Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

    • Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

I am not a community leader. That was obviously a joke that you guys took the wrong way. The District Attorney Harvey dent was also a joke.

Even if I was a Community Leader, I would not have the right to lock a thread or give someone a posting restriction or ban. All I would do if I was a such rank was to tell the Community Manager the community's problems, so that they can address them.

But I am not a community leader. Just asking, why do I get so much hate and anger directed at. I did not make the game, I do not get to make them do stuff (Although I would for the Removal of AI in Quick match and the addition of custom Lobbies) that would cost them their job if they failed.

 

I think the reason for the various reactions have to do with the fact that you’re a stepping one further than the actual employee in trying to moderate, or guide if you will, the forum. I would kind of understand your reasoning if there were several hundreds of threads and thousands of post every day and just one employee.  But as it is for now, I don’t think is wrong to assume that Chris is reading every post in every thread rather quickly.  Trust Chris, I would say buddy.

Also that you categorized this thread as a "I want my money back now!" created some reaction considering that, yes that might be the conclusion of some writers, but most of the post are filled with legitimate issues or suggestions of what should be fixed or included in the game. I think it’s better to just report that specific post than it is to discredit the whole thread. 

Lastly, buddy, to avoid future misunderstandings, I would suggest making the jokes about being the community leader before the phrase "Seriously though" and not after. 

I’ve played a few times with almost a fully human lobby and no AI in private lobbies and I must say, I find it enjoyable. The problem is that it requires time consuming preparations for that to happened. Is not just the AI that keeping people out of the playlist. I think it is also because people want to race in a car, they prefer around tracks they know. I can imagine some people just having an hour a day to play where the key is quality over quantity. You don’t really get that in a quick match playlist.  Public custom lobbies would solve the issues.

With that being said, I think the biggest concern I’m having aren’t that we won’t get notified about requested updates that will be made, it’s rather that we don’t get notified about the requested updates that will not. If there in fact were a decision that they will not add a public lobby list to this game, would they inform the community?  

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NWRStorm said:

I think the biggest concern I’m having aren’t that we won’t get notified about requested updates that will be made, it’s rather that we don’t get notified about the requested updates that will not. If there in fact were a decision that they will not add a public lobby list to this game, would they inform the community?   

One way or the other, when decisions are made regarding community-requested features, I'll tell you the decision made. You deserve that. 

I might need reminding once in a while as we're dealing with the usual heavy amount of feedback 😉 but I absolutely do not intend to withhold information - makes no sense to do so.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

One way or the other, when decisions are made regarding community-requested features, I'll tell you the decision made. You deserve that. 

I might need reminding once in a while as we're dealing with the usual heavy amount of feedback 😉 but I absolutely do not intend to withhold information - makes no sense to do so.

okay, if we don't know when a decision is made we cannot know if you are withholdind that info… sounds unlikely to see a info thread open just to say ''no custom lobby, sorry guys''...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

okay, if we don't know when a decision is made we cannot know if you are withholdind that info… sounds unlikely to see a info thread open just to say ''no custom lobby, sorry guys''...

Why is that unlikely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we at least know what decisions have been made with regards to what wont be done to fix the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That would mean, they would have to give the customer some information. Do you believe in Santa Claus?  
It has been going on for far too long. 

 

Edited by ReepRebew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Why is that unlikely? 

cause i'll never open a thread for every single answer (there are tons) specially to say ''no''.

As I suggested many times, a good move should be a ''transparency thread'' sticky on 1st page. This thread should list all the accepted suggestions passed to the team and unders discussion. Then a list on the same page of the offical accepted and confirmed suggestion with a probable release date included the method of releasing it (like on some hotfix, patch, megapack of feature added, or DLC).

Also a courtesy list of all unaccepted suggestion with a short explanation to say why is ''no''. This will help a lot the community, make the feel of being listened all. And is a good idea for this section of forum and specially for the Technical assistence forum section.

