DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×

This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

13 minutes ago, XoxFlukeXox said:

So you are happy with the game, good for you.  However the majority of people (nearly 90% if the poll is representative) are not.

The poll just says that 29 think Grid 2019 is the worst of the four on offer so that is neither indicative nor representative of overall levels of enjoyment/happiness from the thousands who bought the game. 

29 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

The poll just says that 29 think Grid 2019 is the worst of the four on offer so that is neither indicative nor representative of overall levels of enjoyment/happiness from the thousands who bought the game. 

90% of voters.

Comments on this forum and social media indicate many people are not happy with the game.  Multipkayer is dead so there is obviously something amiss.

I have no doubt that some people are enjoying the game.  For me career mode is OK, but I don't buy racing games for career mode.  I'm only interested in multiplayer and this game is sincerely lacking in that department.  People are entitled to have their say, hence my response to CordedDill.

• Agree 2

On 11/4/2019 at 11:20 AM, XoxFlukeXox said:

Where do I say anything about you telling ppl they can't vote?

This about you constantly telling people what they can and can't say, not to mention calling Chris Groves when people say things you don't agree with.  You also carry on like you work for Codemasters.... bit creepy imo lol. 

Once Again. I do not work for Codemasters, at all. Not for Grid, Not for Dirt, And certainly not for Formula One.

I told people that If they don't like this game, They should just give it away to someone else. I did NOT say you cannot vote NO. I called Chris because he is the community manager for Grid, and he would see those complaints and give a response, NOT to lock this thread or ban people.

You need to realize that I actually support those comments, but I oppose any personal attacks on people who bought the game and like it, or on the developers who spent weekends on this game.

hence my response to CordedDill

My actual gamer tag and account name Is CordedQuill42.

90% of Voters.

More like 77.55% of voters.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Live Editing of percentage of voters.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Once Again. I do not work for Codemasters, at all. Not for Grid, Not for Dirt, And certainly not for Formula One.

I told people that If they don't like this game, They should just give it away to someone else. I did NOT say you cannot vote NO. I called Chris because he is the community manager for Grid, and he would see those complaints and give a response, NOT to lock this thread or ban people.

You need to realize that I actually support those comments, but I oppose any personal attacks on people who bought the game and like it, or on the developers who spent weekends on this game.

Fair enough but that isn't how your posts come across.... one of the problems with forums I guess!

To be honest though why should people give the game away when they've spent £75 on it.... it's a lot of money.

For what it's worth I do feel for the devs and It's a shame things have turned out this way, the game has a lot of potential.

Codemasters really have to fix the slow AI..... they are toooo easy, on very hard they are also too easy.... I hope they will fix the AI and make them harder and better with better skills!

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Coffer said:

The weekend player count for 2 really drives home just how utterly garbage GRID 2019 is. Lest we forget, 2 is the game that was universally deemed to be the killer of the series through how godawful it was. The fact that, however many years on, it still has almost 3 times as many active players on weekends as the latest entry in the series which was released just a short while ago, makes me strongly wish that the B team in charge of the Dirt Rally games would split with Codemasters and form their own company, so I can support them without supporting CM.

I don't see things changing any time soon either, not unless the vast majority of the employees are fired (starting with Chris Groves). Nobody wants the F1 license because of the costs involved, so they'll be able to put out equally tepid, uninspired games via the F1 series for at least another 5 years. It makes me sick, really.

The game and the company are not worth any sort of constructive criticism right now. Constructive criticism implies having those targeted by said criticism actually listen and assume responsibility for their shortcomings, and that's not going to happen with a development team that clearly isn't willing to put any semblance of effort into this game or its dwindling community. Just look at how empty the first patch was, a patch that came out when the game was already dead for a while.

Make no mistake, the series is not going to get another entry. Even with their desperate efforts to ramp up the marketing for it, even delaying the game for a month for this alone, they couldn't get enough sales because word of the game's grossly lackluster content spread quickly enough to predate its release. Jimmy B's criticism and boredom alone was enough to kill interest in it.

Hi Coffer,

I have to agree with everything in your post, The codemasters of today are not the same in anyway. The codemasters of old 'ARE' Legends in my eyes. I should say that i was a Massive fan of Codemasters going way back to the Sony Playstation. I love racing games so have bought nearly all of there titles right up to this Saturday 2nd November. So Race Driver GRID (PS3) WOW the most ever played game of my collection to date, I had so much enjoyment out of that. I loved the track variations and being able to experience them in reverse, Spafrancochamps was awesome. there was so much to it with cool unique features 1 to mention was the ebay features.

