This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

5 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Your text, from July, was read and the points passed through to the studio. 

3min ago, was a request to introduce text chat and spectator mode, at july with game still in development… at now there are missing custom lobbies and ai into online… no point to read it now… Thanks anyway

c.jpg

Edited by FlashStealth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

3min ago, was a request to introduce text chat and spectator mode, at july with game still in development… at now there are missing custom lobbies and ai into online… no point to read it now… Thanks anyway

c.jpg

Should've appeared as Read before I took a look to check earlier - may've hovered over it at first and not marked as read, I dunno.

Text chat was discussed pre-launch because of your message and doesn't sound like an easy implementation. Spectator mode is usable once you are no longer racing in a live multiplayer event and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that expanded/tweaked as we look towards esports events. No guarantees though.

Either way, suggesting I don't listen to players because you're not sure if I read a message of yours from July, even though I'm on here nearly every working day talking to you, is a strange one, in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

I have a suggestion for you @ChrisGrovesMCM :

Make a sticky thread/survey with publicly visible results , with questions like what would you like to see in next game, and start adding community based suggestions (you know them all because you said you read everything people suggest) and team (Codemasters) suggestions/ideas planned for future.

Lets try all together to create a better experience for everyone in next game. What do you think?

EDIT> all of us who react angry after releasing new game react like this because we love the brand and history we had with previous titles.

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
no hard feelings
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Should've appeared as Read before I took a look to check earlier - may've hovered over it at first and not marked as read, I dunno.

Text chat was discussed pre-launch because of your message and doesn't sound like an easy implementation. Spectator mode is usable once you are no longer racing in a live multiplayer event and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that expanded/tweaked as we look towards esports events. No guarantees though.

Either way, suggesting I don't listen to players because you're not sure if I read a message of yours from July, even though I'm on here nearly every working day talking to you, is a strange one, in my opinion. 

Okay,

the point is slightly different, 

i know you listen every single message here on forum (Thanks and i really appreciate the effort)… too bad for every single feedback message there is also a ''politically correct answer'' to say ''no, or no promises, or not 100% guaranteed, we are looking at it, passed to the team, etc''.

At the end of the road you guys made a game (i speak about online) with literally no people online playing it… so what the point about feedbacks and community ? any hope for next future and next grid episode ?? how many time we have to repeat the must have features for a playable game ? is just that...

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Esports?  Good luck with that.  The xbox online community is dead which speaks volumes.  The game is not even two months old and should be thriving.  I played Project Cars for 4 years and was still getting full lobbys of 16 real people when I stopped playing.

It's such a shame as the game had real potential.... I hope the devs use the feedback re multiplayer if they ever make another Grid.

Well, we got the old Grid games (Race Driver, 2, Autosport) on consoles to fall back on, with Grid 2 and Autosport being backwards compatible on Xbox.

And if you aren't a fan of grid for some reason, Plenty of other games to get. Need For Speed Heat is a great one if you like Need For Speed. Forza Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 for Xbox One and Microsoft owners, whereas Driveclub and Gran Turismo Sport are for those who have a Playstation 4.

Grid 2019 might not have the same content or feel as the other 3, There are still fans of this (Of Course) however, Personally for me it not THAT bad.

all of us who react angry after releasing new game react like this because we love the brand and history we had with previous titles.

@CrazySerbianGuy - If you have not blocked me yet, please read.

Are you sure that reacting angry and aggressive is the right way to go? The main reason I oppose this is because you would make the area dangerous for anyone caught in the firing line, those who sometimes do not understand what is going on, that feels like a personal attack, which drives them away. The risk is greater than the reward, and developers will not likely provide a response.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Forgot something.

3 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Personally for me it not THAT bad.

Where are the players if its not that bad ? 133 player 24h peak is horrible...

Tbh i sometimes think they could give you 1 track and 1 car for 60 bucks and you would still say oh its not that bad ^^

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

What upsets most of us is this could of been an epic game, we were all getting excited that we would get Autosport on steroids!

We started seeing things we liked in screenshots, new timing and best laps on hud, rain and times of day... the actual racing is good but the implementation sucks.

I was hoping for Autosport with the new stuff we have seen but with features that other modern racers have, like in PC2 where you can save the replay of a multiplayer game so you can then go and take pictures of great overtakes and events.

Autosport was the complete game we all want but needed modernizing and expanded features.

• Agree 5

Just now, Ak1504 said:

Where are the players if its not that bad ? 133 player 24h peak is horrible...

