Is Hamilton faster then Verstappen in the game F1 2019 ?

Hi Codemasters and Hi guys

Can someone tell me is Lewis Hamilton faster then Max Verstappen in the game F1 2019 ?

So if they were in the same car in Career Mode who would be faster ? 

Does anyone know the full list of A.I. Drivers performance Ranking in the game ?

Edited by TheSerbian

Both Max and Lewis are underperforming in my game, (yet to see them in the same car, Lewis has actually never moved from Merc, pretty realistic there as why would he lol) they some how manage to get overall points similar to real positions, lightly. But Bottas and Gasly always out qualified them and would win races unless an "odd script" thing changed it by force of a failure or something, bit of an odd system. Albon is now with RB but he performs awfully! Rarely gets into the top ten and rarely gets points.

Ric is the same, always a terrible outcome except by the odd "assisted" points, to force a more natural looking overall stat. But its something at least, pre-patching he was made awful too, never out quali or raced Hulk..

Stroll is performing amazingly well! Outperforming Perez and the Racing Point is still neck and neck, maybe even a little better than the RB at times, they fixed Haas performance but let RP stay strong..

Norris dominates Sainz, Norris is good for a rookie and proves he has strong race craft but still needs more consistency in reality, Sainz has been very consistent but rarely gets in points.

Leclerc is overpowered and Seb is rubbish. And Seb ALWAYS moves to a low team in transfers.. Only 2 seasons I have seen him beat his team mate and not by much. Seb retires more than any other driver.

Magnussen is highly overpowered, constantly getting points even though the car shows in R&D as poor in all areas. He contends with McLaren and sometimes RB and RP. Grosjean stays low to no points but neither crash into one another at all....

Strangely Geo now outperforms Kimi regularly now, even though Kimi has been super dominant up until the last couple of races, where Geo seems to be catching up. Unless Kimi has started doing his usual relax mode and no longer pushes as hard.

Positives are McLaren are good now in game as in reality. Kubica now seems to cool down off the steroids by constantly beating Russell. Now Russell is clearly better. And Williams now have a chance of getting into points without the players intervention after so many seasons. Where as they used to just stay at the back permanently.

In my career, Lewis won season one convincingly with Bottas 2nd, Vettel beat LeClerc by the slimmest of margins, Perez walked all over Stroll (was like an 100 point gap) Gasly matched Verstappen for pace in qualifying but over the season was nearly 80 points adrift, Kimi was destroyed by Webber who then moved to Haas mid-season to eliminate Magnussen while Kimi beat Grosjean comprehensively. 

Sainz was about 10 points higher than Norris and Danny Ric beat Hulkenberg. Albon was the only driver not to score a point all season as he was well beaten by Butler and I was paired with Russell who I beat.

From my experience, this looks to me like the ranking of AI drivers:

1. Vettel

2. Leclerc

3. Weber (Convinced he's using Alonso 2018 AI)

4. Perez

5. Hamilton 

6. Raikkonen

7. Gasly

8. Norris

9. Bottas

10. Verstappen

11. Butler (Possibly Hartley's 2018 AI? Sure, like Gasly he was stronger in 2018 than he should have been)

12. Russell

13. Kvyat 

14. Hulkenberg 

15. Sainz

16. Magnussen

17. Ricciardo

18. Albon

19. Stroll

20. Kubica 

21. Giovinazzi 

22. Grosjean

Ricciardo, Sainz and Hulkenberg are the most glaringly underperforming drivers compared to real life from what I've seen. Hamilton and Verstappen look too weak as well, certainly when compared to the top three and Grosjean needs an upgrade too. Weber needs to lay off the performance enhancers along with Gasly. Hulk, Ric and Sainz AI should be what Perez is now while Verstappen and Hamilton should be as strong in Verstappen's case and stronger in Hamilton's than Vettel and Leclerc. Bottas should also be on Perez level at least.

That being said, I've only done one race since 1.15 came out though, has it been said that AI performance has been updated?

To answer your question though OP, Hamilton is the stronger AI. But both need upgrades.

Edited by Liaveil
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Liaveil said:

Ricciardo, Sainz and Hulkenberg are the most glaringly underperforming drivers compared to real life from what I've seen. Hamilton and Verstappen look too weak as well, certainly when compared to the top three and Grosjean needs an upgrade too. Weber needs to lay off the performance enhancers along with Gasly. Hulk, Ric and Sainz AI should be what Perez is now while Verstappen and Hamilton should be as strong in Verstappen's case and stronger in Hamilton's than Vettel and Leclerc. Bottas should also be on Perez level at least.

That being said, I've only done one race since 1.15 came out though, has it been said that AI performance has been updated?

Gasly being high up is fine post-driver swap. The STR suits him much better than the undrivable-unless-you-drive-like-an-idiot hunk of junk that is this year's RB, and now that Kvyat's back to his torpedo ways I'd even wager he's carrying the team and doing quite a bit better than Albon was in the same car.

Vettel should still be at the top and a fair bit ahead of Hamilton and especially Verstappen though. With Raikkonen's form fading he's been far and away the best driver in the second half of the season, especially on race day. Leclerc, on the other hand, definitely needs to be bumped down beneath both of them, as his tendency to take a page out of Rosberg's book and set his car up solely for qualifying is a huge reason why he's been losing badly to Vettel lately despite the car literally being mandated by Marchionne before his death to follow the same philosophy as the 2018 Alfa, which suited him perfectly.

Edited by Coffer

I mean, opinions and everything but you cannot seriously suggest that Vettel has at any point this season been better than Hamilton to warrant having a stronger AI. He's barely been better if at all than Leclerc, Verstappen has been carrying Red Bull all season and has regularly been as fast and sometimes faster than the Ferrari's despite having a slower car. And Vettel certainly has not been "far and away the best driver in the second half". Don't mean any disrespect to you or your opinion but he's not even been close to that. He's had a below average season overall by his standards. A lot of drivers in the midfield have performed better but having slower cars they don't get the same coverage.

AI performances should be based off the whole season. I get your point on Gasly but his AI is stronger than Verstappen's currently which is absolutely wrong. 

The AI drivers need to be balanced as if they are all driving the same team now that driver transfers are a thing. Balancing them around car performance doesn't work anymore (should now be the other way around) as there'll be massive performance differences where there shouldn't be if certain drivers become teammates (e.g Ricciardo vs Raikkonen or Perez)

Based off this season and other recent years it should be:

Hamilton being strongest overall followed by Vettel/Verstappen/Leclerc/Ricciardojust behind Hamilton (like 0.050-0.200 on average). Then we should see Bottas/Raikkonen/Sainz/Perez/Hulk just behind those guys (again, about a tenth or so off the group ahead). Then Norris/Russell/Albon/Gasly/Kvyat/Magnussen/Grosjean should all be very close and about a further tenth or two on average behind the previous group with Stroll/Gio/Kubica being the weakest. 

Edited by Liaveil
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

for my experience in career, Hamilton had some weak gps mid-season (he was 13th in silverstone, missed Q3 in germany) and Verstappen was the world champion in season 1.
But the fastes driver was Bottas, he won season 2 and 3 championship.