AI race start and team performance update??

In the patch notes for patch 1.15 it says "AI Race start performance variance updated leading to slower starts by the AI on average" but still it seems that the AI frequently gets away off the line quicker than I can, especially in F2.  I find I'm ridiculously slow off the line in F2, even when I release the clutch the moment the lights go out.  No matter what I do, the car is painfully slow to accelerate off the start and multiple cars end up overtaking me.  As for the race starts in F1, I don't really see much of a difference.

Also, will there be any more team performance, car model and livery updates?

Edited by RickFlare96
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, RickFlare96 said:

Also, will there be any more team performance, car model and livery updates?

Apparently Codemasters are "currently"not looking into adjusting the performance of the cars, teams or drivers again for unknown reasons, even though all three are out of sync to reality and this game is supposed to be the "official gaming product" of the 2019 F1 season.

It took my mate about 26 Minutes to alter the data base accordingly in order to fix car performance/ team performance/ driver performance in relation to real life performance and save it up as a mod for PC, yet Codemasters, who are paid professionals, simply won't fix this issue "officially" in a supposed "officially licenced F1 product".

Shameful and disappointing.

Car models and liveries could get another fix though, as Codemasters haven't specifically denounced this possibility as of yet, but don't get your hopes up.

#VoteWithYourWallet 

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

6 hours ago, RickFlare96 said:

No matter what I do, the car is painfully slow to accelerate off the start and multiple cars end up overtaking me.  As for the race starts in F1, I don't really see much of a difference

try these settings:

12500-13000 rpm

ERS: 4 or 5

Fuel: rich

acceleration pedal at 50% till the lights off then carefully to 100 and shift to 2nd gear quickly.

no or medium traction, if you use full you will have no chance!!!

and tyre temperature:

89-92 °C for C4/C5

92-97 °C for C1/2/3

Edited by 2Pacalypse
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RickFlare96 said:

especially in F2.

I believe this is from a combination of the F2 cars not using tyre blankets and the ai using a simplified physics model that doesn’t take their tyre temps into account when computing grip.  This is also a problem at circuits that tyre temp management is important a la Monaco or Singapore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Apparently Codemasters are "currently"not looking into adjusting the performance of the cars, teams or drivers again for unknown reasons, even though all three are out of sync to reality and this game is supposed to be the "official gaming product" of the 2019 F1 season.

It took my mate about 26 Minutes to alter the data base accordingly in order to fix car performance/ team performance/ driver performance in relation to real life performance and save it up as a mod for PC, yet Codemasters, who are paid professionals, simply won't fix this issue "officially" in a supposed "officially licenced F1 product".

Shameful and disappointing.

Car models and liveries could get another fix though, as Codemasters haven't specifically denounced this possibility as of yet, but don't get your hopes up.

#VoteWithYourWallet 

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

where is this mod you mention about realistic performance for drivers and teams?? i can't seem to find it

9 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

where is this mod you mention about realistic performance for drivers and teams?? i can't seem to find it

The mod is supposed to be published once Codemasters ends support for F1 2019, but only before news on F1 2020 will be released, so in around March or April of 2020.

My mate does not want to have a influence on Codemasters revenue by giving them the chance to indirectly gain profits via having more sales on the PC platform because of his "realistic performance mod".

He specifically stated that "this is Codemasters job to fix and not the responsibility of the community to take".

Codemasters have the official F1 licence, but refuse to balance / adjust the game accordingly to replicate the real life season as close as possible, it's, first and foremost, their "official duty" to ensure quality and they have not done that yet.

#VoteWithYourWallet 

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

Do they get actual performance numbers from f1 teams to make this calibration of power in the game? If this is the case, and it should be, then it will be just a matter of plugging in couple of variable numbers somewhere in the code. These performance numbers should be culled after each race and be included, the latest numbers that is, in the next scheduled update.  I hope this is how this is working.  No big code updated required here, just an update to constants and variables withing the code.  

You are probably getting terrible starts in F2 because you are trying to do it like its an F1 car, I can get just as good of a start as the AI in the F2 cars