To be honest i sometimes think they could give you 1 track and 1 car for 60 bucks and you would still say oh its not that bad ^^

Come on, it is a PERSONAL OPINION, we all have one.

5 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

What upsets most of us is this could of been an epic game, we were all getting excited that we would get Autosport on steroids!

We started seeing things we liked in screenshots, new timing and best laps on hud, rain and times of day... the actual racing is good but the implementation sucks.

I was hoping for Autosport with the new stuff we have seen but with features that other modern racers have, like in PC2 where you can save the replay of a multiplayer game so you can then go and take pictures of great overtakes and events.

Autosport was the complete game we all want but needed modernizing and expanded features.

Yep a new game in a series should build up on the features and content from its predecessor. If not it will end like Grid 2019 is atm...

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

I have a suggestion for you @ChrisGrovesMCM :

Make a sticky thread/survey with publicly visible results , with questions like what would you like to see in next game, and start adding community based suggestions (you know them all because you said you read everything people suggest) and team (Codemasters) suggestions/ideas planned for future.

Lets try all together to create a better experience for everyone in next game. What do you think?

EDIT> all of us who react angry after releasing new game react like this because we love the brand and history we had with previous titles.

Silence , as i expected ...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Silence , as i expected ...

I was doing other work. 🙂

I like the idea, to be honest, but it's worth remembering that we are just over one month since GRID's launch, and haven't even began rolling out post-launch content (really soon, honest). My focus remains on working with players and the studio to improve the existing game, before looking into the future. Let's keep walking before we try to run. Thank you for the suggestion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I was doing other work. 🙂

I like the idea, to be honest, but it's worth remembering that we are just over one month since GRID's launch, and haven't even began rolling out post-launch content (really soon, honest). My focus remains on working with players and the studio to improve the existing game, before looking into the future. Let's keep walking before we try to run. Thank you for the suggestion

when we can start to think about the next grid ? as many of us said, this one have a good core, is just too much lacking on the structure and design, all the mechanism are missing (options and features).

Did you read some of thread i open time ago with ideas for grid5 ?

• Disagree 2

What is this nonsense talk about "next Grid". 🤦‍♂️ Fix the damn game first, it's broken, it's missing features. Who in their right mind would buy the "next Grid", after the fiasco of this one?

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

I think they cant fix it and add things that are missing, it too late now (coding and stuff) ...
All they can do is create another game from scratch (i hope i am wrong here)

• Disagree 1

I see some paralell with No mans Sky: a tragedy at the release, and then 2 years later the game is fixed.

I don' t think that some few simple additions like these are hard to implement, and at least will keep some people playing until more content arrive (at least on singleplayer):

- Increase the car damage and it's effect on car balance, like autosport

- Option to select race lenght multiplier (x2, x3, etc) like autosport

- Camera shake % to increase immersion, like autosport

I have been playing Dirt Rally 2, a complete different product, don't seems it's from the same dev company. What happened in 8 months inside codemasters?!?

1 hour ago, Leo Natan said:

What is this nonsense talk about "next Grid". 🤦‍♂️ Fix the damn game first, it's broken, it's missing features. Who in their right mind would buy the "next Grid", after the fiasco of this one?

is announced the option to setup race lenght in career mode… for early of next year (gen or feb)… they will not fix key features cause it takes too much. If we are lucky we will see custom lobbies before next summer… the game is pretty dead already now, there is no time for such long waiting. Thats why i'm already looking forward. 

And if the next grid will be a ''full feature''... i will buy for sure. There are no miracles here… just that

And why in the hell are you looking forward to another game? If they can't take responsibility for this game, what makes you hopeful that "Oh, yes, the next one is totally going to great. For sure!"

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

What we what to know is, are they going to fix multiplayer or not ( remove ai, custom lobbies etc). 

This in my opinion is more important than extra content, because it doesn't matter how much extra content the game has multiplayer is empty due to the main points in bracket above. 

Some one from the community team must be able to get answers from the developer team!!!! 

Yes we are working on it now and we expect to add them in a matter of weeks or no we cannot add custom lobbies now or any time sorry.

Edited by Furbo81
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

4 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

They did similar thing with Autosport after grid2...

Autosport was literally the same game, fans were moaning only about handling and cockpit cam. In GRID2019 they have to change everything: damage, career, graphics, multiplayer... And goddamn trees! 😄

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 2