Crash reports and resulting steps - updates here

Hey all,

Thank you to all players who have got in touch in the last week or so, giving us feedback on crashes they are hitting in the game on PS4 or Xbox One. Apologies to all that have experienced this.

As mentioned, it's been a top priority for us to investigate this further, and with help from all your feedback, we're centring in on a solution for this, which should come in the form of a patch. This won't be available immediately; I just wanted to make you aware that steps forward are being made. I'll keep you in the loop regarding progress on this as soon as there's something to report. 

Thanks again 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(PC USER) One day after update 1.1 i was in livery selection screen and the car did not show up on screen and i could not do anything , just to move cursor between liveries , also i could not go in back screen with B button (xbox gamepad) or forward with A button so i shutted up the game via desktop manager..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Were you guys able to replicate the issue? I've read somewhere that users of the enhanced consoles (Pro and X) aren't experiencing this as base users are... maybe that could help? The game seems to crash during loading screens.

I hope you can fix it soon. Is there an ETA for the patch? 

(PS4) Has to do with custom liveries. Reset to a stock livery and the game doesn't crash anymore. At least that is my experience.

29 minutes ago, MrMadArnie said:

(PS4) Has to do with custom liveries. Reset to a stock livery and the game doesn't crash anymore. At least that is my experience.

Still crahes with stock livery, sadly. 

PS4 pro: crashes in MP after the 3 races are finish in the loading screen back to lobby CE-34878 , i use controller

I hope you are texting every career mode race. At the end of several of them on the placement screen the controller becomes unresponsive and/or there are no button promts to continue. You just have to back out and close the game.

This is actually a bigger issue then the crashes as it makes progress impossible amd the game unplayable.

Base PS4, regular controller everyother game I have runs fine.

16 hours ago, Leocp said:

Were you guys able to replicate the issue? I've read somewhere that users of the enhanced consoles (Pro and X) aren't experiencing this as base users are... maybe that could help? The game seems to crash during loading screens.

I hope you can fix it soon. Is there an ETA for the patch? 

Through the feedback and subsequent testing we confirmed that it wasn't a one-size-fits-all situation - I.E not every player was experiencing the issue at the same point in the game, so the fault doesn't lie in one specific area. The cause was a little deeper down than that - which we've identified, rectified, and are running tests now for the fix 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

I hope that the problem is solved soon because I am about to return the game, it is unplayable ...

On 11/5/2019 at 6:27 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Through the feedback and subsequent testing we confirmed that it wasn't a one-size-fits-all situation - I.E not every player was experiencing the issue at the same point in the game, so the fault doesn't lie in one specific area. The cause was a little deeper down than that - which we've identified, rectified, and are running tests now for the fix 🙂

Great news! In this case, I don't mind waiting a couple of days more, as long as you guys nail it this time.

Still, I wanna go back and play again! I'm kinda missing the game already. Thanks for the update.

PD: I still have faith in you guys. It has been a rough start, but please keep working on your game, make it great! Next year can be great if you do rectify and improve on the weak points of the game ;)

• Like 1

Was hoping this had something to do with Grid. Maybe adding public custom lobbies. But no it's for f1 2019. Again disapointed. 

Screenshot_20191106-171519_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey all,

Latest word from the GRID team is that tests for this hotfix are ongoing, and an estimated launch time for this is early next week. Always subject to change, as we want to conduct all the necessary checks to ensure the hotfix is successful, but that's all the news I have right now. Thanks 🙂

• Haha 1

Please, PLEASE, don't screw it this time. We spent the last two weeks waiting for you guys to fix the game, to make it PLAYABLE. 

You are taking your time for the hotfix, and it makes sense. You guys cannot further screw this anymore. So yeah, good thing, use these last coming days to test the patch back and forth, get the crashes and freezes out of the way, but keep the improvements if the 1.1 patch in. So we all can look into the future of this game at once! 

This month has been quite a rollercoaster with this game xD thanks for keeping us updated!

• Agree 1

Thanks for the information, I hope it is the definitive solution
Edited by Xbxo

Hey all - patches to improve stability on consoles are now rolling out - just made a new thread to make sure everyone sees the news: 

Thanks 🙂

• Agree 1

On 11/7/2019 at 12:43 PM, Leocp said:

Please, PLEASE, don't screw it this time. We spent the last two weeks waiting for you guys to fix the game, to make it PLAYABLE. 

You are taking your time for the hotfix, and it makes sense. You guys cannot further screw this anymore. So yeah, good thing, use these last coming days to test the patch back and forth, get the crashes and freezes out of the way, but keep the improvements if the 1.1 patch in. So we all can look into the future of this game at once! 

This month has been quite a rollercoaster with this game xD thanks for keeping us updated!

Hey here is a hint. They did screw it up.. LMAO Still broken and cant finish a race..