Sign in to follow this  

Something I'd like for DLCs

Hi!

As Grid 2 was a real mess with DLCs online, here's what I'd like to see and I hope you've done for Autosport.
There should be compatibility updates for cars, so that everybody can see them online. Don't make updates without this, nobody will download the free cars on consoles. And that makes 3 cars for 6€, that's a bit much.

For tracks, there should be a DLC playlist (in addition to the regular playlists), which only chooses lobbies with players who have the exact same DLCs as you. If there's enough players and the game isn't region-restricted on Steam, it would work well.

By the way, I think there should be a way to buy half packs. For example, if a pack adds a track and two cars, you should be able to buy only the cars or only the track. It would be way better. And of course, there has to be free compatibility updates for those too.

Could be wrong, but reading between the lines, I get the impression there just won’t be any DLC this time—they’re giving us all they’ve got up front. Which is good for us and makes sense for them, I’m sure they’d much rather be moving on to next-gen just as soon as they can get this out the door.

Could be wrong, but reading between the lines, I get the impression there just won’t be any DLC this time—they’re giving us all they’ve got up front. Which is good for us and makes sense for them, I’m sure they’d much rather be moving on to next-gen just as soon as they can get this out the door.
I think you're spot on actually it sounds like CM atr throwing everything they've got into this game because they want to send the PS3/360 gen off on a high as it's the last game they plan on doing for this gen before focusing their efforts on delivering a good product (we hope) on the next gen. I didn't get any of the DLC for G2 so can't comment on it as I only play single player and I don't think there were really any single player add ons at least none that interested me. I just hope that the single player experience is as extensive as it sounds as I found Grid 2's quite short

I just hope that the single player experience is as extensive as it sounds as I found Grid 2's quite short
Not sure where I heard/read it, but I vaguely remember "50 hours" was bandied around somewhere at some point, in terms of completing everything career mode had to offer.

I just hope that the single player experience is as extensive as it sounds as I found Grid 2's quite short
Not sure where I heard/read it, but I vaguely remember "50 hours" was bandied around somewhere at some point, in terms of completing everything career mode had to offer.
Yeah I think I read something similar