F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

On 11/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, Holybeer said:
  • you can't choose the race length 
  • No tire/fuel management (who cares since there are only 3 laps lel

Those points are very troublesome to me, I usually go to 10 laps race!

On 11/4/2019 at 4:25 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

The poll just says that 29 think Grid 2019 is the worst of the four on offer so that is neither indicative nor representative of overall levels of enjoyment/happiness from the thousands who bought the game. 

The people who are not happy are mostly, online players.  

For those people who dare not venture online as they were once crashed into by another human player on a different game about 15 years ago, the game is perfect. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

or on the developers who spent weekends on this game.

Perhaps if they'd spent weeks, months or even a couple of years, we would have a game that's actually good. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks for this - including extra difficulty options, including another mode above the current 'Very Hard', is definitely something I've presented to the team as it's been mentioned a few times 🙂

Thank you so much for you answer 🙂 It whould be soooo cool if you improve the AI skills at hard and very hard difficulty and make them faster, this is the only bis issue in my opinion from this game 🙂 

Edited by Katzenkralle91
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 9:13 PM, Katzenkralle91 said:

Codemasters really have to fix the slow AI..... they are toooo easy, on very hard they are also too easy.... I hope they will fix the AI and make them harder and better with better skills!

I hope they just scrap the lot of them.  They should only be in career. 

3 hours ago, TeddytheBeakman said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM   Could we have answer to the question of AI being removed from online lobbies.   Are they getting removed?  

Still no answer.  Communication is the key here.  And once again Codemasters is giving us ZERO communication.  Discussing it with the team was the last we heard.  It wasn't in the patch.  NFS Heat available on Friday...

Can we have an answer please @ChrisGrovesMCM

• Agree 2

Of course ai will not be removed, this involve Fernando Alonso courtesy, they must ask him before terminate the advertising of his ai named car. 

''grid2019 pork burrell edition'' :classic_laugh:

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, TeddytheBeakman said:

Still no answer.  Communication is the key here.  And once again Codemasters is giving us ZERO communication.  Discussing it with the team was the last we heard.  It wasn't in the patch.  NFS Heat available on Friday...

Can we have an answer please @ChrisGrovesMCM

Hey there 🙂

The reason you don't have an answer is because there isn't one yet. I've spoken about it with the team, emphasised its priority and how it's a key request from the community. I've been told it will be looked into and discussed internally, which is still ongoing. All the news I have has already been delivered to you. 

Once again, as I've already mentioned: when there is news and/or progress on this topic, I will let you know. It is literally counter-productive to not do that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there 🙂

The reason you don't have an answer is because there isn't one yet. I've spoken about it with the team, emphasised its priority and how it's a key request from the community. I've been told it will be looked into and discussed internally, which is still ongoing. All the news I have has already been delivered to you. 

Once again, as I've already mentioned: when there is news and/or progress on this topic, I will let you know. It is literally counter-productive to not do that. 

I appreciate your response Chris but in all honesty how long does it take for the team to decide yes we'll do something about it or no we won't/can't?

I'm going to take it as a no. People are really annoyed to the point where some are unlikely to buy anymore Codemaster titles.  CM have completely alienated a significant proportion of those of us who buy racing games for the multiplayer element.

Many thanks for taking the issue to the team and your subsequent feedback.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

On 11/4/2019 at 6:05 AM, senna94f1 said:

go and read what they said, they said they spent 2 years making the new grid,

I'm late and stuff, but where did they say this? Christopher Smith has been at Codies for a year and 1-2months as of now for example

59 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I'm late and stuff, but where did they say this? Christopher Smith has been at Codies for a year and 1-2months as of now for example

18 months to discuss matters / make decisions and then 6 months to get cracking with the game itself.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

You should be more concerned about why this grid was called a completely new grid ,

who cares wether it's 13 months or 2 years,   Tbh the 2 years is somewhere on this forum,

people talk about grid 2020 , I bought this game 3 to 4 weeks ago and it had only been out around 2 to 4 weeks before that, so for people to be excited over next grid there's got to be people with more money than sense 😂

i read Chris grid statement on this forum and I think Chris posted it around May ,

none of this really matters anymore,

take dirt rally 2.0 ,they've ( codemasters) have managed to completely turn the game around, ffb is pretty good, graphics seems to be enhanced,  reason is because of DLC, money to pay staff,

