Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Base PS4, Crashes are NOT the biggest issue.

I'm seeing mostly people talking about the crashing issues on PS4. Yeah it's not good and needs to be fixed. 

The biggest problem is that after certain career mode races the game becomes unresponsive on the placement screen. Sometimes the controller doesn't respond and sometimes the button prompts on tye screen aren't even there.

This is a bigger issue than the crashes. It makes progress impossible and the game unplayable because you have to back out of the game and close it. Why would I even try to play a game that broken?

Base PS4, regular controller, system is fine every other game runs fine.

Can anyone else please confirm this issue? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 3

Well defining crashes and freezing that completely prevent the videogame from playing NOT the biggest problem seems to me to be quite risky since a videogame first has to make you play

• Confused 1

This is a sort of freezing. It basically freezes after some races. You're just stuck in the placement screen. My point is that a crash is one thing, it's not cool and annoying as Hell. But this freezing issue is actually worse. If the game crashes you can just start the game back up but if it freezes after a race you can't progress. So yes, the freezing is a bigger issue than random crashes. 

It's a bigger issue and more game breaking than a random crash. My concern is that I'm mostly seeing posts about the crashes but again random crashes < freezing on certian races. The freezing isn't random, you litterly can't finish some career races.

If the freezing was random I would agree that it's as bad as crashes but it's on certain career events.

And no I'm not going to test the game for Codemasters, not my job.

And maybe this is some sort pf crash but the game never actually crashes out. It just sits there on the placement screen, controler does nothing and the real strange part is the button prompts sometimes don't even appear on the screen. Idk, is that a crash? I'm not a video game wizard I just want to be able to play a game I payed money for.

• Thanks 1

I'm having the same issue I think. I'm playing the PS4 version last updated 10/29. I'm trying to do the "Fernando Alonso: Off the Grid" event in career. I try to hot lap and it won't load afterwards, gets stuck reloading back into the track, when it shows you the track and race info and who is starting where. If I just do the race starting in the back of the pack I'll then have the issue where it gets stuck on the results screen. The thing is all the other races work. I've done multiple races to check and I can hot lap myself into first and I can complete the event fully. It's only when i try to do the "Off the Grid" event that I have this issue, at least that I've found so far. 

• Agree 1

I've had it happen on at least 2 different events, everytime I tried them. I can't remember which ones otherwise I'd list them. Also tho it's not my job to test this game.