This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

I keep thinking... how could they get it so wrong when the original was soooo good 10 years ago??

In the the last week Codies have mentioned they’re focussing on the GRID Stadia release and spruiking 40 car grids. I’m starting to think this game was made with Stadia as the focus. This would explain the insanely hollow and simplistic career mode (to cater for the casual gamer), as well as the decision to add AI to MP (so they can fill those 400, sorry 40, car grids).

I had so much fun with the original GRID and Micro Machines V4... Codies have managed to kill off both this gen 👏🏻

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, xxCxxUxxRxxExx said:

I keep thinking... how could they get it so wrong when the original was soooo good 10 years ago??

In the the last week Codies have mentioned they’re focussing on the GRID Stadia release and spruiking 40 car grids. I’m starting to think this game was made with Stadia as the focus. This would explain the insanely hollow and simplistic career mode (to cater for the casual gamer), as well as the decision to add AI to MP (so they can fill those 400, sorry 40, car grids).

I had so much fun with the original GRID and Micro Machines V4... Codies have managed to kill off both this gen 👏🏻

Codies can be really proud, that now they started to make games not for massive community, but for the people who can understand. They do really good game, not playing up to somebody. Here, as I've already mentioned at previous page, they got the best from Grid and Grid 2 and made the best ever arcade game system. Its for talented people, and it gives GREAAT enjoyment to them. You have to follow them, make efforths upon yourself - and then, may be, you will also feel the same! Yes, content is poor, multiplayer is that, but game mechanics itself, in solo playing, is exellent.

13 minutes ago, LaPremierrre said:

Codies can be really proud, that now they started to make games not for massive community, but for the people who can understand. They do really good game, not playing up to somebody. Here, as I've already mentioned at previous page, they got the best from Grid and Grid 2 and made the best ever arcade game system. Its for talented people, and it gives GREAAT enjoyment to them. You have to follow them, make efforths upon yourself - and then, may be, you will also feel the same! Yes, content is poor, multiplayer is that, but game mechanics itself, in solo playing, is exellent.

Look, the actual racing side of things is fun and immersive but it’s not a mobile game mate. For a full price game you want content, longevity, replayability. I can’t even hot lap now (which is all that is left) with glitched times scattered all over the leaderboards. 

I have been buying Codies games for over 20 years and most have been great, however this game, as a whole, is rubbish IMO.

Edited by xxCxxUxxRxxExx
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, xxCxxUxxRxxExx said:

Look, the actual racing side of things is fun and immersive but it’s not a mobile game mate. For a full price game you want content, longevity, replay-ability. I can’t even hot lap now (which is all that is left) with glitched times scattered all over the leader-boards. 

I have been buying Codemasters games for over 20 years and most have been great, however this game, as a whole, is rubbish IMO.

Not every game has to appeal to everyone. In fact, this is impossible, because there is always that person who doesn't like this feature or that feature.

Again, do you really think that GRID will be killed off? Yes, Micro Machines won't see another sequel in the future, but GRID has 3 DLC packs coming in the future. Keep in mind DLC comes with new tracks for free, and new bug fixes and maybe custom lobbies (If they can do so).

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Not every game has to appeal to everyone. In fact, this is impossible, because there is always that person who doesn't like this feature or that feature.

It’s not about appealing to everyone. It is the fact that this game is the 4th in the series and one would expect the latest game to build on the first three instalments, not for the game to go the other way and be stripped back to the shell that it is.

Let’s agree to disagree 👍🏻

Edited by xxCxxUxxRxxExx
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

because there is always that person who doesn't like this feature or that feature

The problem is the game has no features at all...

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, lastbreath said:

The problem is the game has no features at all...

If it had no features, then it would not be a game. It has single player, multiplayer, Free play and Profile. All are features in a standard game.

• Disagree 4

Oh it has features... just the ones it is missing is pretty effin basic!

Story based race with no story...

