Sweden whiteout

7 hours ago, ianism said:

so do you think you would be able to drive in this? keep in mind the road is more than twice as wide as the country roads in DR, and there are electric lines and patches of exposed tarmac to help guide you.

if it wasn't realistic, people would be complaining about it being too easy.

The problem is not if it is too difficult or not. The problem is the huge difference between outside cameras and the in-car view AND the fact that the AI isn’t affected by the weather conditions. The game is struggling with the consistency in these areas.

• Agree 2

@ianism

Why didn't you attach video with earthquake, volcano eruption or flood?
How many times you've seen rally in conditions where driver wasn't able to distinguish a road from banks?

My original post is not about fog or snowing. It's about white road surface surrounded by banks of the same colour. Even on video you attached the visibility of the road boundaries is better than in my video

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Not my point mate, its not that I can't see the road etc is that the over saturated white effects my eyes in such a way as to make it very very hard to look at the screen! I literally have to drive those stages at half speed as I'm only half looking at the monitor so my eyes don't go MIGRAINE!!!!

Edited by KittyFit90

21 hours ago, ianism said:

so do you think you would be able to drive in this? keep in mind the road is more than twice as wide as the country roads in DR, and there are electric lines and patches of exposed tarmac to help guide you.

The problem is big difference in visibility between cameras like @Kjell007 said. Incar is undriveable and bumper or hood cam is quite okay. This is the problem. And your video is a bit off topic. I get winter conditions every year where I live, I was 4 times or more on Rally Sweden, I was in Arctic Rally and I have never experienced such problems. So I think that there is something wrong with these settings. 

• Like 2

the lighting is different in interior and exterior cams.

i also struggle to see in Sweden. a hotfix is to use bonnet cam, and turn down the brightness (or black saturation, if you have that option) on your monitor/TV a bit. 

i find New England too dark though. i always have to turn the brightness up for that location. other locations are fine, for me at least.

Edited by Tranzitive

On 11/22/2019 at 4:16 PM, ianism said:

You dont run a rally car at 130 kmh in those weather conditions I really dont think so. It is not a matter of realism it is too much in VR it makes it really too annoying. Sometimes it is close to a complete whiteout in Sweden. In VR is completely different compared to the 2D screen I have of course tried ...

• Agree 3