Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AI in Mutilplayer

I could go into the problems with the AI in MP, because they don't act like they do in SP.  It's not worth it though.  The AI simply needs to go in MP.  They ruin races.  I've made enough friends to get private lobbies going and it's a whole different game that is a ton of fun to play.  People are not getting to experience this with quickmatch and they should.  If you are on Xbox and need real players to race with, friend me and I'll get you in races with real people.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:12 PM, Crumplezone99 said:

Are there any plans to get rid of AI in multiplayer any time soon? If not, can I have my money back please?

Agree 100%.  Multiplayer means multiple "players" (not ai).  I spent $85 on a game from a developer that has always had multiplayer that does NOT include ai in their games.  The expectation in GRID 2019 is that the public multiplayer would NOT have ai and also include things like custom public lobbies (like all GRID and DiRT titles in the past).  If this isn't sorted soon we should all get a refund.  I have played every GRID and DiRT game made.  This is likely my last codemasters title.  

3 hours ago, babaluk said:

Agree 100%.  Multiplayer means multiple "players" (not ai).  I spent $85 on a game from a developer that has always had multiplayer that does NOT include ai in their games.  The expectation in GRID 2019 is that the public multiplayer would NOT have ai and also include things like custom public lobbies (like all GRID and DiRT titles in the past).  If this isn't sorted soon we should all get a refund.  I have played every GRID and DiRT game made.  This is likely my last codemasters title.  

The reason behind AI inside multiplayer is to have Alonso ai named car for advertising purpose also there. Basically a Whole multiplayer ruined for an hustler. 👌

Codemasters have been very quiet on this subject which makes me think the AI won't be removed.  I don't think there's much chance of public lobbies either.

All in all thus is the worst multiplayer racing game I've ever had the privilage of wasting £75 on

Roll on Project Cars 3.

This stupid AI starts killing the  game. After a clean overtaking they attack you and crash you into the wall . Have you rent the AI from Wreckfest ?? And in the Timeattacks the AI stands around in the corners , dont know what to do  , you try to overtake and they attack the Player. 

This is the badest MP i have ever seen 

Don't expect any changes before the next patch, which is coming around the same time as the Season 1 DLC.

sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.

18 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Don't expect any changes before the next patch, which is coming around the same time as the Season 1 DLC.

sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.

That would be OK I suppose. I hope they do it then.

I've just downloaded NFS Heat.  That game has online multiplayer.  

This GRID 2019 TIME ATTACK Edition has become very tiresome.  

The key to a successful game is MULTIPLAYER, MULTIPLAYER, MULTIPLAYER, and MULTIPLAYER. 

You wont lose revenue if you forget career mode.  You will just gain a whole heap of players who want to play online.  You need to change your priorities @Codemasters.  

Either make a singleplayer game for the hand full of people who are too afraid to venture online, or make a MULTIPLAYER that will attract 1000's of players from around the world.  Stop trying to cater for both.  Look where its got you with this game?  Extremely low number of players on EVERY platform.  

7 hours ago, TeddytheBeakman said:

You wont lose revenue if you forget career mode.

Polyphony Digital says otherwise.

On 11/7/2019 at 1:33 AM, TeddytheBeakman said:

With what game?

GT Sport I guess since this game is all focused on Online multiplayer.