A.I in the wet are still overpowered

I think we need a slider for AI in the wet as they are way too OP. They get perfect traction out of corners and the speeds are untouchable.

I found a difficulty that is Slightly easy for me in the dry (90), I beat my teammate George Russell by about 2/3 tenths in the dry, we also have the best car so I am normally fighting for poles and race wins.

We get to a wet track and I am 1 second slower than car number 19 and I am down in 20th. I have played the last 5 or 6 F1 games and never had this issue in the wet, if I bump the difficulty down to compete in the wet, I am then OP in the dry and beat the AI by nearly 3 seconds a lap.

I have also worked out that the AI pace in the wet is bugged between 85 difficulty and 100 difficulty which might be why some of the better players (who play at above 100 difficulty do not see any issues) A.I set the same "wet" times on 85 difficulty as they do on 99 difficulty, it corrects itself under 84 and above 100 but if you play within that window, the AI is OP.

Anyone else thinks they need to tweak AI in the wet more?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

No, for me ai is ok after patch. Hard but you can race with them.

2 hours ago, TNTMati said:

No, for me ai is ok after patch. Hard but you can race with them.

What difficulty do you play at? My experiment showed that AI above 100 is well matched versus dry pace but then from 99 down to about 85, the AI are doing the same wet speeds they do at 100. Almost like they forgot to code down their speed for those difficulty levels, then you knock it down to 84 difficulty and they are suddenly 2 secs slower.

Example:

101 difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:23:2

99 Difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:23:5 (Slightly slower so makes sense)

85 Difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:23:6 (Hardly any difference to 99 difficulty)

83 Difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:25:9 (Over 2 secs slower)

So if you raced 85 difficulty, AI are setting times that are 4-tenths down on 101 difficulty in the wet. A guy playing at 101 feels the AI is perfect and you can race them, the guy who plays at 85 feels they are impossible to fight even though he can race them in the dry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Lmao I race on 102 and I'm somewhat faster or equal to the AI in the dry but when it comes to heavy rain conditions I tend to drop 4-9 tenths a lap on the front runners which is all down to the slow exits out of corners. In prior F1 games there was no delay in the rev build-up in gear 3-5 which is why the wet racing was attainable.

We will have to see if anybody else notices these problems.

20 hours ago, Nastra100 said:

What difficulty do you play at? My experiment showed that AI above 100 is well matched versus dry pace but then from 99 down to about 85, the AI are doing the same wet speeds they do at 100. Almost like they forgot to code down their speed for those difficulty levels, then you knock it down to 84 difficulty and they are suddenly 2 secs slower.

Example:

101 difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:23:2

99 Difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:23:5 (Slightly slower so makes sense)

85 Difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:23:6 (Hardly any difference to 99 difficulty)

83 Difficulty - AI Kubica in wet qualifying - 1:25:9 (Over 2 secs slower)

So if you raced 85 difficulty, AI are setting times that are 4-tenths down on 101 difficulty in the wet. A guy playing at 101 feels the AI is perfect and you can race them, the guy who plays at 85 feels they are impossible to fight even though he can race them in the dry.

I play at 97-100 depending on track 

13 minutes ago, TNTMati said:

I play at 97-100 depending on track 

Yea so you are outside the area where I think the bug is, I am seeing wet AI being the same speed on 99 as they are on 85

On 11/2/2019 at 2:19 PM, Nastra100 said:

I think we need a slider for AI in the wet as they are way too OP. They get perfect traction out of corners and the speeds are untouchable.

I found a difficulty that is Slightly easy for me in the dry (90), I beat my teammate George Russell by about 2/3 tenths in the dry, we also have the best car so I am normally fighting for poles and race wins.

We get to a wet track and I am 1 second slower than car number 19 and I am down in 20th. I have played the last 5 or 6 F1 games and never had this issue in the wet, if I bump the difficulty down to compete in the wet, I am then OP in the dry and beat the AI by nearly 3 seconds a lap.

I have also worked out that the AI pace in the wet is bugged between 85 difficulty and 100 difficulty which might be why some of the better players (who play at above 100 difficulty do not see any issues) A.I set the same "wet" times on 85 difficulty as they do on 99 difficulty, it corrects itself under 84 and above 100 but if you play within that window, the AI is OP.

Anyone else thinks they need to tweak AI in the wet more?

Excellent analysis yours! But with me, playing with full traction control, I have a hard time even playing at level 82. With the best car, I'm 19 or 20, far from the first. Maybe I'm too bad in the rain and don't fit your analysis. But when I put the traction control in the middle it solves and I walk back in front. So it seems to me that the problem is in full Traction Control. How do you play Traction Control?

On 11/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, caiocrq said:

Excellent analysis yours! But with me, playing with full traction control, I have a hard time even playing at level 82. With the best car, I'm 19 or 20, far from the first. Maybe I'm too bad in the rain and don't fit your analysis. But when I put the traction control in the middle it solves and I walk back in front. So it seems to me that the problem is in full Traction Control. How do you play Traction Control?

Thanks for this, medium TC definitely makes me faster than before so it is helping.

The issue of AI speed being the same between 99 and 85 is still there. My mate plays at 97 and the AI are perfect for him but at 90, the AI are doing the exact same speeds which makes it harder for me who plays at 90 (Although medium TC means I am no longer 2 seconds behind :classic_biggrin:)

• Agree 2

It turns out medium TC was the solution and it has also improved my dry pace at the same time.

• Haha 1

If you HAVE to use TC just to compete with the ai then something is wrong with the game. The ai cars should not use it as it's illegal of course but who ever saw an ai car spin out or lock their brakes EVER?!? 

• Agree 2

CM just need to watch 2019 Germany Gp. 

Maybe not as much but just a couple of ia Cars going slow and other two spinning