Sign in to follow this  

Is the game gonna get fixed finally?

So now Lando Norris (Thank you, my man) has spoken publicly about the bad state the game is in, is it finally gonna get fixed?

I'm not even talking about the total lack of FFB. here. Nor about the weird (understeery) handling, and the fact that tires seem to get hotter as they deteriorate. 
Those are all design choices, allbeit weird ones. 

I'm mainly talking about the crashes that make starting a league race really hard. The desyncs too. it's abysmal. sometimes 2 people are desynced with eathother. Sometimes 1 person is desynced with everyone and starts driving away on the grid with everyone waiting. And after waiting 25 minutes to start because it is THAT hard to have 20 people not crash for the duration of the lobby timer, to have to do it all again because someone in the lobby turned out to be desynced. I don't know why you got the license extended because at this point this game is the laughing stock of esports. 

There's countless other issues with the game. the driving in general. pitcrews fitting whatever the hell tires they want. and not repairing your broken wing to boot. (yes should be always replace even if 100% green. auto should be replace if 1% damaged. no should be never replace) spectators not having the penalties on screen at a glance. cars falling through the road. inconsistent safety cars. (make it a choice then. but we have to have the option to have someone retires on track = safety car... very close to a crane/exit = vsc.. it's not rocket science) inconsistent ghosting. 

But the sad part is. at it's core it's still a fun game. Those things get fixed? it's a great game. 
But the stability/connection issues are really really bad and are killing the competitive scene right now. Make it really hard to commentate/stream races, and make this potentially great game "litteraly unplayable"

The fact that these issues have been with us since launch (crashes. screenfreezes) and since last game but grown worse (desyncs) 
And you have not aknowledged them, nor did anything about it to save the online scene from dying is beyond my comprehension. 

If you want this esports thing to happen you're gonna need people who actually play the game (and the esport guys themselves to be able to race without lobby issues)
it is of PARAMOUNT importance that this gets fixed asap and every day you go about doing nothing about it you are giving yourselves a very bad and ignorant reputation, in addition to killing a game you appear to want to remain a thing for the forseeable future.

Also fix league mode. make us able to use reserves. we can't use it as is. 

Or is this really a, "we got the license.. money's in the pocket.. let's just deliver sub-mediocre stuff and cash in <3" kinda situation? 

I really hope it isn't codemasters.  Please prove it to us by fixing your broken game. 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Or when following in the slip stream of an opponent he still pulls away from you but when you pass and he has your slip stream you pull away from him.  Rain pace, especially race starts,  is impossible to keep up.  AI upgrade progression is so much faster even if I win every race. The AI will come up behind you, pit maneuver you into the wall and not get a penalty or damage to their car. Etc etc etc. This game is fun but needs a lot of work.

• Like 1

The start of our 100% race last Sunday was unbelievably bad. Ghosts and false starts everywhere with drive through penalties to follow.

What erks me most of all is the insanely dumb decision to not have an option to force cockpit camera. Dirt Rally understands this fundamental function, but not this crew.  They couldn't give two ****s about the sim crowd. But by God, we have new purchasable skins. 

Lando is right. Raikkonen was right. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Bicarda said:

So now Lando Norris (Thank you, my man) has spoken publicly about the bad state the game is in, is it finally gonna get fixed?

I'm not even talking about the total lack of FFB. here. Nor about the weird (understeery) handling, and the fact that tires seem to get hotter as they deteriorate. 
Those are all design choices, allbeit weird ones. 

I'm mainly talking about the crashes that make starting a league race really hard. The desyncs too. it's abysmal. sometimes 2 people are desynced with eathother. Sometimes 1 person is desynced with everyone and starts driving away on the grid with everyone waiting. And after waiting 25 minutes to start because it is THAT hard to have 20 people not crash for the duration of the lobby timer, to have to do it all again because someone in the lobby turned out to be desynced. I don't know why you got the license extended because at this point this game is the laughing stock of esports. 

There's countless other issues with the game. the driving in general. pitcrews fitting whatever the hell tires they want. and not repairing your broken wing to boot. (yes should be always replace even if 100% green. auto should be replace if 1% damaged. no should be never replace) spectators not having the penalties on screen at a glance. cars falling through the road. inconsistent safety cars. (make it a choice then. but we have to have the option to have someone retires on track = safety car... very close to a crane/exit = vsc.. it's not rocket science) inconsistent ghosting. 

But the sad part is. at it's core it's still a fun game. Those things get fixed? it's a great game. 
But the stability/connection issues are really really bad and are killing the competitive scene right now. Make it really hard to commentate/stream races, and make this potentially great game "litteraly unplayable"

The fact that these issues have been with us since launch (crashes. screenfreezes) and since last game but grown worse (desyncs) 
And you have not aknowledged them, nor did anything about it to save the online scene from dying is beyond my comprehension. 

If you want this esports thing to happen you're gonna need people who actually play the game (and the esport guys 
Or is this really a, "we got the license.. money's in the pocket.. let's just deliver sub-mediocre stuff and cash in <3" kinda situation? 

That's exactly what it is. Core problems have been brought up and ignored from the start.  What we get are purchasable skins.

• Agree 2

And they dont give to ***** about the game being accurate to real life, i really do not understand how it can be so hard to update the car performance on every team and also update the cars appearance and livery updates. They need to make the cars faster and make the cars look like they do in real life not Australia spec. The helmets are way to boring aswell. Also why do they never update the bloody tracks. They have been the same since 2016 or 2017.

Sorry if my english is bad.

Edited by forzan96
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, forzan96 said:

And they dont give to ***** about the game being accurate to real life, i really do not understand how it can be so hard to update the car performance on every team and also update the cars appearance and livery updates. They need to make the cars faster and make the cars look like they do in real life not Australia spec. The helmets are way to boring aswell. Also why do they never update the bloody tracks. They have been the same since 2016 or 2017.

Sorry if my english is bad.

Screenshots look great though. That's probably all FOM and Liberty see. Can't imagine them taking time out from cashing checks at the bank to actually playing the game! 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1