PJTierney

This thread exists so that you guys don't flood the entire DR2 forum with news about non-Codemasters WRC games; keep all talk of those titles in here please¬†ūüôā¬†

Message added by PJTierney

Looking at the WRC 9 streams it looks not like they have made steps forward regarding FoV, cockpit view and car movement.
Also it seems that there is no more custom championship instead they have a kind of club championship.
BTW: The key shops sell it already for around 25 EUR.

Well I have play already in WRC 9 version Deluxe with Toyota Corolla WRC on the board from the 3 days. There's new cockpit view... There's better gameplay with physics... There's improved career mode and Championship... There's much more fun. 

There's much more realistic grip difference between gravel / asphalt / snow / icy road.

Asphalt physics what's normally are much much better from Dirt series put in together.

There's better damage mechanisms.

Deluxe version cost me only £58 not too much huh? 

This game is far far away better from Dirt Rally 2.0.

Nacon and KT they did it... Now WRC game it's in the right top direction. 

And what more? Better Co-Driver voice finally. And free adds like new tracks, cars and more. So they don't look into your pocket like Codemasters.

This game is really good and now I don't want give WRC license away for Codemasters who they are now produce simply arcade games.

IMG_1925c5fe-4cb2-401e-92a2-ea5969403f03.png

save_7.png

save_6.png

save_5.png

save_4.png

save_3.png

• Haha 1

Hrmmmmm.... sounds like a promotional post... but in saying that maybe the game will be great! 

• Agree 1

On 8/30/2020 at 5:11 PM, Peter Mathen said:

Looking at the WRC 9 streams it looks not like they have made steps forward regarding FoV, cockpit view and car movement.
Also it seems that there is no more custom championship instead they have a kind of club championship.
BTW: The key shops sell it already for around 25 EUR.

You are totally wrong. Do you have played this game already? I have play from 3 days and there is more better improvements based on WRC 8 version. I suggest for you first play then later write something with sense not gibberish.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Martinio32 said:

You are totally wrong. Do you have played this game already? I have play from 3 days and there is more better improvements based on WRC 8 version. I suggest for you first play then later write something with sense not gibberish.

Maybe you want to re-read my post to answer your question yourself.

So got access this morning to WRC 9. All I will say is.....the driving is really, really good! If you are a rally fan, you should not pass this one up. 

• Like 1

True sim racer review: 

In short: total arcade.

Edited by PJTierney
Removed word bypassing swear filter.

6 hours ago, virgism said:

True sim racer review: 

I mean, that is your opinion. Didn't sound like that from him in the vid. Yeah, he is beating the AI pretty easy on the hardest difficulty. I have noticed some disparity in the AI over different rallies, Sweden especially. This was noticable in 8 as well.

And honestly he wasn't fully settled into the physics and it was obvious. When I use all the things I learned driving in RBR and apply them to WRC 9, I get the cars to handle just the same. Yes, WRC 9 is much more forgiving than RBR, but the techniques learned in RBR directly apply to 9. This was not the case in 8.

In no way is it perfect, but my God is it so much more fun and engaging to drive. Finally a really good WRC game, plus with DR2 still strong, what's not to like as a rally fan?

• Agree 1

On 8/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, MattJelonek said:

Can you still get the Bonus Car (Corolla WRC) if I order a physical copy of the came... you know with a Disc and box/cover? 

Toyota Corolla WRC only in Deluxe not sell separately.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:23 PM, Peter Mathen said:

Maybe you want to re-read my post to answer your question yourself.

You haven't played this game when you was writing this post only watched streams as you wrote. And AGAIN... THIS GAME HAVE MORE IMPROVEMENTS OVER 8! NOW YOU GOT THIS???

On 9/1/2020 at 11:36 AM, MattJelonek said:

Hrmmmmm.... sounds like a promotional post... but in saying that maybe the game will be great! 

There's not maybe. This game it's great.

7 hours ago, virgism said:

True sim racer review: 

In short... DR2.0 much more arcade. Go kid to work. Buy car. If WRC want aim future young stars in this game then they know what they do. S.Loeb said... Modern rally cars have different cornering angle attack and they are more easy to drive and precise from the classic WRC cars. Go and drive any 4x4 car like Audi A3 for example then you can write your gibberish. I'm game player and real driver with thousands miles ahead in cars like FWD, RWD and 4x4. If you call it total arcade then every other game is the same in this position.

Edited by Martinio32

On 9/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, Martinio32 said:

And free adds like new tracks, cars and more. So they don't look into your pocket like Codemasters.

Thats because the WRC franchise is fully licensed, which means all current Rally locations and all current WRC cars need to be added in the core game. This will also be the case in 2023 when Codemaster release their licensed WRC title, because thats how fully licensed titles work.

Also, there is a deluxe edition that gives extra content, so not everything is included with the core game.