I was devastated when codemasters shut down the server But only for the PS3, In the peak of its running. The 8ballpack a 4 part dlc season pass only got to the 3rd and that was that. When the server shut the 8ballpack was unavailable in offline. To be fair the whole game was dead offline so never got to play it again. So Devastating for the PS3 Grid Racing Community,

For me this was a sign of a change in codemasters. I bought Grid 2 & Grid Auto sport from Game and both were deleted with in a few days couldn't resell them as it was the time of the VIP pass that was a one time use code to unlock the online play which nearly killed the pre owned market. if you bought a pre owned title that had no voucher code you then needed to buy a new code from the PS store. which was around 7-10 quid i think. not to sure about the exact price. have to laugh about that 1 as this was a way of making more money from there second hand titles but it back fired and hasn't been seen again. (Greed brings karma). And a win for all the players ! 

For years now The players have been getting ripped off with unfinished  corrupted data. that will need 5-6-7 and more patchfix bull. The Famous words Don't worry we can patch it. We just need your input as we don't need to bother with any testing. as long as it boots up that fine, And it make sense to sit and wait for the **** to hit the fan with all the reports make a quick note and then just go from there. we can have that all sorted in a few months, The Players will have to wait. We really do appreciate all of your valuable input and will keep you all updated with any fix info as and when work em out.

So Guess what i bought from the PS store at 52.00 yep GRID Ultimate Edition Its the best game crashing freeze framing experience i have ever had. I knew there was something wrong with it because all the Guys on my friends list were playing it but for just a day or 2 and then nothing so i thought i would hang on for a bit and buy it on disk then if its a basket case i can demand a refund.

then i see in the store it had been reduced already. and bells were ringing big time But it was GRID i had to have a look. 30 mins in i was having a rage meltdown. BUT THEN FINALLY I COULD SEE THE LIGHT.

So a message to THE MASTERS OF CODE I will never buy your Games again. This was the last straw This game is a complete Mess and just 43GB of corrupt data and you new it but what the hell lets just get it out on the shelves and Online store we can use the patch it excuse lols. who ever is at the top of codemasters need to be gone and replaced ASAP. i really don't think there is any kind of testing or a team of quality control at codmasters what so ever. I had pen and paper and started a log count after it froze in the garage and again after i did a qually lap. it froze on me so far 32 times resulting in a restart of game and retry i also logged 13 blue screen errors while it was loading an event. at least i could send sony the video clip of crash with my calls for help. Sony needs to make changes also and do there own testing and have this kind of stopped from sales in the online store and on disk in city stores until it meets the proper requirements, This patch fixing is ridiculous some having 10 or more taking over 6 months and more before being playable with some never fully playable. I have a few of those titles that are unfix able and they are from the 1 and only.

I think i have said enough now. This was my very 1st post ever. Because i am very outspoken i tend not to get involved in writing on forums i like prefer to read and learn. but i had to vent my meltdown.

NOW I AM FREE from from the grasp of codemasters. 

For the players 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

As everyone probably knows, I’m the “resident damage aficionado” a.k.a  “the vehicle crumpling connoisseur” a.k.a “the whip bustin’ hooligan” and want to add that the severe downgrade in damage really killed it for me. 

• Haha 1

Sure everyone knows this but judging by the thread, I guess I need to reiterate: 

- Abusive, disrespectful, personal comments towards other members of the Forums (including Codies staff) is not accepted; warnings and bans can be (and have been) issued for this behaviour. Said it from the start: there's simply no tolerance for it here. It's totally unnecessary.

- Just as importantly: ALL feedback on the game (positive, negative, everything in between) is not just welcomed - it's encouraged. We need that feedback to know where to focus our efforts and make improvements where needed. A quick glance of the Forums will tell you that we don't shut down negativity. Whatever your thoughts are, please keep them coming - in a manner that, again, respects all others and is as constructive as possible. 

Thank you - just about to check in again with the GRID team with the latest community feedback round-up, and get an update on the upcoming patch 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

Please add new racing modes back in. 

-DRIFT
-DRAG
-TOGUE

Only having race and time attack is... pathetic. 

• Agree 2

i feel as though i have wasted £60 on a game that does not support proper FFB, race length too short, handling is iffy, seems to me that all assists are not turned off as the handling does not feel right. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

the developers who spent weekends on this game

Do you know this for a fact?

No developer should work on weekends. This isn't a small start up that will crumble if the product arrives a few weeks late, especially in this day and age of digital distribution. We live in a very privileged period in software engineering. If you are pushed to work weekends, leave.

• Agree 2

The team do not deserve any abuse or disrespect, the work they have done is great, if not a bit rushed out.  The issue they are getting blamed for and is a higher up issue is what has been left out of the game and is this a generational thing, i saw complaints about F1 games multiplayer too somewhere.  Grid has always been about racing your mates and having plenty of content to make a racing night diverse and having people join you. 

I don't know, i think Codemasters need to take a step back and look at why there is still people playing GAS with the racenet challenges and multiplayer and then look at the competition.  I know Codemasters can turn grid into something epic for Grid 2020 if they focus on multiplayer and making it something different.  Imagine all the GAS features in the new game with things like fully customizable APB style livery editor, the ability to set up an event with different race types... 5 races in an event, could mix in drift, time attack etc, like a multi class multiplayer championship event.  Could even have an after event incident replay of key moments or just replays that you can save like PC2 has.

