This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

1 hour ago, Furbo81 said:

What we what to know is, are they going to fix multiplayer or not ( remove ai, custom lobbies etc). 

This in my opinion is more important than extra content, because it doesn't matter how much extra content the game has multiplayer is empty due to the main points in bracket above. 

Some one from the community team must be able to get answers from the developer team!!!! 

Yes we are working on it now and we expect to add them in a matter of weeks or no we can not add custom lobbies now or any time sorry.

Yes, this is what we have been arguing here for 2 months now... They won't tell us anything straight forward, is it possible to fix this broken game or not? It's simple as that...
All they (he) say is we passed info to the team and they will decide ...

It's a shame what they did to this franchise with this last game, it's like someone (in charge) want to destroy it on purpose ! It's like they don't care at all and only care about money...

I mean , come on, we (fans of the franchise) fight for a better game, keep posting, suggest and asking for features that will make this game better and all they did is to make opposite, make it worse !
It hurts, really do...

• Agree 2

Guys, come on. Please don't turn on each other, as it is harder to get your feedback to Chris.

Lastly, don't take the religious name in vain, as it offends others (Catholics, Protestants, etc).

16 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

Autosport was literally the same game, fans were moaning only about handling and cockpit cam. In GRID2019 they have to change everything: damage, career, graphics, multiplayer... And goddamn trees! 😄

ahh trees, never forget 😄

Yes, but, Autosport get out 1 year later as a compromise because players hated handling in GRID2 . Sure , they were almost the same games, but they added cockpit cam (blurred one wow) and better handling.
My opinion.

I hope they will do something similar now and for once add most requested features.

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy

7 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

Autosport was literally the same game, fans were moaning only about handling and cockpit cam. In GRID2019 they have to change everything: damage, career, graphics, multiplayer... And goddamn trees! 😄

Exactly, better start from scratch a new one right now than dreaming for someone fixing this one.

There are enough feedbacks and suggestion to start the base design. 

and btw i know this is not happening before season 2 of post-launch… so both type peoples who want a new better grid and who want grid2019 fixed are dreaming. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, they have to deliver promised (seasons) to people who bought game. Until then , all we can do is to dream 😞

Even if they want to create something, they are focused now on that seasons thing.And i am sure they see that this game was big failure, but cant speak about it yet.

And I agree, they need to create new game from scratch.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Yes, this is what we have been arguing here for 2 months now... They won't tell us anything straight forward, is it possible to fix this broken game or not? It's simple as that...

It's a shame what they did to this franchise with this last game, it's like someone (in charge) want to destroy it on purpose ! It's like they don't care at all and only care about money...

I mean , come on, we (fans of the franchise) fight for a better game, keep posting, suggest and asking for features that will make this game better and all they did is to make opposite, make it worse !
It hurts, really do...

Just read Chrisgrooves latest post… pretty easy to say this game will see bug fix only and marginal features added. Everything needs a heavy rework will not happen.

The game base is done to the minimum since begin to minimize budget, no sense to do anything ''heavy'' after.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

I don't really do much on the GRID forums, but this confused me... You can always fix a game as long as you have the code.

5 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I don't really do much on the GRID forums, but this confused me... You can always fix a game as long as you have the code.

I know only one example of a game being fixed after bad launch , No Man's Sky. That game was so broken, was missing content, also was rushed out... They managed to fix it after several years now and it's so much better and it all was for free.
Can you imagine GRID 2019 being updated for several years? With so little players that actually play it at the moment...
I do hope they can pull out something, but i am not optimistic.

2 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

I know only one example of a game being fixed after bad launch , No Man's Sky. That game was so broken, was missing content, also was rushed out... They managed to fix it after several years now and it's so much better and it all was for free.
Can you imagine GRID 2019 being updated for several years? With so little players that actually play it at the moment...
I do hope they can pull out something, but i am not optimistic.

It was "all for free"? 🙄 Tell that to the people who paid hard cash for that game, only to get "early pre-alpha footage" of a game for two years, while the clowns at Hello took their time fixing the mess. But agree with the sentiment that they at least did fix it finally. It's something.

But, Hello are an indie studio with one active project. Do you honestly see any possible chance Codemasters do the same? I find it hard to imagine. Look even at people here, a few months after a disastrous release, and they already speaking about a sequel because they doubt a fix is coming. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for CM to say "mea culpa" and fix it, but as you can see, they are not even willing to make a commitment for almost any requested fix. "The team" is "looking what can be done". That's as evasive and as commitment-free as it gets. And people talking about sequels at this point are just rewarding this kind of behavior.

• Agree 4

I don't wanna buy a new game, for godsake. I just want Codemasters to make this one great! This just came out, not even two months passed... how is that some people is already asking another game to fix the issues with this one? Is this 1995 or something? 

If anything, give the game another chance. It would he cheaper to fix this one rather than start from scratch doing a sequel. Cheaper not only for CM, but also for us who already spent money on Grid 2019!

I think the game is "serviceable" now. I totally understand the gripes from the MP players, and I really hope they fix the mode ASAP, and also add some core features like the Career length and more tracks.

• Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Leocp said:

I don't wanna buy a new game, for godsake. I just want Codemasters to make this one great! This just came out, not even two months passed... how is that some people is already asking another game to fix the issues with this one? Is this 1995 or something? 

If anything, give the game another chance. It would he cheaper to fix this one rather than start from scratch doing a sequel. Cheaper not only for CM, but also for us who already spent money on Grid 2019!

