DiRTy Gossip about WRC 8 and WRC 9

On 5/3/2020 at 1:37 PM, danielofifi said:

I agree, the way the driver moves his hands in WRC8 is laughable, and it looks very similar in WRC9 I'm afraid. You can't be serious about a modern rally game with this type of animation.

I messaged them several times about this on their Facebook page and never got a reply. This is one of the reasons why Codemasters is way ahead, is giving fans a forum to voice their opinions and it works. All the newer wrc games are rubbish compared to dirt rally 1 & 2, all they had that’s good is the wrc licence and they can’t even use that properly. I will be very slow to buy wrc 9.

• Agree 3

Finally got to try Kylotonn's WRC8 after it was for free on Games with Gold on Xbox. The stages are their strength, no doubt. That's about it, though. There's not much to say, really. No. Competition. Not even close. I can't believe that some people were seriously mentioning DR2.0 and WRC8 in the same sentence. 

Edited by richie

and their car models look so off........................like from a game 10 years ago .Some are proportionally wrong,some are just shaded wrong.

Their stages look ok, but if you zoom in, Codies stages are a lot more advanced and detailed.

Physics IMHO, suck. Cars have no weight or inertia, hardly any understeer.And something about, if you pay attention, as you accelerate in their cars , they speed up unrealistically .And my gosh, the SOUNDS are garbage.