DiRT Rally 2.0 Trial Version - Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Great step! I hope some new players will come to my friend list.

• Like 1

downloading now on PS4. interested to see what content is actually playable in this Trial version.

also, I can't run it on full settings on PC, but on the other hand I'm able to get rid of effects I don't like on there, like lens flare, screen space reflections and TAA. I know these things aren't customizable on console but I'm just curious to see how the graphics stack up in comparison. might take a few screenshots.

29 minutes ago, ianism said:

downloading now on PS4. interested to see what content is actually playable in this Trial version.

also, I can't run it on full settings on PC, but on the other hand I'm able to get rid of effects I don't like on there, like lens flare, screen space reflections and TAA. I know these things aren't customizable on console but I'm just curious to see how the graphics stack up in comparison. might take a few screenshots.

Great. Base PS4 has FullHD resolution only. It looks amazing in 4K.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ianism said:

H1 FWD Class + Historic Championship (Spain, New Zealand)

RX Supercar Class + World RX Championship (Catalunya)

• Like 2

yeah, I just saw last night.

I must say it's a slightly disappointing amount of content for a 70GB download, but oh well haha I guess it means if you buy it you don't have to do any installing or anything.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, HoksuHoo said:

Why not on PC?

I'd have to guess concerns that some PC users would be able to easily unlock/hack/mod to make available all the content of the full game on PC?

Sounds like you're still basically downloading the whole thing on console if it's 70gigs! That's crazy. But then it's not a demo, it's a trial where you can pay to unlock the rest of it?

Edited by pyide

Correct, it’s a trial.

Immediate unlock of full game when you purchase, hence the large download. 
Your progress carries over too.

19 hours ago, pyide said:

I'd have to guess concerns that some PC users would be able to easily unlock/hack/mod to make available all the content of the full game on PC?

Sounds like you're still basically downloading the whole thing on console if it's 70gigs! That's crazy. But then it's not a demo, it's a trial where you can pay to unlock the rest of it?

Not like it's hard to obtain the "full game" illegally on PC. It's a shame, because such a trial can really help people who are on the fence on Steam, especially with VR headsets.

15 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Correct, it’s a trial.

Immediate unlock of full game when you purchase, hence the large download. 
Your progress carries over too.

I have just bought the full version for PS4 too 🙂

• Like 2

Started the download 3 days ago, man it takes so long for my XBOX ONE to download it.

Might worth taking a look at. Have to lay low here for a while, after the Grid forum turned into a backlash.

Is the trial time gated?

Edited by CordedQuill42

23 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Started the download 3 days ago, man it takes so long for my XBOX ONE to download it.

Might worth taking a look at. Have to lay low here for a while, after the Grid forum turned into a backlash.

Is the trial time gated?

It took my Xbox One X ~1 hour to download. Is this the only game that is taking long time to download? It doesn't make a lot of sense, since you are downloading from Microsoft servers, not Codemasters.

57 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

It took my Xbox One X ~1 hour to download. Is this the only game that is taking long time to download? It doesn't make a lot of sense, since you are downloading from Microsoft servers, not Codemasters.

My internet connection isn't always the best.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, CordedQuill42 said:

Is the trial time gated?

no, it's not time gated as far as I can tell (I tried it on PS4 but already have it on Steam, so I don't think I'll pay for it again unless it's heavily on sale. perhaps US thanksgiving/black friday?)

there's not a ton to do though. in rally there's just 3 (very slow) cars you can use in 2 rally locations (you get to try every stage they offer at least). then in RX you can pick any of the supercars (there's like 6 of them) but there's just one track.

On 11/5/2019 at 5:54 PM, pyide said:

Then maybe the PC demo should not include all the content of the full game? That's how PC demos have worked since time immemorial

Edited by HoksuHoo

2 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Then maybe the PC demo should not include all the content of the full game? That's how PC demos have worked since time immemorial

How can you easily unlock the full version then? 😄

• Haha 1

Ive seen ppl on forum saying they are not able to play career on cracked versions since it cant connect to racenet and thats needed for it. If thats true (i see no reason for them to lie) it might be a why none of us that bought the game can play career when racenet is down. To limit pirates.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, somethingthing said:

I have seen people on forum saying they are not able to play career on cracked versions since it cant connect to race net and thats needed for it. If thats true (i see no reason for them to lie) it might be a why none of us that bought the game can play career when race net is down. To limit pirates.

Pirating software is ILLEGAL here in the United States, and in the United Kingdom (In which the Codemasters Forums are based).

The penalty is severe, with a major fine and a long time in prison. Not worth the effort.

• Haha 2

On 11/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, somethingthing said:

Ive seen ppl on forum saying they are not able to play career on cracked versions since it cant connect to racenet and thats needed for it. If thats true (i see no reason for them to lie) it might be a why none of us that bought the game can play career when racenet is down. To limit pirates.

yeah, obviously. that was always why the career was online. and of course if racenet is down you can't do career. you need to be connected to it in order to access anything in my team