Static or wind noise when accelerating

What the hell is that noise when accelerating?? its like someone blowing in to the microphone. its very annoying, and shouldn't be there. is this a bug???

10 minutes ago, Rdalcroft said:
What the hell is that noise when accelerating?? its like someone blowing in to the microphone. its very annoying, and shouldn't be there. is this a bug???

Do you have a recording you could share here so we know what you mean? There should Def be a lot of noise on straights and when using DRS but not accelerating from slow speeds as engine noise should drown it out. 

• Agree 1

I can try to record.  But the DRS sound is totally different than this.  This sounds like wind in a microphone.  Like someone is blowing in to it.  doisnt happen on the replay though when you watch it back im sure.

ill try to do a recording hopefully it captures it..

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Do you have a recording you could share here so we know what you mean? There should Def be a lot of noise on straights and when using DRS but not accelerating from slow speeds as engine noise should drown it out. 

https://youtu.be/g_F6ysD1VdQ

at 43 seconds you can hear it..  give it time to upload though

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rdalcroft said:
its very annoying, and shouldn't be there. is this a bug???

FYI, the 2003 Williams, 2004 Ferrari, 2006 Renault and 2007 Ferrari have a inbuild TC, and that system creates this "annoying" sound effect.

It is not a bug, but the sound effect of the TC could be much better, sadly the audio team of Codemasters have gone silent.

Here you can quite easily hear the TC sound effect whenever Schumi went off throttle or on throttle at lower rpm, mainly at slow or medium speed corners.

TC was banned from the 2008 season onwards and still has not found its way back into F1, because they wanted to promote driver skill and control.

1 hour ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Here you can quite easily hear the TC sound effect whenever Schumi went off throttle or on throttle at lower rpm, mainly at slow or medium speed corners.

TC was banned from the 2008 season onwards and still has not found its way back into F1, because they wanted to promote driver skill and control.

I hear it, and now it sounds pretty close to the game.  so I think it shouldn't annoy me as much now I know what its is..  Thanks for the lesson..  lol

Edited by Rdalcroft
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

FYI, the 2003 Williams, 2004 Ferrari, 2006 Renault and 2007 Ferrari have a inbuild TC, and that system creates this "annoying" sound effect.

It is not a bug, but the sound effect of the TC could be much better, sadly the audio team of Codemasters have gone silent.

Actually.... Ok I'm rather stunned they put in the sound of TC at all. Will admit I didn't know that noise was TC before (never heard in game play as don't use it) i thought it was just wind buffeting the helmet which as a motorcyclist I DO hear in real life turning my helmeted head over 50 mph. 

Always cool to learn something new!

• Like 1