Campaign mode, if you can call it that, with fixed race lengths, in Autosport you had a career that in difficulty settings you could do x5 on the race length... because you know, it might take more than 2 laps to get from 16th to 1st.

Car tuning, I'm sorry but i cant figure the tuning out in this game, it seems very random,  Autosport has Brake balance, gear, downforce, ride height, suspension front/rear... what was wrong with that?

some of the racing seems unrealistically fast too, I don't know might just be me but even mini feels like supercars these days and good luck controlling the ford gt with a gamepad.

Lack of content, tracks, cars, race types.

Multiplayer... SIGH!!!!

No lobbies, this is such a basic fail on codemasters part, there is no defending this!

Cant open private races to joiners, well i guess with no lobbies then this cant happen.

Cant race at figure of 8 track, not fixed in the patch and not acknowledged my post on the bug.

AI in quick-match, I guess that's because they don't expect people to keep playing this game like it is.

Car tuning, Tuning affects the cars, if your car is tuned badly then hard luck, you have to wait until the group of races your playing has ended so you can exit out and fix the tuning,  In Autosport we would change the tuning to suit the track, like lower down-force or change gears.

If you disconnect from your private multiplayer then good luck getting back in, the AI takes over your car and you cant rejoin until the next race has started or back in the lobby.

Where is the damage?

This is just scraping the surface of whats wrong, If you want to know how the game should be then go fire up Autosport, people keep referring to Grid and Grid 2, forgetting about Autosport, but Grid and Grid 2 were more complete games than this, with proper multiplayer features.

In autosport you could take your group of racers and go into public racing disciplines, we had racenet challenges, clubs, it was a far more involving community game.

But Hey, we get Paris and Mini for season 1, probably in December as you know, stadia comes first now, If i wanted to race the mini around paris i would just load up autosport at this point tbh!

Edited by GavinMac
typo
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, GavinMac said:

If i wanted to race the mini around paris i would just load up autosport at this point tbh!

This is the main problem. You can install GAS and get literally everything better except cockpit.

If you develop a next car game - it at least should be the same quality as previous. Or there is no point in such project.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Poll closed?

Pretty Much. Final results are in, putting it out here in case results are removed

• 6.9% say this game is a great game.
  • 73.56% say this game is not good.
  • 19.54% are neutral on the matter. - MY VOTE

No names have been mentioned

Edited by CordedQuill42
Not representative of Codemasters in any way.

I don't care for all the bickering,

i just want a game to work and in this day and age is pretty simple,

if I pay £50 for a game I expect it to be excellent ,better then the previous game ,

,grid a week or two ago the graphics were overhauled and reflection in mirrors showed that ,everything is more crisper and sharper,

it made grid look nice and changed the feeling of the game, so credit is given,

It's  the complete opposite for f12019 ,the once beautiful graphics were dulled down to look the same as f12018 ,sound of cars is worse,sound bug lol and very poor ffb for the f12019 cars ,

so it begs question if they can suddenly up the graphics on grid  ,which clearly they have done , then they change any aspect of any game at ther choosing, . Is that not correct,

have a great Monday everyone,

Edited by senna94f1
Being older means more wisdom.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

will be closed due to date set on the poll when created

Yeah, he probably set end date when poll will be auto closed. Shame 🙂

Apart from zero (and I mean "zero") people online, short races, a poor damage model, a slightly tedious career set up, inconsistent visuals, lighting balancing issues, not many circuits and very peculiar looking trees i'm really not seeing why people are saying that this is the worst Grid ever. So much so that I feel obliged....no, compelled into defending Codemasters by going on record and officially saying that this is easilly the 4th best Grid game I've ever played.

There speaks Boris The (Finland) Frog Fog..and my say is final.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

how much longer til the update AI is ruining multiplayer ffs

Alonso ai car is running alone there lol

Back from a couple of days away so just picking up on a couple of things here, before getting back to collating feedback for the GRID team 🙂

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, GavinMac said:

Oh come on, we are all in the dark here, even when it came to your announcement on season 1 that you hyped, the only news we got was a picture of paris.