 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1  for the pinned thread on the first page with a list of things you consider adding in game in near future and a list of things you will not add (and a reason why)...


Only Idea > You can also rename game as Early Access , apologize to the people who bought the game and give them some extra content, lower the price and start adding things to the game.You might get more people and sale more copies.
Graphics in this game are good, base is good, but lacking of tracks, cars, features and most important, lacking of real multiplayer...
For once , listen to the community and consider adding some of most demanding suggestions.

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlashStealth said:

cause i'll never open a thread for every single answer (there are tons) specially to say ''no''.

As I suggested many times, a good move should be a ''transparency thread'' sticky on 1st page. This thread should list all the accepted suggestions passed to the team and unders discussion. Then a list on the same page of the offical accepted and confirmed suggestion with a probable release date included the method of releasing it (like on some hotfix, patch, megapack of feature added, or DLC).

Also a courtesy list of all unaccepted suggestion with a short explanation to say why is ''no''. This will help a lot the community, make the feel of being listened all. And is a good idea for this section of forum and specially for the Technical assistence forum section.

This is a good idea. Many companies do this.

A thread, where they keep the community up to date with what is being looked at, what is being considered, what fixes are coming up, etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Graphics in this game are good

Sad but no

Surrounding is at the GAS level (Okutama is worse than in RD GRID). Most trees are at PS2 level. No correct eye adaptation. LOD is ridiculous. 

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have this game, i saw pictures that people upload, game has its moments and i see some better visuals here and there. But than, i saw far more graphical issues than good things.
Trees are something to be ashamed of in 2019. ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

This is a good idea. Many companies do this.

A thread, where they keep the community up to date with what is being looked at, what is being considered, what fixes are coming up, etc.

Feel free to drop over examples of this in action elsewhere and I can take a look 🙂

From my perspective it doesn't make sense in this situation, because along with all suggestions/topics that have been mentioned by players, we're working on a host of other topics and targets, so the lines can become blurred. We're also working on all manner of other things behind the scenes, which we're not able to talk about yet, which mean we can't always address everything players report straight away. 

I need to prioritise the time I have working with the community to search our channels for the feedback, log it, cross-check it to see any trends or priorities, feed this back to the studio, discuss suggested next steps, help them with more information and reproducing the issues, check the status of a fix, tell players the status of this, then help with deployment. Adding *another* layer into that process will slow it down more and delay potential positive changes. 

Mentioned it countless times but I'll reiterate: all information that's confirmed regarding community-reported topics has been relayed, by me, back to you, the players. 'Transparency' has been mentioned a few times but there's nothing opaque about what's going on already - there is no confirmed news or information that you're unaware of. 🙂

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh come on, we are all in the dark here, even when it came to your announcement on season 1 that you hyped, the only news we got was a picture of paris.

Is the studio looking at implementing public lobbies or an option for public races without AI, if they have not decided on this by now then it is how we feared, this is the final deeply flawed game and all we are getting is bug fixes and seasons.

for gods sake we cant even adjust the tuning of a car in multiplayer, got to exit out first!

  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Feel free to drop over examples of this in action elsewhere and I can take a look 🙂

From my perspective it doesn't make sense in this situation, because along with all suggestions/topics that have been mentioned by players, we're working on a host of other topics and targets, so the lines can become blurred. We're also working on all manner of other things behind the scenes, which we're not able to talk about yet, which mean we can't always address everything players report straight away. 

I need to prioritise the time I have working with the community to search our channels for the feedback, log it, cross-check it to see any trends or priorities, feed this back to the studio, discuss suggested next steps, help them with more information and reproducing the issues, check the status of a fix, tell players the status of this, then help with deployment. Adding *another* layer into that process will slow it down more and delay potential positive changes. 