49 minutes ago, Martinio32 said:

In short... DR2.0 much more arcade. Go kid to work. Buy car. If WRC want aim future young stars in this game then they know what they do. S.Loeb said... Modern rally cars have different cornering angle attack and they are more easy to drive and precise from the classic WRC cars. Go and drive any 4x4 car like Audi A3 for example then you can write your gibberish. I'm game player and real driver with thousands miles ahead in cars like FWD, RWD and 4x4. If you call it total arcade then every other game is the same in this position.

People are entitled to hold a different opinion to you, they are entitled to state that opinion, just like you are. There is no need for you to be so abrasive towards people who do not think like you do. This is a public forum, and people will not always agree with what you have to say.

As for your driving experiance in real life, is that normal road driving or actual rally driving?

If its the former, then stop being so disingenuous. If its the latter and you have real world experiance driving rally cars on actual rally stages, in full competition; then I think people deserve some proof of your claims. Otherwise no one will take you seriously, especially given your attitude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Thats because the WRC franchise is fully licensed, which means all current Rally locations and all current WRC cars need to be added in the core game. This will also be the case in 2023 when Codemaster release their licensed WRC title, because thats how fully licensed titles work.

Also, there is a deluxe edition that gives extra content, so not everything is included with the core game.

People are entitled to hold a different opinion to you, they are entitled to state that opinion, just like you are. There is no need for you to be so abrasive towards people who do not think like you do. This is a public forum, and people will not always agree with what you have to say.

As for your driving experiance in real life, is that normal road driving or actual rally driving?

If its the former, then stop being so disingenuous. If its the latter and you have real world experiance driving rally cars on actual rally stages, in full competition; then I think people deserve some proof of your claims. Otherwise no one will take you seriously, especially given your attitude.

For short clear answer first... I'm rally fan from early 90s and yes I have had ocassion drive private FWD rally car in closed track. For second don't teach me about my freedom here. If pseudo SIM racer write gibberish and nosense then better for him buy a real car and get some little bit practice in real life instead talk totally nonsense... Typical kid.

There's a lot of book about rally ( I recommend start reading finally ) and what rally drivers talk about modern machines and feelings behind new game WRC9. 

https://www.overtake.gg/en/news/1563-publisher-nacon-wrc-9-goes-way-further?fbclid=IwAR1TKdomxkhZQOyywhcCryzWgralWP35U3D24ExN6IJ3DKVYoUj1M85wXnw

And again... What I don't like is simply nonsense and gibberish from pseudo sim racers who talk totally rubbish without even knowledge about real world in rallying. 

Hello,

i got this setup:

Simucube Ultimate, Ascher Racing Button box and wheel pedals, Heusinkveld Pedals, Heusinkveld Handbrake, Heusinkveld Sequential Shifter.

when i try to assign key for pedals the game crash, any solutions?

thank you!

*EDIT*

if i discconect all the USB connections and connect only the pedals\shifter\handbrake i can setting them up and it work,

cant really drive cause handbrake on 100% all the time(ill check the revrert option soon)

if the Ascher Racing Buttombox connected everything messed up again.

ill check soon if there is any update for the drivers 

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 13.02.43.jpeg

Edited by Mashmideus

@Mashmideus Obviously, Codemasters can't help here, it's not our game ūüėȬ†

Maybe somebody in this thread has the same thing, but for bugs you're best off contacting the developer directly.

3 hours ago, Mashmideus said:

Hello,

i got this setup:

Simucube Ultimate, Ascher Racing Button box and wheel pedals, Heusinkveld Pedals, Heusinkveld Handbrake, Heusinkveld Sequential Shifter.

when i try to assign key for pedals the game crash, any solutions?

thank you!

*EDIT*

if i discconect all the USB connections and connect only the pedals\shifter\handbrake i can setting them up and it work,

cant really drive cause handbrake on 100% all the time(ill check the revrert option soon)

if the Ascher Racing Buttombox connected everything messed up again.

ill check soon if there is any update for the drivers 

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 13.02.43.jpeg

Maybe you should ask that in their support forum or on Epic ... sorry I forgot that both does not exist.

You could try email their support or Steam forum.

i know but there is no other place to ask that lol.

i wish to see in the future a game dev by Codemaster&Kylotonn, It will be awsome!

On 9/2/2020 at 1:07 PM, SaxmanUSMC said:

I mean, that is your opinion. Didn't sound like that from him in the vid. Yeah, he is beating the AI pretty easy on the hardest difficulty. I have noticed some disparity in the AI over different rallies, Sweden especially. This was noticable in 8 as well.

And honestly he wasn't fully settled into the physics and it was obvious. When I use all the things I learned driving in RBR and apply them to WRC 9, I get the cars to handle just the same. Yes, WRC 9 is much more forgiving than RBR, but the techniques learned in RBR directly apply to 9. This was not the case in 8.

