DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

New GRID 5 (Start from here Codemasters)

The next grid episode (grid 5) should be developed based with community, with a official list of accepted suggestion posted and updated on forum. And maybe a wide beta testing with early access on steam. This should be a big project, maybe call it Project GRID (i know remind pcars who care), and should be at least 2years of development. No shortcut, must be the best in every aspect.

Some ideas:

Some other ideas:

Feature lists are important on both link. Codemasters start from here. This are the core fearures for a good project.

Edited by FlashStealth
just grammar
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

suggestion... lock them in a room to play autosport multiplayer and see everything they left out of this game. we were playing last night and after 3 hours you get tired of the track selection, its a shame and 1 additional track a season doesnt cut it!  Everyone joked how EA would release an unfinished game and you had to buy DLC to get the complete game, codemasters cant even copy EA properly!

• Agree 2

As Gavin said, take all the stuff that made the original GRID and Autosport good and make it better instead of worse. How hard could that be? It's like the developers had never even seen the old games.

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Crumplezone99 said:

As Gavin said, take all the stuff that made the original GRID and Autosport good and make it better instead of worse. How hard could that be? It's like the developers had never even seen the old games.

i think the same. 

For me, for a GRID 5, they need to meet the below minimum requirements:

Minimum of 20 tracks at launch

Ability to build a team and add/remove sponsors

Have a story driven career mode including starting as a novice driver and working your way up to the top!

Include Multiplayer lobbies including all disciples from the career mode

Include drifting events in career mode

Include Eliminator events in career mode

Bring back Demolition Derby to the career mode

Ability to customise your car including add custom paints, vinyl's and decal's.

Remove the Nemesis system completely.

These are just a few I can think of. Grid 2019 is a good game but has so much missing compared to previous Grid games. Such a shame as graphically this game looks fantastic and has similar physics to the first Grid.

• Agree 1

I would love for grid to have a car livery system like GAS where your club can all share a livery but also has the level of customization that ABP had...

image.png.679bc700fbaf130ddcac0e05bda72c8f.png

image.png.ccad03fb79e7f92fe3cd035d63698b46.png

It would put grid above all other races in livery customization for multiplayer...  First though we need a multiplayer worth playing.

• Agree 3

How about, maybe get just a little insight from real drivers on how cars should handle. My Duramax will take corners better than some of the cars portrayed in this game😉. Not really, but still....not good.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

From the original grid (2008) I like the fact I could go straight online, click euro championships for example and then you would play three tracks randomly picked from five I think. 

I use to play for ages with people constantly coming and going, be able to click on people's profile to see how many race wins they had was pretty neat also when waiting at the start. 

I also liked it when the first person to press start in the lobbies would start on pole for the first race and then after the 1st race it would be reverse grid. (seemed to even things up) the better players would still win overall but not every race. 

Every game that has followed has been different. Why would you not just add more to a game that was so popular. Even the demo in 2008 had had more people playing online than the new grid 2019! 

Half the original grid team joining playground games didn't help. (Alan Roberts) 

🤞 They will add to grid 2019, because i think it's a good game just find it frustrating that I'm not able to set up a public lobby! 

Edited by Furbo81
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, Furbo81 said:

From the original grid (2008) I like the fact I could go straight online, click euro championships for example and then you would play three tracks randomly picked from five I think. 

I use to play for ages with people constantly coming and going, be able to click on people's profile to see how many race wins they had was pretty neat also when waiting at the start. 

I also liked it when the first person to press start in the lobbies would start on pole for the first race and then after the 1st race it would be reverse grid. (seemed to even things up) the better players would still win overall but not every race. 

Every game that has followed has been different. Why would you not just add more to a game that was so popular. Even the demo in 2008 had had more people playing online than the new grid 2019! 

Half the original grid team joining playground games didn't help. (Alan Roberts) 

🤞 They will add to grid 2019, because i think it's a good game just find it frustrating that I'm not able to set up a public lobby! 

unless they add public lobbies this game will be forgotten about fairly quickly which would be a real shame because the driving mechanics are great for online fun

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, ml66ok said:

unless they add public lobbies this game will be forgotten about fairly quickly which would be a real shame because the driving mechanics are great for online fun

I suspect this isn't going to happen and the longer they stay silent on the issue the less chance there is.

Public lobbies and the removal of AI are the most requested features for multiplayer, yet all CM will say is "the team are discussing it".

If they were going to do it they would have said by now.  It can't be that hard to do. The first Project Cars didn't have a lobby system when it was released on xbox.  The players asked for it and SMS did it in a week or two.

I have no idea what CM were thinking when they came up with the multiplayer design for this game.  It's terrible.

multiplayer of grid1 was closed from night to day, no backup plans, no new servers, no warnings, no apologies.

A good multiplayer is a glue who stick hundreds of gamers to a game. And guess what ? company have issues with that ! cause when a company have to sell new episode there is a Whole community to move on the next episode. And if the new episode don't fit what gamers are already used to do (game mechanics and features, as a comfortable online), a big part of potential buyers is lost.

So crappy multiplayer and we are all going to try the new grid5... 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

multiplayer of grid1 was closed from night to day, no backup plans, no new servers, no warnings, no apologies.

exactly, not a word infront and even after they closed the server it took them way to long to respond.

Just got home one evening and couldn't get online anymore.

The forum then was exploding much worse then now. 

4 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

So crappy multiplayer and we are all going to try the new grid5... 

Nope, this was the last grid I bought.

Never ever am I gonna fall for that again.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

exactly, not a word infront and even after they closed the server it took them way to long to respond.

Just got home one evening and couldn't get online anymore.

The forum then was exploding much worse then now. 

Nope, this was the last grid I bought.

Never ever am I gonna fall for that again.

Fair enough.

You will eventually return to the new grid eventually, and you will later claim it is not as bad as it was in the past.

Just wait.

Edited by CordedQuill42
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1