Mentioned it countless times but I'll reiterate: all information that's confirmed regarding community-reported topics has been relayed, by me, back to you, the players. 'Transparency' has been mentioned a few times but there's nothing opaque about what's going on already - there is no confirmed news or information that you're unaware of. 🙂

Example:

 

- Open a sticky thread, call it with a good name.

- start to make this list:

Community requests passed to the team:

1- option to turn on or off AI from online.

2- possibility to make a custom lobby.

3- new trees.

4- etc

5- etc

Request confirmed and planned to be into next patch:

1- AI on off online option 

2- etc

3- etc

List of request cannot be developed, rejected:

1- text chat (and reason why)

2- etc

This is only communty oriented, do not involve info about all the team work, which of course is about development and not needed to share with community.

 

 

 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GavinMac said:

Oh come on, we are all in the dark here, even when it came to your announcement on season 1 that you hyped, the only news we got was a picture of paris.

Is the studio looking at implementing public lobbies or an option for public races without AI, if they have not decided on this by now then it is how we feared, this is the final deeply flawed game and all we are getting is bug fixes and seasons.

for gods sake we cant even adjust the tuning of a car in multiplayer, got to exit out first!

+1

I've already come to the conclusion that multiplayer isn't going to improve and have given up on this game. 

Will Codemasters care?  No they've already had my money so makes no odds to them.  Tbh, the monetry element doesn't bother me as much as the feeling of being let down by this game.  Sorry to be blunt but quite frankly it's the worst multiplayer I've ever experienced in a racing game.  It's a shame as the core game is good...... a missed opportunity 😥

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Feel free to drop over examples of this in action elsewhere and I can take a look 🙂

From my perspective it doesn't make sense in this situation, because along with all suggestions/topics that have been mentioned by players, we're working on a host of other topics and targets, so the lines can become blurred. We're also working on all manner of other things behind the scenes, which we're not able to talk about yet, which mean we can't always address everything players report straight away. 

I need to prioritise the time I have working with the community to search our channels for the feedback, log it, cross-check it to see any trends or priorities, feed this back to the studio, discuss suggested next steps, help them with more information and reproducing the issues, check the status of a fix, tell players the status of this, then help with deployment. Adding *another* layer into that process will slow it down more and delay potential positive changes. 

Mentioned it countless times but I'll reiterate: all information that's confirmed regarding community-reported topics has been relayed, by me, back to you, the players. 'Transparency' has been mentioned a few times but there's nothing opaque about what's going on already - there is no confirmed news or information that you're unaware of. 🙂

Based on your 'perspective' does that therefore make those who have to prioritise a 40 hour working week alongside general household responsibilities exempt from spending a little bit of their (incredibly valuable) time submitting issues/observations that make everyone's job at Codemasters an awful lot easier than it deserves to be?

No. People contribute because they love a product. People contribute because they believe in a product. People contribute because they want to see a strong evolution of a product. But moreso, people *find time* to contribute. So (and I say this with the greatest possible respect) it maybe worth remembering that a statement which implies not being able to "do this and this and this because you already have to do that and that and that" might come across as being a little bit disrespectful and/or condescending towards those who have equal amounts of "this and this and this" to in their own lives yet still find time in amongst their personal "that and that and that" situations to make requested contributions. Furthermore, if nobody whatsoever at Codemasters can take a minute of their equally as valuable time to put together a simple list of 'known issues' with the merest of indications as to what's been looked at/worked on/not considered for the benefit of those who own the game and simply want a guide as to it's direction then that just emphasises how one-sided this whole setup actually is.

Whatever happened to 'give and take'?

  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: Just another letdown. Shocking. 

 "
Check our social channels tomorrow, the launch day of Ford vs Ferrari, to see what we’ve got lined up…"

So.... was anything announced?