Is the studio looking at implementing public lobbies or an option for public races without AI, if they have not decided on this by now then it is how we feared, this is the final deeply flawed game and all we are getting is bug fixes and seasons.

for gods sake we cant even adjust the tuning of a car in multiplayer, got to exit out first!

- The circuit shot is called a teaser; full announcement on Season 1 is being made once the Stadia launch is out of the way, as announced 

- Hoping to find out this week, if not today, on a decision regarding potential multiplayer additions based on community requests 

- Adding car tuning into Multiplayer has also been noted as a community-reported request, I'll make sure to bring this up today 🙂 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

In the other words, they do not have any plans to fix the game and add commynity based suggestions (some of them since 2013.). They will release seasons dlc and thats about it.

Correct me if i am wrong @ChrisGrovesMCM

I'll correct you then - community-reported issues are being worked on and resolved every day, have been included in previous patches and updates, and will continue to be included 🙂

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Based on your 'perspective' does that therefore make those who have to prioritise a 40 hour working week alongside general household responsibilities exempt from spending a little bit of their (incredibly valuable) time submitting issues/observations that make everyone's job at Codemasters an awful lot easier than it deserves to be?

No. People contribute because they love a product. People contribute because they believe in a product. People contribute because they want to see a strong evolution of a product. But moreso, people *find time* to contribute. So (and I say this with the greatest possible respect) it maybe worth remembering that a statement which implies not being able to "do this and this and this because you already have to do that and that and that" might come across as being a little bit disrespectful and/or condescending towards those who have equal amounts of "this and this and this" to in their own lives yet still find time in amongst their personal "that and that and that" situations to make requested contributions. Furthermore, if nobody whatsoever at Codemasters can take a minute of their equally as valuable time to put together a simple list of 'known issues' with the merest of indications as to what's been looked at/worked on/not considered for the benefit of those who own the game and simply want a guide as to it's direction then that just emphasises how one-sided this whole setup actually is.

Whatever happened to 'give and take'?

Apologies if you've misconstrued my take; there's absolutely no suggestion in there that one person's time or commitment is different or more important to yours. I've said many times on here, Discord, and social channels that the feedback we receive is hugely appreciated, regardless of if it's positive or negative. 

My goal in all of this is to instigate positive changes in the game based on community feedback, and then balancing that process with keeping people in the loop as much as I can (and am allowed to), and I'm happy to adjust this approach if there's a decent real-world example of this in action. We did something *kinda* similar with F1 Mobile Racing but it was a bit less informal or regularly updated, again because of time constraints, so I can look into the possibility of doing this, but again, if you know of examples of this working out in the wild, let me know. And @_BorisTheFrog_ if you need anything else clarifying or have further concerns feel free to DM me 🙂 

Going to get back to assessing reports and feedback now - hope to have updates on new and existing community-reported topics through the week 🙂 

On 11/19/2019 at 10:47 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

cut

My goal in all of this is to instigate positive changes in the game based on community feedback, and then balancing that process with keeping people in the loop as much as I can (and am allowed to), and I'm happy to adjust this approach if there's a decent real-world example of this in action. cut

or have further concerns feel free to DM me 🙂 

Going to get back to assessing reports and feedback now - hope to have updates on new and existing community-reported topics through the week 🙂 

I sent you DM many times. u never read one. First message was before release, asking for text chat and spectator mode… 

Second point, the best positive change is announce a mega patch with everything needs multiplayer to be restored. At now is not ''multi'' at all…

How in the world someone can design a multiplayer like that and hope that someone can really bear it for a minute !!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

I sent you DM many times. u never read one. First message was before release, asking for text chat and spectator mode… 

Your text, from July, was read and the points passed through to the studio. 

3 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

Second point, the best positive change is announce a mega patch with everything needs multiplayer to be restored. At now is not ''multi'' at all…

Announcing things that are not true, nor not possible at this stage, would not be a positive step, in my opinion.