GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

Hey all,

Alongside the usual tracking of your feedback regarding in-game content, I'm also keen to see what you'd like added to GRID! 

Whether it's modes, features, a new option in the menus, or a car/circuit, feel free to drop your suggestions into here, which I'll then collate and regularly run by the GRID team. 

Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions, but stuff like this really helps us know where to focus our efforts for future GRID content. 

Thank you 🙂

• Like 3

A feature to customize the race length of career mode races! We dont even need to get more rewards, we just want to race a bit longer 🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 14

"Manual H pattern + clutch or sequential" please. It's such a brilliant setting I don't see why you wouldn't have it in all CM titles. Having to change transmission settings and restart races all the time is a pain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 10/8/2019 at 8:21 AM, UP100 said:

A feature to customize the race length of career mode races! We don't even need to get more rewards, we just want to race a bit longer 🙂

Drat! I was beaten AGAIN! First on the Havana thread, second here. Well, I need to increase my pace

• Allow us to change our sponsors, even if only some are available for some liveries (Like No Fear for Motorsport, or ADVAN for JDM)
  • Bringing back drifting for FREE with free cars dedicated to the mode would bring back a majority of the community.
Edited by CordedQuill42
Not specified
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

The Multiplayer menu needs to be modified for players to be able to see the list of created "Private" lobbies ontop of "Quick Match", which is a random playlist.

• Like 1
  • Agree 12

Add seat adjustability in cockpit view, please! FOV setting is great, now if we could just get a little closer to the dash...

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

Multiplayer needs a serious re-design. Would much prefer quick lobbies of chosen car class and private lobbies. A similar format to GAS would be great personally. And what is with the AI in multilayer? Options not to have lobbies by class, and AI in online make me wonder just how little faith codies had in this game to have any sort of decent player base, but I can't help but think it's going to die out unless these issues are fixed. I remember GAS, the NWR guys, the crazy Scottish bloke, Flukey and his Mrs, team rivalries that made we want to get on everyday on put points on the board. Good old days! 

• Agree 10

1 hour ago, RagingBeard said:

"Manual H pattern + clutch or sequential" please. It's such a brilliant setting I don't see why you wouldn't have it in all CM titles. Having to change transmission settings and restart races all the time is a pain.

It's already possible to use a H-Shift pattern with cluch in the game, i used it and i don't need to restart the game for it to work.

Posted (edited)

1. Add real reflections

2. Add eye adaptation

3. Increase LOD

4. Make proper contrast

At least for PC.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

-Increase Damage to previous Grid levels. Atm Grid AS on ios and switch has more deformation and parts losing ability than Grid 2019. You can’t even lose doors, wheels, sidemirrors, wings etc now. Even the lights keep functioning after a 100 mph crash!

-Increases or give a slider for camera shake. Makes for a more visceral experience when you land jumps or make contact. 

-Options to disable auto reset when rollovers happen. Resetting rollovers is tragic for a Grid game which is known for it’s amazing crashes!

-Option to disable disqualifications for wrong way. This only matters if the damage is increased though, since in older titles it was fun to crash head on into oncoming traffic. I remember in a Grid 2 showcase event, the developers themselves crashed into opposing car’s going the wrong way to show off damage. Oh how times have changed. 

• Agree 5

Community events with leaderboards please, similar to GAS (but not with very low level AI getting in the way)

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Let's call this a beta version and move from there :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

I'd like to see a roadbook outlining Codemasters intentions regarding taking the game forward. Not just the usual 'xx DLC on yy day' but a greater degree of transparancy as to what they're actively looking into to improve upon gameplay and features

• Agree 12

Transision from Day to night during races car controle issues afther a crash driftig demo derby maby some pakour time atack races car performance upgrades this is my  Grid wishlist maby gokarts races could be fun

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

From a simracer perspective 

- Bigger / better FOV control.  Right now the dash view is too close and the driver cam is too far away ( even at it's smallest fov)

- Seat adjustments like in Dirt Rally 2 / F1 2019  (forward backwards / Up and Down)

- Better rear view mirrow ( to high and flat )

- Abilility to move the HUD,  The timing display is dead center in your view, which is quite annoying

- Ability to adjust the length of the races in the career mode.  At very hard the AI has a too big of a headstart to overtake, eventhough i'm much faster.  I run out of laps before i can catch the leader. 