F12019 was excellent dayone release, graphics looked great, ffb was excellent, and all they had to not fix but tweak was ffb in the rain, since then it's been downhill all the way since,

reasons f12019 is not fixed because no DLC, hence no money to pay staff,

i do understand that, but with f12019 they wasted what little money and resources chasing there own tails around and around, and all they had to do was rollback to patch 1.04 , ,

now grid ,it needs a story mode badly,  I absolutely hate the weird 1970 colour wash or look, ,

grid should be nice clean clear crisp graphics, a good selection of vintage and modern race cars with good cockpit details,

a mutliplayer mode where you can tweak anything,, laps , rain , 

wheel settings , need more work for the ffb,

a career path ,

not a silly got to win races to pay for cars I already own in the game I bought,

1 thing I always hated about GT sports,I bought the game lol,

if your going to have a career with a strong story mode then do that  the 10 minutes of story at start of grid was excellent,

i read that grid was for the sim player and arcade player who just wants to turn game on and race, I agree but you have to have content and lots more options for multiplayer,

grid is like a demo game ,

lastly I am stuck with the game as CEX and game didn't offer £21 ,

so if grid is going to have seasons  like others are saying ,then I will pay for that , but it has to be worthy,

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

Codemasters has a lot of work to do to turn around the game to retain the respect of the players.  DLC should not be a reason to release half games, we have seen that all too often with the likes of EA.  Paying for seasons is fair enough but it wont work if people give up on the game before the first season.

There are other ways to monetize a game, just look at GTA where everything is there free from base game, just there are plenty ways to spend your ingame cash and to buy more, how could you implement something like that into a racing game without making it pay to win?? Advanced pay for livery customization? special edition cars where users can buy the car and codemasters can get advertising revenue?

There was a comment about costs of including certain tracks due to licensing, there is no reason why we cant have more fictional tracks like Crescent Valley, do we really care if its real if the racing is close and fun. 

Any word on the internets about sales? I mean, if this game bombed, and it didn't look like a certain seller even before the bad worth to mouth, then I doubt we can expect any serious work to continue. They might have some of the DLC prepared already or in advanced stages, but most of the grievances here in this forum are met with "it's not easy to do it, we'll have to meet with the devs to see what is possible to do" (for mundane things like race length), that doesn't look optimistic to me at all.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

It is literally counter-productive to not do that

I'm gonna tell you what is counter-productive - to release an unfinished game and consider customers stupid enough to swollow it. With all respect!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

44 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

I'm gonna tell you what is counter-productive - to release an unfinished game and consider customers stupid enough to swollow it. With all respect!

Amen to that !!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leo Natan said:

Any word on the internets about sales? I mean, if this game bombed, and it didn't look like a certain seller even before the bad worth to mouth, then I doubt we can expect any serious work to continue. They might have some of the DLC prepared already or in advanced stages, but most of the grievances here in this forum are met with "it's not easy to do it, we'll have to meet with the devs to see what is possible to do" (for mundane things like race length), that doesn't look optimistic to me at all.

The only sales that I've seen are the physical UK sales chart in which they were 5th on week 1 and 31st on week 2.

We'll get the seasons, I'm quite sure about it.

44 minutes ago, UP100 said:

We'll get the seasons, I'm quite sure about it.

If they don't fix all the issues, I don't see how that matters. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't only three new tracks coming in the "seasons"? That's still really poor content, sorry.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

If they don't fix all the issues, I don't see how that matters. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't only three new tracks coming in the "seasons"? That's still really poor content, sorry.

I haven't seen any confirmation on the amount of tracks, and those are also not part of the season DLCs which only include career events and new cars. The amount of seasons may also change depending on how well the game does when they're released, such as with DiRT Rally 2.0 🙂 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there 🙂

Well if you have stressed its a "key request" from the community, I cannot for the life of me understand why its not been jumped on immediately. 

Is the team aware of just how much it puts people off from playing the game?  I personally have 10 friends who would have bought this game if it was as good or better than GAS.  But they have not due to what they have read and heard about the game from the ones of us who do have it.   

