Jump to content

Sweden whiteout

Recommended Posts

I really love Sweden but one of it's weather makes me avoiding this location in challenges. See below.
I would really welcome slight modification to this. Maybe headlights should operate more giving a clue where is the road. In those conditions is almost impossible to anticipate a turn ontime.
Those are yellowish as you can see on video sometimes

XRHbpBj.png

 

 

 

 

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Sweden too but when it comes up as the next country in career i usually just retire. The reason is, just as you say, when its snowing its almost impossible to see the stage at all.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sweden comes back in the licence, I really hope Codies will pit trees with less snow on it. Dark green at least adds some contrast :

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, somethingthing said:

The reason is, just as you say, when its snowing its almost impossible to see the stage at all.

IMO it's not about snowing but about fog IMO (or combination of both). Yesterday I did whole Sweden event in Masters championship and fortunately didn't experienced blind conditions, regardless there were stages indicated as heavy snowing.

BTW in DR2 snowing was way better with hypnotic snowflakes "changing direction" depending on how a car turns. It was way better than a rare snowflakes plus thick fog

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buuuut in real life, when it's snowing like that, that's how bad the visibility is.

what's unrealistic is how the heavy snow at night basically doesn't affect your visibility at all.

also, in the game, if you're playing against AI, they will be slower in heavy snow, just like they're slower at night or in the rain.

the tree thing tonius mentioned (ie, the trees lose their snow) happens when it's warm so the snow melts off the trees. even if it's super windy, some snow and ice tends to stick to them. I don't know, for me it's prettier with the snow. having them without the snow just depresses me because it means spring is coming haha

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just random guess: does starting position affect colour of the snowy road? I just came to idea that maybe road is darker when starting from further positions while it's more white (more snow covered) when starting first. Just guess but might match how road degradation works and explains why sometimes roads are more visible than other times.

Would like to see devs comment on it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Just random guess: does starting position affect colour of the snowy road? I just came to idea that maybe road is darker when starting from further positions while it's more white (more snow covered) when starting first. Just guess but might match how road degradation works and explains why sometimes roads are more visible than other times.

Would like to see devs comment on it.

that is a very good question.

I don't think so, though. I think it's like a more subtle version of Monte Carlo, where different colours (ice/snow) on the road reflect different surfaces with different grip conditions. in Sweden, I'm pretty sure the darker stuff is meant to be slush. I say this because it always seems to be the same sections that are darker and lighter. I could totally be wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was doing some career and sweden came up in  the lineup. First stage i got 3rd and in 2nd it was snowing and i ended up in place 23.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ianism said:

buuuut in real life, when it's snowing like that, that's how bad the visibility is.

 

This.  It's an accurate representation of whiteout conditions in the snow.  You need to learn how to adapt to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mwoodski said:

This.  It's an accurate representation of whiteout conditions in the snow.  You need to learn how to adapt to it.

Okay. But why it disappears when you change camera to bumper or hood camera? Suddenly the view is much clearer. I really hate Sweden for no visibility from cockpit views. I just retire almost every time 🙈

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, MaXyMsrpl said:

how road degradation works and explains why sometimes roads are more visible than other times.

Would like to see devs comment on it.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always think that there is no enough contrast between the road and banks, which makes driving in Sweden in DR2.0 very challenging.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only using cockpit view, I love Sweden. It is one of my favorite locations and wish there was at least one more snow location.

Argentina is the one I skip. Funny since it was my favorite when the game came out, but I can't stand it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

Okay. But why it disappears when you change camera to bumper or hood camera? Suddenly the view is much clearer. I really hate Sweden for no visibility from cockpit views. I just retire almost every time 🙈

because you're no longer looking through a piece of glass at an angle?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 7:34 PM, JKangSC said:

I always think that there is no enough contrast between the road and banks, which makes driving in Sweden in DR2.0 very challenging.

as someone who lives in a place with a fair bit of snow for 4+ months (first one of the season was today), that is realistic, assuming the snow is fresh - ie it has fallen recently and hasn't melted (or melted and refrozen or rained on or whatever)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to fully agree with OP here. As an in-car-cam-only driver, I regret having to go to bumper cam when it snows in daytime in Sweden. The developers should really do something about this issue!🤔

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×