Sign in to follow this  

Safety car

Codemasters, are you ever going to fix the Safety Car???? Please, It does not come out at all, even when cars retire, come on now, how long have we been asking!!!

• Agree 3

I dont know why everyone want that Safety Car ūüôā¬†When i play with 25%, 50% or 100% Races , i always Turn Off Safety Car ūüôā¬†I think using Safety Car vs A.I. is unfair.¬† A.I. is not so smart to take advantage with pit stop strategy when Safety Car is out.

Edited by TheSerbian
  • Disagree 1

I haven't been playing this game for a long time, really unhappy with it. Last week I've started a new career after the Gasly/Albon swap and the fix of the driver transfers. In 4 races I had 2 safety cars. Also I've restarted one of those races, the same AI driver retired and the safety car came out again, made me feel it's scripted.

And it also feels like a gimmick. An AI car goes of the track, the safety car comes out for around 3 laps, the AI car vanishes and that's it... I hope that in next gen consoles, with more firepower, they simulate marshals taking the cars of the track, at least it will feel like there is a need for a safety car.

Codmasters don't care enough to fix an issue that's existed for more than two years as what is an obvious FU to consumers.  

• Agree 4

19 hours ago, TheSerbian said:

I dont know why everyone want that Safety Car ūüôā¬†When i play with 25%, 50% or 100% Races , i always Turn Off Safety Car ūüôā¬†I think using Safety Car vs A.I. is unfair.¬† A.I. is not so smart to take advantage with pit stop strategy when Safety Car is out.

You are wrong. Ai can take advantage when sc is out. Strategy for ai works identically as for player. 

21 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Codmasters don't care enough to fix an issue that's existed for more than two years as what is an obvious FU to consumers.  

As always, I don't buy the "don't care enough" argument. I don't know any games developers who don't care a ridiculous amount about the games they make. And as for the notion that any company's business plan includes refusing to fix an issue in order to annoy its paying customers, that's plainly just ludicrous.

I do believe there is some fundamental reason they can't make the safety car work, though. And whatever that reason is, it's clearly significant enough that it's not going to be magically fixed in a late-cycle patch. And possibly not until the next complete re-write.

Edited by scottishwildcat

13 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

As always, I don't buy the "don't care enough" argument. I don't know any games developers who don't care a ridiculous amount about the games they make. And as for the notion that any company's business plan includes refusing to fix an issue in order to annoy its paying customers, that's plainly just ludicrous.

I do believe there is some fundamental reason they can't make the safety car work, though. And whatever that reason is, it's clearly significant enough that it's not going to be magically fixed in a late-cycle patch. And possibly not until the next complete re-write.

...would be good to hear it from codemasters though wouldn't it?

I dont think you can blame anyone for thinking they dont care enough when all we get is radio silence.

• Thanks 2

But didnt you know, that radio silence makes the problems go away.

They teach you that in your first year of Computer Programming 101

• Haha 4

If Codies merged all the safety car complaint threads over the years into one single thread the whole forum would collapse and the Internet would implode with it. That's a scientific fact! 

:classic_cool:

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

I don't know what kind of problems people always have with the safety car:
There are hundreds of videos of hundreds of people with hundreds of times the safety car came out.

38 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

There are hundreds of videos of hundreds of people with hundreds of times the safety car came out.

Not sure where your getting hundreds of people it's working perfectly from. It differs for some people. The frequency of when it should deploy itself is totally screwed up.for career and online it's been this way since they re-interduce it back on F1 2016. I fear what scottishwildcat says about rebuilding and rewriting a new engine for the new consoles might actually solve the problem. To wait five years for a fix if that's the case is beyond ridiculous to be honest

Edited by Chromatic

On 11/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, FTBuzzard said:

If thousands of trains run late every day or are canceled there will certainly also be 100s that DO turn up and ARE on time. 

:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

If thousands of trains run late every day or are canceled there will certainly also be 100s that DO turn uÔĽŅp and ARE on time.¬†

:classic_biggrin:

I'm aware of that, but how can codemasters fix something that works for some and not for others?
What if the safety car works for codemasters and they can't understand it?

35 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I'm aware of that, but how can codemasters fix something that works for some and not for others?
What if the safety car works for codemasters and they can't understand it?

Because they have to code in front of them that tells them what conditions are needed to bring the SC out and also what stops it coming out. They wrote it! Then when people make complaints they can check them against the code and see if it's working as intended or something else is at fault. Then like most devs they actually get someone to test the game for thousands of hours instead of 10 mins.... 

• Agree 2

I refer to this page: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-game-info-patches-supported-wheels-controllers.124761/

"""2016 was still communication ... quote: The frequency of safety car releases has been updated so that SC is used more frequently.
Updated frequency of safety car severity ratings - more likely to be released in severe accidents."""   2016 wude much repaired .... now "NOT" anymore

Edited by MicMiller