Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×
Message added by PJTierney

This thread exists so that you guys don't flood the entire DR2 forum with news about non-Codemasters WRC games; keep all talk of those titles in here please 🙂 

Might look good but the car sounds are the same and to be honest it looks like the handling is ****. He pulls the handbrake and the car brakes with abs like if it was with left foot braking on a city drive.

• Agree 4

I have faith that CM tweak down the excess of post-fx in DR2.0 so we can have a true better looking game. I feel like there's way too much HDR burning colors and over-exposing stuff, as well as excess of bloom. DR1 looked better without the excess of these effects, and with 2.0's upgraded lighting engine it would surely look way better.

There's no texture work or 3D needed, it's just about tweaking these little big things.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

I have faith that CM tweak down the excess of post-fx in DR2.0 so we can have a true better looking game. I feel like there's way too much HDR burning colors and over-exposing stuff, as well as excess of bloom. DR1 looked better without the excess of these effects, and with 2.0's upgraded lighting engine it would surely look way better.

There's no texture work or 3D needed, it's just about tweaking these little big things.

I disabled Motion Blur and everything below in the graphics settings and the game looks good. There are just a few places where you have excess post-fx in this case and they don't bother me. Try it.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Like 2

Wow, the graphics and locations look photorealistic. I guess I’m in the minority here - but from an aesthetic standpoint this destroys DR2.0.

I have every reason to believe the physics and handling, along with the FFB - will follow suit. 

Definite pick up for me, 100% - can’t wait!!

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 1

I like the colors, the lighting and overall visuals. It just looks a bit more natural than DR2 to be honest. 

The handling is still evidently quite weird. The cars are not rotating enough on throttle. When they do get sideways the wheels starts spinning and you lose all the momentum forward. 

Stage design looks great but the road mesh seems to have lots of sudden dips and landmines even when they're supposed to be flat like previous games. 

I want them to show how is their physics and what its derived from ? Real suspension movement ? No momentum of cars in that clip.Ill still get it for varieties sake, as we have not many choices ,but just like WRC7 , will take back seat to  Dirt 2.0.I hope sooooooo bad they get rid of that semi truck weighty wheel feeling with no response and dying inertia 

20 hours ago, Lollerke said:

But what it has to do with Dirt Rally? 🙂I think nothing and this has no place in here. You should post these to the WRC 8 official forums.

well with all the bugs and missing ffb in DR2, i think we need to have a right to look at a good alternative...although I really DO hope that codies are addressing the major issues in time! 
(this coming from someone who is a fan of the DR series since Collin Mc Rae Rally!)

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2