PJTierney

This thread exists so that you guys don't flood the entire DR2 forum with news about non-Codemasters WRC games; keep all talk of those titles in here please 🙂 

Message added by PJTierney

On 5/3/2020 at 1:37 PM, danielofifi said:

I agree, the way the driver moves his hands in WRC8 is laughable, and it looks very similar in WRC9 I'm afraid. You can't be serious about a modern rally game with this type of animation.

I messaged them several times about this on their Facebook page and never got a reply. This is one of the reasons why Codemasters is way ahead, is giving fans a forum to voice their opinions and it works. All the newer wrc games are rubbish compared to dirt rally 1 & 2, all they had that’s good is the wrc licence and they can’t even use that properly. I will be very slow to buy wrc 9.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Finally got to try Kylotonn's WRC8 after it was for free on Games with Gold on Xbox. The stages are their strength, no doubt. That's about it, though. There's not much to say, really. No. Competition. Not even close. I can't believe that some people were seriously mentioning DR2.0 and WRC8 in the same sentence. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 1

and their car models look so off........................like from a game 10 years ago .Some are proportionally wrong,some are just shaded wrong.

Their stages look ok, but if you zoom in, Codies stages are a lot more advanced and detailed.

Physics IMHO, suck. Cars have no weight or inertia, hardly any understeer.And something about, if you pay attention, as you accelerate in their cars , they speed up unrealistically .And my gosh, the SOUNDS are garbage.

• Agree 1

A lot of the more well known sim racing streamers got a press release version of the game over the last week or two. For me they are better to draw an opinion on more than the KT released videos.

A few things I noticed immediately.....

First, it looks like they have fixed puddle physics, which were absolutely trash in WRC 8.

The cars look to actually have better angular momentum and carry inertia properly through tight bends and hairpins, another big issue in WRC8.

The cars do not seem to be rocket ships anymore. Accel looks to be more in line with the real cars, or at least the sense of speed in the game has been improved.

Cars look less twitchy and look to have weight, much more than in WRC8.

8 is good, but still so many small things are lacking. I do play 8 a lot though with WRC 8 Mods 10.1 from Racedepartment. You lose online play, but the graphics and physics improvements make the game absolutely amazing.

I don't know, if you have played DR2.0 it's really hard to like WRC8, especially if you're on a wheel. It feels horrible and the handling and physics are far from being somewhat believable, contrary to what many people were claiming. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaxmanUSMC said:

A lot of the more well known sim racing streamers got a press release version of the game over the last week or two. For me they are better to draw an opinion on more than the KT released videos.

A few things I noticed immediately.....

First, it looks like they have fixed puddle physics, which were absolutely trash in WRC 8.

The cars look to actually have better angular momentum and carry inertia properly through tight bends and hairpins, another big issue in WRC8.

The cars do not seem to be rocket ships anymore. Accel looks to be more in line with the real cars, or at least the sense of speed in the game has been improved.

Cars look less twitchy and look to have weight, much more than in WRC8.

8 is good, but still so many small things are lacking. I do play 8 a lot though with WRC 8 Mods 10.1 from Racedepartment. You lose online play, but the graphics and physics improvements make the game absolutely amazing.

wow do you care to elaborate on physics mod please ? 

I look race departement gameplay and wrc 9 have bad pace note 

59 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

thanks for that , ill check it out 

No prob. I will say, don't get frustrated with the mod. You have to make the car oversteer with braking and throttle. It takes some getting use to, but it is worth it once your set up right.

So the 1999 Toyota Corolla WRC has been announced a while already as preorder bonus in the deluxe edition.

Found some gameplay videos of 2 other older WRC cars that apparently will be available in WRC 9

Citroën Xsara WRC 2005

Ford Focus WRC 2007

• Like 1

actually just found another video that shows the complete car list

Charming quasi-Irish robot they've found as the co-driver

Would make a fine 'Forbidden Planet' type robot butler I'd imagine

Posted (edited)

It looks so weird, as if there's no interaction between surface, tyre and suspension and the car's just hovering over the stage. It really isn't my cup of tea. DiRT Rally 2.0 undoubtedly offers the best rally experience by far in my view. 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Who ever is responsible for the engine sounds for those games should be kept home in quarantine and never let out. Absolutely horrible!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wrote off WRC 8 when it came out as it just felt and looked alien after playing DR2 for so long. However, a mate convinced me to have another go. After having a good mess around with my wheel settings and the field of view (dash cam works best), I'm now absolutely loving it. The stage design is incredible. The narrow German stages alone are worth putting the time in for. I would urge anyone to go back to it and find the sweet spot, it's really worth it. I can't wait til Codies get their hands on the licence, these stages with Codemasters visuals and diverse car lineup will be unreal. 
Excited for WRC 9 and the safe knowledge that my rallying addiction is fully covered between DR2 and WRC until the next Dirt Rally comes out.

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

I like the additional cars but I'm afraid that you can't drive a season with the bonus/historic cars

Yeah that is annoying. Also annoying that you can't drive a single rally or create your own event, it's single stage or season only. No clubs or leagues option either, but that should be fixed in WRC 9

Posted (edited)

What I wrote above was intended for WRC 9.
Also in WRC9 you won't be able to drive a season with the bonus cars (I think), because then the question arises which cars the competition will drive, there are not enough cars for the many car classes.

New to the game are :
Ford Focus,Citroen Xsara and for pre-order the Audi A2 and in the Digital Deluxe the Toyota Corolla I guess you can also buy it as DLC.

And a Concept Car as a Patch

Edited by gleylancer571

Can you still get the Bonus Car (Corolla WRC) if I order a physical copy of the came... you know with a Disc and box/cover? 

5 hours ago, MattJelonek said:

Can you still get the Bonus Car (Corolla WRC) if I order a physical copy of the came... you know with a Disc and box/cover?  

I hope that you can buy the Corolla as DLC

On 8/18/2020 at 5:04 PM, gleylancer571 said:

What I wrote above was intended for WRC 9.
Also in WRC9 you won't be able to drive a season with the bonus cars (I think), because then the question arises which cars the competition will drive, there are not enough cars for the many car classes.

New to the game are :
Ford Focus,Citroen Xsara and for pre-order the Audi A2 and in the Digital Deluxe the Toyota Corolla I guess you can also buy it as DLC.

The new Replay system is a huge step forward. Really is.
Smart decision has been made to use tele cameras instead of zooms
It looks almost like IRL

1911634375_DesktopScreenshot2020_08.28-23_54_29_86.png.4e19a47f743491a060100a950d690da8.png

• Agree 1