22 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Sure everyone knows this but judging by the thread, I guess I need to reiterate: 

- Abusive, disrespectful, personal comments towards other members of the Forums (including Codies staff) is not accepted; warnings and bans can be (and have been) issued for this behaviour. Said it from the start: there's simply no tolerance for it here. It's totally unnecessary.

- Just as importantly: ALL feedback on the game (positive, negative, everything in between) is not just welcomed - it's encouraged. We need that feedback to know where to focus our efforts and make improvements where needed. A quick glance of the Forums will tell you that we don't shut down negativity. Whatever your thoughts are, please keep them coming - in a manner that, again, respects all others and is as constructive as possible. 

Thank you - just about to check in again with the GRID team with the latest community feedback round-up, and get an update on the upcoming patch 🙂

Please fix the slow AI and make them harder on hard and very hard it is too easy for good players! This is the biggest issue in this game if you make the AI better with good skills this game will be great 🙂

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

Please fix the slow AI and make them harder on hard and very hard it is too easy for good players! This is the biggest issue in this game if you make the AI better with good skills this game will be great 🙂

Thanks for this - including extra difficulty options, including another mode above the current 'Very Hard', is definitely something I've presented to the team as it's been mentioned a few times 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Hi all,

i think the problem is grid has very little content,,

,when I personally have to budget some months to be able to afford a game I expect that game to have content and last for more then 3 hours of game play,

i saved and bought into grid as it said its a completely new grid,

leading up I was playing grid auto sport the PS3 on (ps now) which I had 7 days free,. And with codemasters advertising along with popular YouTube people , I thought this game would offer a lot more then it's PS3 version,

sadly the new grid does not and there lays the problem,

i never ever sell any dics as I normally go back to them , grid is different, tbh what I was offered this morning in cash ,I rather let game gather dust ,

ive heard others on here say season 1 is coming to grid , is this paid content or free content,

i am a league owner and race sims almost nightly, and Chris you only need to get a standard ps4 and play grid to see where the issues are,

since last update in career you go on tuner and game crashes every time which then takes you to the report ps4 report crash screen , I've had 6 of them ,

,I personally just want a racing game I can put in , connect my wheel and have some fun, sadly grid 2019 is not that game ,

and don't see why I should pay for another grid 2020 or pay for content that should be already in the new grid 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Sadly a lot of what we need done will take months not weeks, so you shouldn't expect anything other than tweaks and bug fixes in the first month and when I suggest Grid 2020 I'm referring to what happened with Grid 2, we got Autosport 1 year later.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks for this - including extra difficulty options, including another mode above the current 'Very Hard', is definitely something I've presented to the team as it's been mentioned a few times 🙂

How about a difficulty slider like in your F1 series, a slider from 0-100 for example 

Edited by TomAAA

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi Chris, multiplayer has also been mentioned a few times (to say the least).  Do the team have any plans to address some of the issues raised?

Apologies if you've already responded to this question on any other threads and I've missed it!

On 11/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

We need a Q&A thing with the devs, with honest answers. Would it be possible ? 

First and foremost I would like to say that your game is fun in a certain way and that I seldom complain about what I'm going to do.
Here I would like to break with my tradition and provide you with some reviews and suggestions.
I'm a customer from Germany and I use a translator for most of this writing. Please check it out, if something does not come across exactly.

1.Please set it up at all times, that i have access to my garage and my tuning.
2.Please allow private online lobbies.
3.Please set up that I can see which online races are running and I will not be thrown into any race.
4.The online AI is a gang of damn idiots. It's urgent to work on this.
5.In the online race it happens that the AI is driven minus times. What is the reason?
6. Why do I not see my friends on the leaderboards, even though they have been proven to drive?
7.Is my tuning effective in the online race or will all setups be set to zero?
8th.Time penalties must be revised to prevent excessive cut.
9.Please submit more tracks and vehicles.
10.How far is it possible to level up?
11. If I create a private match and say that the grid is ordered by level, I start from the last place because I am level 02 (already 2 times level 99) and the AI level is about 80-90.
12.In the bumper view, it is impossible to see anything in a large, closely spaced driver field. The whole screen is full of car. Here the view needs to be revised or adjusted.
13.Please set up that I can see how far I am with my successes and what I still lack in what quantity. In particular, I would like to address an odometer here.
14. Why do not I have the opportunity to visually see my vehicle in good condition?
15.What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
16.It happens that my steering wheel is not recognized and then I have no access to this. Thrustmaster t500rs. That should be changed.
17.I actually do not use it but you really need a supervisor in your voice chat.
I would have more to report but at this point enough. Please take care of the needs of your customers as soon as possible. It is difficult for many people to wait long for something to be expected on the day of the business (money against game) a performance that is the amount paid.
Btw.I play on the PS4.
If someone finds spelling or translation errors, he may keep them. Thank you for your attention and understanding.Sincerely, a not so amused customer.

• Agree 1

On 11/5/2019 at 11:50 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said: