WRC 8 vs DiRT Rally 2.0

the problem on DR 2.0

- tarmac problem  , the tarmac need more inertia physics  because the slide and drift is bad and the car  stop very fast after for  slide and drift )

tarmac info because  need more info for bump and jump and road broken by the time 

tyre strategie is very bad , soft and medium should degrade more faster 

wet tyre better than medium tyre on dry tarmac is not normal

wet tyre  more gripy on wet road than dry road is not normal too

-pace note on dirt rally  2.0 is bad 

-dirt rally 2.0 not have dynamyc weather  ( maybe  is coming for next dirt  because is on f1 games )

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

the problem on DR 2.0

- tarmac problem  , the tarmac need more inertia physics  because the slide and drift is bad and the car  stop very fast after for  slide and drift )

tarmac info because  need more info for bump and jump and road broken by the time 

tyre strategie is very bad , soft and medium should degrade more faster 

wet tyre better than medium tyre on dry tarmac is not normal

wet tyre  more gripy on wet road than dry road is not normal too

-pace note on dirt rally  2.0 is bad 

-dirt rally 2.0 not have dynamyc weather  ( maybe  is coming for next dirt  because is on f1 games )

You forgot to mention Racenet, which is literally crippling the majority of DR 2.0s main design. 

For a company whose networth is ridiculously high, Racenet is down multiple times a week.

• Agree 3

I have been watching a few youtube videos of wrc 8 and it looks really fun! If they decide to add vr support it will be a buy for sure! It doesnt seem to be as forgiving as dr2 when driving bad.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 1

On 11/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, Grimstreaker999 said:

same engine sound from all the cars.

That's not true.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, mesa said:

That's not true.

The engine noise of the cars more or less all sound the same.
Anyone who claims otherwise has never played it

• Disagree 3

15 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

The engine noise of the cars more or less all sound the same.

there are differences between cars. The fact is that's how they sound in real life, once compared to real life videos.

It's like saying all touring cars sound the same, or all supercar v8 sound the same when in fact there are subltle differences between manufacturers.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

That's not true. 
May you never played it?

Switch to Hood camera and check it out and think it again.

he engine sound is not the only weak point The damage model is virtually non-existent, although I've set it to realistic, the car has only tiny little scratches even in a big crash The rear and brake lights are wrong for many cars or not even available.

Although WRC 8 is worse than Dirt Rally we should be happy that there are two good Rally Games and I like to play WRC 8 from time to time

Edited by gleylancer571

Has anyone else noticed that in the on board view Camera in wrc 8 the steering wheel hardly moves?? It’s really really annoying as I drive with the view most of the time in dirt rally 2.0. I have reported it to wrc 8 Facebook page along with other bugs I’ve come across and have had no response from them, I have hardly played the game since it came out, wrc 8 is not even in the same level as dirt rally 2.0 as we should count ourselves very lucky that we have this forum to post our views, issues and problem with dirt rally. I don’t expect to hear anything from Big Ben anytime soon.

11 hours ago, tonzboher said:

Has anyone else noticed that in the on board view Camera in wrc 8 the steering wheel hardly moves?? It’s really really annoying as I drive with the view most of the time in dirt rally 2.0. I have reported it to wrc 8 Facebook page along with other bugs I’ve come across and have had no response from them, I have hardly played the game since it came out, wrc 8 is not even in the same level as dirt rally 2.0 as we should count ourselves very lucky that we have this forum to post our views, issues and problem with dirt rally. I don’t expect to hear anything from Big Ben anytime soon.

That's because it's optimized for gamepad users (consoles); the steering ratio of the animation is small.

4 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

That's because it's optimized for gamepad users (consoles); the steering ratio of the animation is small.

Which game? Dirt rally 2.0 or wrc 8??

13 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

WRC 8, or course.

So your saying wrc 8 is not for non pc players? 

3 hours ago, tonzboher said:

So your saying wrc 8 is not for non pc players? 

He said it's for gamepad users.

I don't see how it's a PC vs consoles. It's just a fact that console players mostly play on gamepads, and the game (WRC8) is optimized for that, because that is the largest audience that will play it. Dirt Rally 2.0 and Dirt 4 display the wheel as it should be. It's important to note that this is only a visual issue, and will not impact how your racing wheel performs in the game.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, Grimstreaker999 said:

Tried wrc8, washed out graphics, twitchy controls, 30fps, stil robot co driver, the most demanding crew ever, same engine sound from all the cars. Yeah a real winner

No VR in Wrc 8. My interest stops here. No VR No buy 🙂

4 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Dirt Rally 2.0 and Dirt 4 display the wheel as it should be

No. it doesn't. DR2 has steering rotation **** up. You have to match steering wheel rotation using saturation. For R5, saturation has to be 100%, for Focus'01 or Subaru95 - 75%. All depends on expected rotation range of selected car. And unfortunately it's not only visual issue in this case: it really affects steering sensitivity.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

4 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

No. it doesn't. DR2 has steering rotation **** up. You have to match steering wheel rotation using saturation. For R5, saturation has to be 100%, for Focus'01 or Subaru95 - 75%. All depends on expected rotation range of selected car. And unfortunately it's not only visual issue in this case: it really affects steering sensitivity.

That sounds like an issue in the simulation itself, rather than the wheel animation.

Yea, I have also noticed this bug with Subaru95. It looks like soft lock is not set up correctly. Going to report it next time I have time to make a picture.

not only Subaru. It affects all cars except of those with rotation equal to R5 cars.

It's reported already. But next report is welcome.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

if a bug arises in dirt 2.0, we report it and we know it’s going to get looked at and or fixed, with wrc 8 iam not so sure, so far there has only been one patch for the PS4, Maybe they will address the issues in time, I don’t think there is any way of reporting problems like we have here with dirt rally 2.0, that’s way this forum is excellent!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, tonzboher said:

we know it’s going to get looked at

It's only assumption. PJ already proved several times that some reports were never checked.
There is no serious workflow of processing reported issues. IN result almost any report is left without feedback. In addition, in case of problems with fundamental functionality, CM not only haven't delivered a fix, but stopped to respond at all. I don't know situation with WRC, maybe it has less major issues so they don't need to communicate interactively. But IMO CM doesn't treat us like serious customers. I admit, it's way better comparing to SMS, at least in an attitude during communication. But since the forum is rather community one more than support one, I cannot feel it to be CM provided service.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1

Maybe we should have access to some issue tracker like normal SWs have. You can create your issue, add comments and see the status. Because forum is a bit useless as a tracker. It's better than nothing for sure but everybody can see the problem now. I don't care about cockpit wheel but what is the current situation with it? Hard to say.

• Agree 2

On 11/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, Leo Natan said:

Same for all Dirt games before Dirt Rally 2.0 has been released.
That wasn't the fault of gamepads - the driver animation was limited in general. Codemasters first game which supports more than 180 degree of steeringwheel animation is DR 2.0
Developers of WRC series have to solve the same problem.

No reading of telemetry is enabled by WRC 8 which is a shame...

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 38 seconds before submitting.
New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 18 seconds before submitting.
New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 1 seconds before submitting.

• Haha 1