In no way is it perfect, but my God is it so much more fun and engaging to drive. Finally a really good WRC game, plus with DR2 still strong, what's not to like as a rally fan?

This game is much more created for online competitions even with real rally drivers so AI isn't good even on my opinion. 

Main thing in this series 9 is Full attack.

Well, but how can he have an idea of reality if the only steering wheel in your hands is the one for games.

It just so happens that I have Simon Carrier in my contacts, who once collaborated with Colin McRae on the project of the McRae R4 rally car, they used SPC as well as CATIA V5.  When he moved to Toyota as an engineer where they were preparing a 380 horse car for 2017, I asked him what the purpose of this car would be.  He only replied that he had to be as precise as possible.  Today he is the Chief Designer of Toyota Gazoo Racing and it is nice to have him in contacts on LinkedIn.  This is such a curiosity and answer to stupid statements like "In short arcade".  This level of knowledge is presented by this kid on the racing wheel.

Edited by Martinio32

On 9/1/2020 at 12:30 PM, Martinio32 said:

Well I have play already in WRC 9 version Deluxe with Toyota Corolla WRC on the board from the 3 days. There's new cockpit view... There's better gameplay with physics... There's improved career mode and Championship... There's much more fun. 

There's much more realistic grip difference between gravel / asphalt / snow / icy road.

Asphalt physics what's normally are much much better from Dirt series put in together.

There's better damage mechanisms.

Deluxe version cost me only £58 not too much huh? 

This game is far far away better from Dirt Rally 2.0.

Nacon and KT they did it... Now WRC game it's in the right top direction. 

And what more? Better Co-Driver voice finally. And free adds like new tracks, cars and more. So they don't look into your pocket like Codemasters.

This game is really good and now I don't want give WRC license away for Codemasters who they are now produce simply arcade games.

thank you for your review ūüôā I'm moving funds from Dirt 5 to WRC 9

On 9/2/2020 at 2:23 PM, Martinio32 said:

Toyota Corolla WRC only in Deluxe not sell separately.

Lie.

@MattJelonek You can buy the DLCs in the Deluxe Edition seperately. I've looked in the Microsoft Store for X-Box, should be the same for other platforms.

I wouldn't give much on what this guy says, pretty aggressive defending of something means either fanboy or advertising.
Quite childish behaviour.

I ordered WRC 8 Deluxe Edition from the WRC-Shop yesterday.
If this is any good, I may buy WRC 9, too.
I don't expect it to be as good as DR2.0, can be more arcady, but it must be authentic.
And I heared good things regarding career mode.

I own already all previous WRC games, but didn't played WRC 6 and 7, because...I don't know...can't stop playing DR2.0 ūüėĄ
Won't buy DiRT 5, because I don't wanna get eye cancer.

22 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Lie.

@MattJelonek You can buy the DLCs in the Deluxe Edition seperately. I've looked in the Microsoft Store for X-Box, should be the same for other platforms.

I wouldn't give much on what this guy says, pretty aggressive defending of something means either fanboy or advertising.

I don't expect it to be as good as DR2.0, can be more arcady, but it must be authentic.

I own already all previous WRC games, but didn't played WRC 6 and 7, because...I don't know...can't stop playing DR2.0 ūüėĄ

I bought the Deluxe Version of WRC 9 direct from Xbox. So i'm happy... On the other hand, just to keep a physical copy, I bought WRC 8 Deluxe in the metal case on shop.wrc.com but I don't play it haha. I'll get it autographed.

Can I say I haven't played the WRC game since WRC 5 or 6... when ever the MINI was officially in the game and I could finally grasp the handling and manoeuvre the perfect hand-brake turns on hairpins! After that I gave up and it was Dirt 2.0 for me.

Regarding WRC9... Wow. After a day, you REALLY need a day to get use to the physics, the cars, the steering and the roads. They are bonkers technical. Monte... gah! I hate Monte but Sweden and Mexico and Argentina, Argentina is so rough and slow. It's EPIC! A bit more concentration than normal, the roads and stages are new to me as I never played WRC 8... same with WRC 7 I just bought it to have it.

Career mood is fantastic too. Really, you can't compare this game to Dirt 2.0 

They are both totally different and unique and very good in their own ways. Really.

And again no you can't buy this separately. Clean your eyes better. 

Once DR2.0 was a benchmark for me after RBR as the best rally game, then when WRC8 was revised it was different… and when WRC 9 came out I forgot about DR2.0.

If you haven't played WRC 9 yet, you'd better not write anything about its technical aspects.  In this edition, optimized realism allowed real drivers to finally compete on a high level with virtual players.  Online clubs are miles better than DR2.0.

Of course, you can compare both games, at least on the level of R5 cars.

Capture+_2020-09-05-16-21-29.png

13 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Lie.

I would not recommend using WRC 8 to judge whether or not to buy 9. Just go straight to 9. To many improvements in the physics and dynamics of the cars to be able to judge this way.