I think the game is "serviceable" now. I totally understand the gripes from the MP players, and I really hope they fix the mode ASAP, and also add some core features like the Career length and more tracks.

Unfortunately they've already had our money so there's zero incentive or obligation for them to fix it.  Many of us will probably not buy another Codemasters game but there are plenty more where we came from.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XoxFlukeXox said:

Unfortunately they've already had our money so there's zero incentive or obligation for them to fix it.  Many of us will probably not buy another Codemasters game but there are plenty more where we came from.

Speak for yourself! 😛
I bought it on Steam and then refunded once I figured out how bad it was. I always advice people to never preorder and only buy in stores where they can freely refund for a grace period.

• Agree 3

I mean let's be honest, if GRID 2019 fails, I doubt there will be a new GRID for ages. The GRID team works at Southam and can be incorporated to any other team without that many issues compared to Birmingham for example. Chris is also the Community Manager of Codies' mobile games, so he also has a place to go should this fail.

Older examples would also be something like this

• Guildford, shut down in 2011 after 2 failed Operation Flashpoint games and one other failed shooter. Also the financial state of Codemasters at the time most likely had something to do with it.
  • Malta, started in 2014. 2 failed games, shut down in 2015.
  • Cheshire, acquired in 2016, Released ONRUSH with less than 1k physical sales in the UK, suffered layoffs and the director of DRIVECLUB and ONRUSH, Paul Rustchynsky, was let go. The studio is now supporting other studios with their games.
Edited by UP100

1 hour ago, UP100 said:
  • Cheshire, acquired in 2016, Released ONRUSH with less than 1k physical sales in the UK, suffered layoffs and the director of DRIVECLUB and ONRUSH, Paul Rustchynsky, was let go. These days works in a support role.

No, Paul is a game director in SMS, same position as in Codemasters and Evolution: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-rustchynsky-10a6187/

CM must be proud of the amazing decision to let some of the best talent from Driveclub go because they failed in creating a garbage arcade ****. 🙄 Meanwhile, Driveclub, from 2005, looks better than Grid from 2019. Top decision making at the top of Codemasters for sure.

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

No, Paul is a game director in SMS, same position as in Codemasters and Evolution: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-rustchynsky-10a6187/

CM must be proud of the amazing decision to let some of the best talent from Driveclub go because they failed in creating a garbage arcade ****. 🙄 Meanwhile, Driveclub, from 2005, looks better than the crapola Grid from 2019. Top decision making at the top of Codemasters for sure.

Yes, Paul was let go. I don't know why you're saying no here?

image.png.866393fcdbeb48ef5b75804cf4547bc8.png

I don't think it was necessarily the wrong decision, the game director is in charge of managing the game, and Codemasters obviously felt he didn't do too good with ONRUSH.

E: Ohh I get it, you think I was saying Paul was in a support role, while I actually meant the whole Cheshire studio. I'll edit the original message a bit.

Edited by UP100

5 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Yes, Paul was let go. I don't know why you're saying no here?

The "no" was in response to "These days works in a support role."

He works in the same position as before, in SMS, where his talent can be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Leo Natan said:

The "no" was in response to "These days works in a support role."

He works in the same position as before, in SMS, where his talent can be appreciated.

Added an edit just before your reply to my previous message 🙂 

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

Released ONRUSH with less than 1k physical sales in the UK

They literally could earn millions and be on the edge of glory if they released new Motorstorm. Players were angry at Sony and all attention was paid to CMs. Just give people what they want and sit on throne! Seriously, if there is a chart of wasted possibilities, CMs fail with Onrush should be on its top. This company is ruled by the most lame businesmen in the industry.

To be said I think Onrush didn't deserve such fate. It failed just because everyone was waiting for Motorstorm. Without that background the game would be more successful

Edited by lastbreath

On 11/21/2019 at 4:47 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

This was the first CM game i didnt pre-ordered ... was that a good choice?

YES. I got the deluxe/ultimate/give us your money edition and its the biggest waste of money on ps4. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

Absolute YES

The worst grid so far.  I stopped playing it only after a couple of hours.
3-4 lap races in the career is ridiculous short, the gameplay is boring and repetative.

I just checked in to see if codemasters have done anything with the feedback from their customers, but they haven't.

All they did is release an other version with new features on google stadia.😡

• Agree 3

On 11/12/2019 at 12:23 PM, Leo Natan said:

"Community leader" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

lol for a sec i thought you said communist leader.🤣🤣🤣

On 11/16/2019 at 7:16 AM, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

grid 1 or 2 remasterd would have bin a bigger hit then this game

+1 to remastered grid 1, wasn't this supposed to be exactly that ?

On 11/20/2019 at 7:00 AM, XoxFlukeXox said:

Esports?  Good luck with that.  The xbox online community is dead which speaks volumes.  The game is not even two months old and should be thriving.  I played Project Cars for 4 years and was still getting full lobbys of 16 real people when I stopped playing.

It's such a shame as the game had real potential.... I hope the devs use the feedback re multiplayer if they ever make another Grid.

it still has potential, the question is will they work it so it has at the least the same amount of content GAS has ?

I am Hoping but don't think they will make a equal amount of tracks 🤔

MP is a MESS 😶 lacking options, WTH thought it was a good idea to stream line it into nothingness ? 

MP needs defibrillation ASAP if this game is to make some sort of come back kid

otherwise the game runs very well on my PC, most cars handle very well & graphics are great. 

i wonder what the sales figures are 

Edited by OugaBooga
  • Agree 3