.

I even have it up here in my personal wiki that I had to take down before someone gets mislead and thinks a wiki page is somehow the absolute truth.

Examples of wrong information about Codies' games in wikipedia would be the EGO 4.0 engine that still doesn't seem to exist.

Hiya ,

i think you're spot on ,

chris was very very careful with his choice of words, do codemasters really believe they are selling games to 3 year olds,

you can't even have a PlayStation account,it's 7 years upward and you need your parents as main account holders,

It's  like codemasters are talking to 3year old and you can basically tell them anything, and that's how I feel like codemasters treat there loyal customers,

It's supposed to be a sim game ,

did you know chris that pcars2 season pass £6.99 , contains almost the same amount of content as THE New Grid 2019,

,you have to stop treating customers with so little respect,

f12019 was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen, getting people to post about bugs and all the while nothing was fixed because you were actually changing the core of f12019 with patches to attract to a younger audience to sell more games,

word by mouth, who would talk and promote the game more, 3 year olds upwards or grown up sim racers who runs leagues to promote codemasters games ,

thats how stupid you think customers are, sorry but over the last 6 months that's exactly how you have treated customers,

,it's not negative or positive, it's the truth,

i promoted on dayone release of f12019 and got around 300 people to buy the game over the course of a month before you brought out the backhanded patches , people 300x game£50 = £15000.

and that is a fact, 

and there's hundreds of likeminded people like me , so start treating your customers with the respect that all customers should be treated with,,

i would still like a full refund for f12019 and for grid ,

people would pay extra if you would revert f12019 back to it's dayone release on the console,

if you gave season 1 for free on grid, a lot more would have bought season pass for grid,

,I actually wonder how many staff members at codemasters are involved in leagues and actually race and talk to others online using wheels,

promote your own game .

Edited by senna94f1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It's a nightmare to play Grid online, please do something about it, at least enable ghost mode for those that choose to play without others brutally contacting and smashing everyone every chance they get !!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, senna94f1 said:

i would still like a full refund for f12019 and for grid ,

people would pay extra if you would revert f12019 back to it's dayone release on the console,

if you gave season 1 for free on grid, a lot more would have bought season pass for grid,

At the end of the day we all knew exactly what content we were getting from Grid and we were all made aware of potential visual issues so I don't really understand why you should want a refund... Or moreso, considering the lifespan of this game i'm not 100% sure why you bought a digital copy when there was the cheaper and resellable physical copy option for those who were unsure of the game's integrity.

It was painfully obvious that Grid wasn't worth £55 and with the DX edition being an out and out insult to consumers it would have been highly doubtful that, even if season 1 would have been free, anyone would have paid more than they needed to in order to own the game. I didn't particularly want to pay £27 for it (but I figured that was as low as it was going so I bought it) and judging by the game's initial sales I wasn't the only one who had the same way of thinking and I'd go as far as to say that i'm also not the only one who will never ever purchase that season pass regardless of price. For the equivalent £30 I can buy all of Wreckfest (with change)....or all of BF1 + BFV combined...or add £5 to buy Borderlands 3 or TSW 2020:CE. The smarter people don't buy just for the sake of buying any more (in today's economy games are too expensive and developers should be aware of that by now) and with that endless choice of much, much better options it just further emphasises why season passes of this nature represent such poor value for money.  

As for F1 2019, well after it's free weekend on XB1 I actually went out and bought it (my first ever F1 purchase) on disc so my opinion of the game probably differs from yours....but that's something to be discussed in a different part of the forum :classic_tongue:  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 16 December 2019 at 12:22 AM, CordedQuill42 said:

@senna94f1

As others have said it was worded very very carefully,

as I also say I am a adult and have to buy all my things while at same time providing for a family and a mortgage,

Sim racing is my hobby along with thousands of other likeminded people,

someone did post a week ago that codemasters were actually going to make season 1 free, 

i personally don't think that they will,

take dirt rally 2.0 ,it's a superb sim and worthy of buying at full price,

the same as Pcars2 a full sim worthy of its full price,

please note both games are in the sony  sale,

,read my posts and the words carefully and understand what I am posting about,

by getting codemasters to produce high end games ,it benefits everyone,

i did not make ( this is the worst grid so far ) headline post , 

codemasters obviously think profit over customers is the way to go ,

just look at dirt rally 2.0 , it's constantly still making sales of its season 1,2 and 3,4 ,

why is that, . 