The game looks good, and it plays good.  But you simply cannot race people online as the AI are wrecking people from the start. If they were not there then the humans in the lobby can get some competition going.  Just like Fernando said in the video on your own youtube channel,  when a game has competition it comes alive.   Does the team not realise that the AI are preventing people from getting that competitive fix that feeds their gaming addiction.  If we dont get that "hit" the only choice is to move on.   The longer you guys take in realising that and coming to a decision, the more players will move to other games in a search for that game that makes them want to turn the console on.  

My friends list is full of people playing racing games, but its only ever me playing Grid, and thats not for very long as it gets boring quickly.  This is such a shame.  

NFS shouldn't even get a look in, but sadly you guys have produced a seriously sub standard game, compared to your previous games.  That im prepared to go there.  I just want to have fun playing with cars online with my friends.  I dont care if its SIM, SIMCADE or full ARCADE it just has to be fun.   Like the advert says,  "If the fun stops, stop!" 

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, GavinMac said:

Codemasters has a lot of work to do to turn around the game to retain the respect of the players.  DLC should not be a reason to release half games, we have seen that all too often with the likes of EA.  Paying for seasons is fair enough but it wont work if people give up on the game before the first season.

There are other ways to monetize a game, just look at GTA where everything is there free from base game, just there are plenty ways to spend your ingame cash and to buy more, how could you implement something like that into a racing game without making it pay to win?? Advanced pay for livery customization? special edition cars where users can buy the car and codemasters can get advertising revenue?

There was a comment about costs of including certain tracks due to licensing, there is no reason why we cant have more fictional tracks like Crescent Valley, do we really care if its real if the racing is close and fun. 

Im all for fictional tracks,  Codemasters dont do sim's thankfully so its perfectly acceptable to lose the realism to add more tracks.  Also if there is licensing issues around cars etc, Im also perfectly fine with fictional cars,  like GTA, take Ferrari front end and mash it to a Lambo rear end, and call it something stupid.  Its ok,  I wouldn't want to pay Ferrari to put their **** cars in games and tone the damage down just so their cars dont get too smashed.  

Fun and variety and plenty of it is whats needed.  

• Agree 1

when we get bored of the lack of content we will be going back to Autosport, it has pretty much everything you want in a multiplayer racer. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

The more I play the new Grid the more I wished CM had just remastered the first Grid and Autosport.  This game just seems uninspired especially compared to the efforts CM put into Dirt and F1 games.  For me an easy fix to make it more enjoyable would be

1. optional weather settings in ALL modes.  I don't recall ever going to track and saying geez I'm so tired of all this good weather and really wish it would rain.   So I don't get this fascination with bad weather in games.   Fine if people want it but it should be optional.
  2. Custom championship mode.   Have no desire to play all the different disciplines, collect badges, levels, etc....    I just want to race/drive and put in laps and it would be nice to be simply create a fully customized offline championship.  Don't understand why companies are so against this simple request/option. 
  3. Better AI. The main reason I don't play online is because of stupid idiot racers.   So why would you think I'd be interesting racing the same offline.   Good challenging smart fair AI never gets old.   Dumb cheap AI gets old VERY quickly
  4. More tracks.  My preference is for real world tracks but well designed original tracks are fine.   Key word WELL DESIGNED.   Single line tracks aren't fun to watch in real life and aren't fun to play.
  5. More team options and/or custom options.   Understand licensing issues but you could do a lot with what you already have.  Maybe people like it but I have no interesting in NASCAR type racing in a Grid game and would have preferred that effort spent focusing on more GT related content.   Look at something like Project Cars were you have a bunch of teams for each brand

for me all of these items are easy fixes.   You have a back log of tracks from previous Grid games. adding a custom championship mode is easy as well as fully optional weather.  Creating new teams for each brand shouldn't be too hard.   right now I kind of regret purchasing the ultimate edition as pretty sure whatever content is going to be stuff I have no interest in.   So the biggest thing I got out of the new Grid is remembering how much I enjoyed the original and Autosport.  Because of that I've actually put in more hours playing those two again recently than the new game.    After waiting so so long for a new Grid game the new one is very very disappointing

Edited by Ronin05
typo
  • Thanks 1