 

Edited by Jay84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted this grid to be the whorst grid ever because This game feals like a demo that is stil in development too mutch from the old grid is taken away and litle had bin added in return this game feals emtpy with Just 2 game modes and no real depth in the campain or online like the old grid had ainoing ai in online races no custum lobbys no flashbacks online no car tuning no drifting or demo derby or some creativety in game modes Just a boring game i honestly havent even finished the campain cus that got boring prity fast too. 👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 5:37 PM, Holybeer said:

ok, lets talk honestly and frankly. 

I don't want to be rude but this game is the worst of the GRID serie.

To me, it's the most disappointing game since a very long time. 

I was expecting A LOT (and I guess, I can speak for everyone) for this game.

Can we talk about the poor reviews on this game on Steam ? More negative reviews on Metacritic. I don't understand why there is such a gap between press media reviews and players reviews. 

Everything is missing in this game 

  • You can't tune your car whatever you want
  • You can't paint your car whatever you want (seriously, same decals from GRID2)
  • You can't choose your sponsors
  • you can't paint the rims
  • you can't choose the race length 
  • Top tiers cars / low tiers cars > means that only few cars are useful (basically, on every races, players will choose the same OP cars)
  • Nemesis thing is useless
  • AI is terrible, even more terrible in MP. AI cuts you, rams you and you get out of the track. 
  • single player is atrocious, no real team management
  • Car selection is slow and tends to bug
  • Easy, Normal and Hard are way too easy
  • Very Hard is someday too easy, someday way to hard
  • No drift
  • Ridiculous amount of cars
  • Cars handling is terrible (the R26 omg 😐). Some cars are way too drifty
  • You can't tune your cars between online races (seriously ..?)
  • No tire/fuel management (who cares since there are only 3 laps lel)
  • race commentators are useless (and their voices in the french version.. omg please make them shut)
  • Im still waiting the super awesome crash from AI. They just drive in straight line ...
  • No custom online races (+AI in MP), MP is a joke 

Im surely missing other things.

What were you thinking CM seriously ? this game is still in beta, but a beta sold full price. Do you seriously think that your game can compet against Forza, GT, Project Cars, NFS ? 

You guys planned updates on the game. OK. Why not .. but these updates will be contents that you should already be in the game. it's a shame. It's a shame coming from a company well known for their racing games.

I'll just wait until NFS Heat (preordered it as well) is out and I'll put this GRID game somewhere and pretend it never exists. 

 

 

First four points - its about toys for babies. Looks like, the game made for adult people, which remember Grid and Grid 2.

Race length... you can chose track in quick game.

AI really rams you, it spoils, but generally AI looks good: its interesting to play against it. No direct catch-up, they keep relatively real speed, but also keep tense. One of the best AI systems I know. (Dont tell me I noob, I have 3500 online wins in previous Grids).

Team management - useless thing, buy "management" game, not racing. Great that such stupid and boring things excluded.

Cars are really different, everybody interesting, great!

About easy - already said: I play on Hard, its interesting enough.

Of course, multiplayer is dead, its real problem, not other you mention.

Forgot nemesis, it needs to be imroved, but has right for existance.

Drift... its really strange thing, for amateurs. I played a lot in Grid, in Shift, mostly in Juiced (the best), but still dont understand exactly, what I must to do, what they want from me.

Who like to move sliders, can do it offline, without other players' time killing.

Fuel managenent? Its Grid forum, son, not F1! We go for 5 minutes race, wnat a tyres problem?

You can shut commentators, I did it first day.

Multiplayer is dead, its real problem. Also AI railway. But

CAR HANDLING IS BEST EVER FOR ARCADE GAMES! 

They got Grid and Grid 2, best of both, and made very interesting and quite realistic model! It provide great enjoyment! I burn and then watch each career race! Never I felt myself such degree good in career regime. If you cannot feel it,you loser, nobody can help!

Edited by LaPremierrre
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Watch out @LaPremierre. They will not be happy with that...

You mean I have another account? Yes, I forgot to confirm that account in a week, and the system killed it. Now its dead, I cannot enter, - so, I made new. Thats all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×