Because it's brilliant and it pays to produce brilliant products ,

i do renovations to old building,  barns  , roofs , and my other passion motorbikes scooters  mopeds and cars ,

if you do something right in the 1st place , then you don't encounter all the problems later .

happy new year and may  2020 be a fantastic year for everyone ❤️

🏁🏎🚥 

Edited by senna94f1
Predictive spelling can't spell 📇

1 hour ago, LottaLava said:

I wouldn´t say the worst GRID ever, but it has many issues to be fixed!

Agree this for me was Grid 2 once custom lobbies come (we are already on January) hopefully more fixes and tracks will come the game will be good enough...  

And Senna94f1 dr2.0 is good but the dlc / sessions policy was tragic especially with session 3/4 ****** off deluxe owners,  tje game worths only if you buy the super duper complet ultimate edition or how the hell is called... And for Dr 1  is better in terms of rally /physics /handling rx is way better in dr2 though... 

• Agree 1

hey all I'm looking for conformation from @ChrisGrovesMCM as well as any other fanatec users that can help me - My fanatec csw 2.5 wheel was working ok before S1 patch of Dec 3rd (yes a month ago) and since that DLC it now doesn't have the FFB work - sure it turns and pedals make me go and stop, but there is zero feel / vibration / force / centre pull / ffb / rumble / resistance.... absolutely nothing. Over the last month I can't get a reply or acknowledgement anywhere. Any community feedback, anyone with the same issue? 

I guess "Latest Jan" Is code for "Jan 31st 23:59:999" 

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, Jay84 said:

I guess "Latest Jan" Is code for "Jan 31st 23:59:999" 

No confirmation on the date. And I still don't think Season 2 will release on the final weeks. Chris will likely release the news this or on the next week.

Edited by CordedQuill42

3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

No confirmation on the date. And I still don't think Season 2 will release on the final weeks. Chris will likely release the news this or on the next week.

I doubt Season 2 will release in January, but a January patch should be incoming.

Posted (edited)

still waiting..
race started after 14 minutes, one AI was immediately a winner with a 1 minute time. screen was black for a while then lost connection to steam.
9Tr5yTD.jpg

Edited by Sir.Smoke

2 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

still waiting..
race started after 14 minutes, one AI was immediately a winner with a 1 minute time. screen was black for a while then lost connection to steam.
9Tr5yTD.jpg

I want this demo derby madness shown in phto to come back in Grid 19!

We want Detroit + Jupiter car as classic demolition derby mode and not skirmish

• Agree 2

On 1/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, Jay84 said:

BRING BACK DEMO DERBY!!! 

grid 2021

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

GRID: Dreaming of, version.

Just imagine the grid game of your dreams, rich of content, full track set, tons of cars (included the all old ones like lacetti etc), full features set, everything like the first one, demolition derby, drift, 24h lemans and the best multiplayer ever seen on racing games… all of this improved to the maximum level and supported by the new photorealistic graphic engine (Dreaming Engine GFX™).

Dreamed it ? Good, keep dreaming. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by FlashStealth
**** you codemasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Grid 2019 should have been this:

http://youtu.be/QK4ID_hgnzE

YES, i still play race driver 3, original grid is great but i have to say YES 2019 should have been like RD3 & hints at it with the idiotic voice guy telling you what to do. it's like codies doesn't know what to do, they just want to be popular but failed practically EVERY one .......................very sad what dreaming of $$$ does instead of doing a great job.

Speaking of old games, any one still play Sports car GT ?

or am i too old ?

Edited by OugaBooga
angst
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

Speaking of old games, any one still play Sports car GT

I no longer play it, but still have the original disc. Fond memories playing it on LAN!

• Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, OugaBooga said:

YES, i still play race driver 3, original grid is great but i have to say YES 2019 should have been like RD3 & hints at it with the idiotic voice guy telling you what to do. it's like codies doesn't know what to do, they just want to be popular but failed practically EVERY one .......................very sad what dreaming of $$$ does instead of doing a great job.

Speaking of old games, any one still play Sports car GT ?

or am i too old ?

TOCA 3 was, as the reviewer put it, the last of it's kind and anyone who has played it will realise how backwards things have gone since Codemasters' change of direction. Sure, Racedriver Grid was in many eyes a mighty fine game but when you put it alongside the TOCA games (TRD 2 was my 'baby') you'll perhaps realise that it's not really a good game at all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

TOCA 3 was, as the reviewer put it, the last of it's kind and anyone who has played it will realise how backwards things have gone since Codemasters' change of direction. Sure, Racedriver Grid was in many eyes a mighty fine game but when you put it alongside the TOCA games (TRD 2 was my 'baby') you'll perhaps realise that it's not really a good game at all.

toca 2 & 3 were very much alike but 3 graphically looked better if i remember correctly, it was like the final polish of the TOCA series

• Agree 1