WRC 8 vs DiRT Rally 2.0

it just feels right, great handling, great FFB, in ya face action, it's fast... it's realistic, oh the graphics are decent to.

DR 2.0 feels dry, slow and tedious? been playing WRC 8 more than DR far more rewarding in every sense.

Although i do enjoy a blast on DR 2.0 i find WRC 8 is more thrilling.

Edited by watzcoc
  • Haha 5
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

What are you playing on out of interest? Game does look quite good but I’ve been really put off buying it as it’s 30fps on console.

• Like 1

xbox one x, really smooth considering it is 30fps, quite impressed

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

xbox one x, really smooth considering it is 30fps, quite impressed

No. 30 FPS is always pretty bad.

• Agree 8

Not enough RWD and/or group B cars in that game. Seems like a decent game if you like the current gen WRC cars though.

• Agree 1

Tried wrc8, washed out graphics, twitchy controls, 30fps, stil robot co driver, the most demanding crew ever, same engine sound from all the cars. Yeah a real winner

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, cwot said:

Not enough RWD and/or group B cars in that game. Seems like a decent game if you like the current gen WRC cars though.

I still want to pick it up, purely because it has the 2019 cars in it. All the videos I have watched of it seem to have dreadful car audio though! 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I still want to pick it up, purely because it has the 2019 cars in it. All the videos I have watched of it seem to have dreadful car audio though! 

the audio is pretty decent, i listen through 7.1 home theatre system and it is loud, the cars sound like they should imo, but this is official wrc title and DR 2.0 is a side championship to support WRC, thats how i look at it.

DR2 is from rally masters and WRC from some beginners without previous successes I guess. The choice is yours 😄

i'm playing both games, first i take a dose or two of WRC8 and after that a dose of Dirt Rally 2.0. Most effective !!! 

I would prefer DIrt Rally 2.0 over WRC8 if it would have better FFB. I'm still hoping for an update in the next patch. My T150 wheel stays much too quiet when driving at full speed. I would like to feel the same effect when driving with a damaged wheel at high speed then, that would be thrilling. Also when braking the car down if would like to feel something when the wheels are locked up. I'm really dissapointed about the FFB how it is. 

Edited by Makromatic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I have wrc 8 and I played WRC 7. WRC7 wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. the new one is much improved, and that's the thing with all the positive energy around WRC 8 - it was a lot better relative to everyone's expectations. DR2 was living up to the very high expectations of DR1, and was essentially released unfinished, with a ton of bugs and stuff. but they're mostly good now. in comparison, WRC 8 has a lot of serious bugs as well, aaaaand they probably aren't going to get fixed because there is very little (if any) post-release support for that game.

the main issues I have with WRC 8 is that 9 out of the 14 locations are identical to WRC 7 (and most of those have been the same since WRC 5...) and it only has R2, R5 and WRC classes. it's 13 vehicles (and 5 bonus cars if you pay $16 US extra for them). that's insanely low.

also, the physics are kinda meh, though tarmac is better than DR2 I think.

the graphics are a bit rough, but they're ok. I don't care about fps though, I run DR2 on a laptop so I'm usually in the 30s and 40s. same with wheel. I don't have one so that doesn't factor into my preferences.

4 hours ago, watzcoc said:

Watch the Codemasters fan boys chime in with their in denial comments.

ah, a self-appointed troll! are you paid by bigben? you're not? then don't whine when people have different opinions from you because they have different perspectives and priorities.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, ianism said:

ah, a self-appointed troll! are you paid by bigben? you're not? then don't whine when people have different opinions from you because they have different perspectives and priorities.

what ever,

you have wrc 7 you say, that game was the worst in the whole series.  WRC 8 is a massive improvement, something that wrc 7 should have been. The handling in 7 along with controls were terrible, i mean terrible. 

Edited by SkiddyMcCrash
removed masked swearing
  • Haha 1

Never heard so much utter garbage in my whole life. Wrc 'feels' faster because its 30fps, in this day and age that's an absolute joke. Audio is gash, visuals too, physics are broken as cars can bounce and take off at the slightest hint of a tap, and be stopped dead in their tracks on the smallest of objects. Co driver sounds like hes giving a WW2 news report on a radio broadcast. Only thing it has going for it is the amazing track design and half decent ffb

Also, if you think dr2 is slow, it's you, not the game, git gud ya scrub 😂, when you are flat out on the absolute edge it's hard to keep up what's going on

Edited by battfinkz
  • Agree 5

Watzcoc is already doing this since months. He just wants attention

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, watzcoc said:

you have wrc 7 you say, that game was the worst in the whole series. 

I disagree, I'd say WRC5 was the worst. 7 at least had interesting stages.

As for WRC8 vs DR2.0, it really is up to one's taste. Some days I feel like cruising in Renault Alpine or drifting like crazy in 911 R-GT so I play DR2. But when I want the intense modern rally action, I put on WRC8. It's really good after proper ffb tweaking. In some aspects it's even more realistic than DR2, eg. tarmac handling or damage system. 30 fps doesn't bother me, I always remind people of SLRE which was awesome and also 30 fps.

No need to hate on any of the two games. DR2 for historic rally and gravel, WRC8 for modern rally and tarmac, that's how I see it. Let's just be happy we have two really good rally games on the market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I've played both, will never agree. Hopeless FFB, my major issue. Physics at least much more feeling realistic (in DR2.0). Liked modern WRC cars, but honestly - I'm mostly interested in historic ones so...  I'm generally ok that there's few rally games that are considerable as good, but for me WRC8 could not exist.

Edited by Pioy

There are many things I prefer in WRC8, and some I don't.

Rumble trigger support works, yet somehow not in DR2.0 because it's not DX12? Well, neither is WRC8.

Weather and time of day, tarmac, sense of speed, stages (for the most part) are miles ahead of DR2.0 for me. The best stages in DR2.0 are remasters, that's really sad. Even then, they kind of lost their soul and look off due to the weather or time of day choices. Extreme brightness is the order of the day for DR2.0

The massive BUT, is that WRC8 does not feel good on high refresh monitors/gsync. It just never feels smooth no matter what I try.

10 hours ago, Pioy said:

but for me WRC8 could not exist.

That's how I have felt about a lot of the (recent) WRC titles. I have put time into them because they are rallying games, and I'll do the same with WRC8, but if they were missing from my gaming history I don't feel that would be a significant loss. 

It's a real shame as, in the early Playstation days, the WRC games were essential purchases. 

• Agree 1

guys, a titles will be released with **** quality as long as you buy it.

So if you buy for sentiment to wrc regardless a title quality, you can blame  noone but yourself. 

it applies not only for wrc8. DR2 has been released as unfinished having crucial issues after 9 months. Because we are happy to buy unfinished games, publishers will publish them, cause it's financially convenient. as simply as this

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, marts said:

Rumble trigger support works, yet somehow not in DR2.0 because it's not DX12? Well, neither is WRC8.

Does that mean Xbox controller doesn't have all feedback on PC? Because without it it's like PS4 which is almost unplayable for me.

7 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Does that mean Xbox controller doesn't have all feedback on PC? Because without it it's like PS4 which is almost unplayable for me.

In the triggers, yes. Regular rumble works.

1 minute ago, marts said:

In the triggers, yes. Regular rumble works.

Wow, that's pretty bad.