• Agree 9

Posted (edited)

Please add the new Anti-aliasing as it is in F1 2019 sharpening TAA and FidelityFX the hunger game is much nicer with FidelityFX than with TAA itself

Edited by 44LHTEAMPL
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

One single thing! Add custom  public lobbies and lobbies list and I can live with whatever comes in the way after... 🤐:classic_cool:

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Like 1
  • Agree 12

Posted (edited)

I have a few suggestions, mostly minor:

I would like to see some more explanations on the options, for example:

• At the very start of the game you are asked to set brightness, I know how it works from other games (other people may not), but I was a bit confused what the two (and one invisible) GRID logos meant at first (a small hint would be enough, such as "adjust brightness until black logo is slightly visible" etc.)
  • Clutch override in Gameplay settings (no idea what this means); the tuning menu before a race has explanations, something like that would be nice to see it some other places

Minor bugs:

• You have to hold the <whatever> button to buy a car, I was confused first and hit the button a few times until I noticed the circle going around. I think the word "(hold)" is missing in the text here, it does say "(hold)" when selling though (I also don't see this mechanic used anywhere else, maybe replace it with a confirmation window like in older GRIDs)
  • Global HIghscores don't load properly when I finish in top 100, it's stuck at place 100, sometimes shows my places and the rest starting at 100

Various improvement suggestions:

• Free Play:
    • Remember choices after race ends, in case I want to tweak my event or play the same again
    • Maybe show a list of available cars right there in the first selection menu, I had to search a bit for the Volvo..
    • Event name is purely cosmetical, wasn't obvious, I thought I was somehow starting a customized career event
  • Free Play, car selection and other menus:
    • You should be able to move around to the beginning of the selection after reaching the end (have to scroll aaaaaall the way back otherwise)
    • In many places I find that a drop down would be preferrable to an (what feels like) endless scrolling list (race track location, car class...)
  • Some kind of multiplayer pre-setup when joining for the first time: Adjust communication settings (enable/disable voice), make push to talk the DEFAULT
  • Let me skip the intro video, maybe even the intro races...

I'm playing on PC/Steam, Win10, Xbox 360 gamepad

Going back and forth between GRID2 and GRID 2019, the biggest thing however would be the car physics and handling. It requires learning all over again, it's more sim than arcade, feels totally unlike GRID 1 and 2, not sure if chaning this is an option. I played for 3 hours and ofc it doesn't feel natural to me yet. Maybe something like "classic mode"/"arcade mode" would be possible? You know, throwing cars into corners without worrying too much, in new GRID I feel like even touching the handbrake will throw me out of the race completely.

Edited by imbbs

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, imbbs said:
  • Let me skip the intro video, maybe even the intro races...

Go to GRID\ui_package\videos\ and rename these files to .bak:

cm_logo.video.erp
ftue_intro_cinematic.video.erp
intro_01.video.erp
cm_logo\cm_logo.bk2

rename all the other "intro" videos there if you like.

Edited by jesped
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

In Free Play:

- Able to save up to 3 events (similar to how Project Cars 2 did it) so you can quickly run your favorite ones, without having to remember all the settings each time.

- Able to set time of day to <random> instead of having to always choose a specific time of day.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, dakar2008 said:

It's already possible to use a H-Shift pattern with cluch in the game, i used it and i don't need to restart the game for it to work.

But some cars are sequential, and like in Dirt Rally we shouldn't need to change transmission in settings to suit the car, it should be automatic.

• Agree 1

Is there any way to add seat adjustment like Dirt Rally? Cockpit is too far back, and dash is too far forward. Even with FOV scaled all the way back the cockpit view isn’t ideal for me. Basically want to be able to make it look like my steering wheel is the actual steering wheel in the car like in Dirt Rally 2

• Agree 2