GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

30 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

We really need feedback from Codemasters, Some kind of roadmap on what they are willing to work on or what they have ruled out.  Everyone is just frustrated to hell atm and knowing what wont happen might help manage expectations.

Its simple they had a plan, get as much money from everyone as possible with broken code, use the GRID name and delay your expectations with this forum as a way to disguise their agenda.... Codemasters they are not, but Conmasters is their true form..... you just spat on all your community! Enjoy that $90 because that is the final transaction this century! Adios :classic_wink:

• Disagree 1

21 hours ago, samuraiassassin said:

Question: Why don't we have this track - SPA Francorchamps - on Grid 2019?

Pick one or more of these of these, applies to pretty much any racing game that doesn't have a real-life location you may like:

1. It wasn't part of the original list during the concept and development phase.
  2. The circuit wasn't available to license.
  3. The license for the circuit was outside of a game's desired budget.
  4. The development costs for the circuit were above what a studio would like to budget for.
  5. The circuit may already be on the way, but is not complete or ready to be announced.

Please note that I'm not making a comment here regarding GRID*, just dropping the knowledge of somebody who has seen similar things in many racing games over the past 20 years. 🙂 

*It's not my place to discuss anything about future plans for the title, and in most cases, I don't even know of said plans since it's not the game I directly work with.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Pick one or more of these of these, applies to pretty much any racing game that doesn't have a real-life location you may like:

1. It wasn't part of the original list during the concept and development phase.
  2. The circuit wasn't available to license.
  3. The license for the circuit was outside of a game's desired budget.
  4. The development costs for the circuit were above what a studio would like to budget for.
  5. The circuit may already be on the way, but is not complete or ready to be announced.

Please note that I'm not making a comment here regarding GRID*, just dropping the knowledge of somebody who has seen similar things in many racing games over the past 20 years. 🙂 

*It's not my place to discuss anything about future plans for the title, and in most cases, I don't even know of said plans since it's not the game I directly work with.

I have over 1800 hours of gameplay on Killing Floor 2, most of these hours were played on online custom maps, on mod maps. There are maps of Zelda, Mario, CS, RE4, Unreal tournament and others. But codemasters is too conservative for that. Even if they add more tracks, how many? 2? 3? 4? I am very disappointed.

tempo kf2.jpg

Edited by samuraiassassin
  • Disagree 2

Codies please can you confirm if AI is going to be removed from multiplayer or not? 

And...... 

Will there be options for custom public lobbies in the future? 

Sorry for double post but this belongs here

1. optional weather settings in ALL modes.  I don't recall ever going to track and saying geez I'm so tired of all this good weather and really wish it would rain.   So I don't get this fascination with bad weather in games.   Fine if people want it but it should be optional.
  2. Custom offline championship mode.   Have no desire to play all the different disciplines, collect badges, levels, etc....    I just want to race/drive and put in laps and it would be nice to be simply create a fully customized offline championship (with full qualifying options).  Don't understand why companies are so against this simple request/option.
  3. Better AI. The main reason I don't play online is because of stupid idiot racers.   So why would you think I'd be interested racing the same offline.   Good challenging smart fair AI never gets old.   Dumb cheap AI gets old VERY quickly
  4. More tracks.  My preference is for real world tracks but well designed original tracks are fine.   Key word WELL DESIGNED.   Single line tracks aren't fun to watch in real life and aren't fun to play.
  5. More team options and/or custom options.   Understand licensing issues but you could do a lot with what you already have.  Maybe people like it but I have no interesting in NASCAR type racing in a Grid game and would have preferred that effort spent focusing on more GT related content.   Look at something like Project Cars were you have a bunch of teams for each brand

Over all just very disappointed with Grid especially having waited for so long and honestly in it's current state Grid has just made me dust off the original Grid and Autosport and play them.   They are easily more enjoyable games

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, Ronin05 said:

Custom offline championship mode.   Have no desire to play all the different disciplines, collect badges, levels, etc....    I just want to race/drive and put in laps and it would be nice to be simply create a fully customized offline championship (with full qualifying options).  Don't understand why companies are so against this simple request/option.

Isn't the current Freeplay system already able to do this?

Pick a Class, pick up to 5 races, set them up with as many laps/AI as you like etc.?

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Pick a Class, pick up to 5 races, set them up with as many laps/AI as you like etc.?

Exactly. And this is what I like in recent Codemasters' racing games. I don't understand some people here.

some things/questions about quick match:

when will the track /car combinations change? its getting really boring to drive the same events again and again.

why is the AI still making laptimes under 10 seconds?

why does the system give me a rented car when i own all cars in class ? 

when i choose a car , i must do that up to 3 times to get MY car  , with my paint  , that really stupid.

would be nice to get an answer to that questions  :)

At this point in the game, it's pretty obvious not many people are playing online.  The online racing needs to be rebooted so that the players that are left can actually have fun racing other people and hopefully word of mouth can get out and start getting other players back.  Everyone I've raced with in private lobbies loves how much fun the racing, but few people get to experience this.  Unless you are in a private league or have a lot of friends, you won't get to experience it.

1.  AI in quickplayer needs to go.  It could be improved, but why?  The AI ruins races and gets in the way of player racing.  The AI rubber bands and is super aggressive in a way it isn't in single player.  It slows up in front of you and crashes into you when behind.

2.  Improve player matching to get more players into a lobby together.  Whatever the solution, we need as many people as are currently online in the lobby put into the same lobby.  If there only 10 people online, they should all be in the same lobby instead of separate ones.

2a.  Limit quickmatch to one race.  This way players can be added immediately to a lobby in progress only needing to wait until the current race ends and there will be more lobbies between races to get put into.  The 3 race series are fun, but last too long for matching.  You wouldn't want to enter a random series in the middle as a player unless you are joining friends which can be done right now.  Limiting it to one race would simply get more players into a lobby together.  Even lobbies of 5-8 players can be a lot of fun, which is a massive improvement from a lobby of 2-3 players with 13-14 AI.

2b.  Give players in a lobby with only two or three people the option to wait for more players.  Really frustrating to get into a lobby with one other person and have a 3 race series start right away.  At least with an option to delay, you can try and get more in before starting.

3.  Add a league lobby.  This can be the lobby with series of 3-5 races.  Have it set to one advertised class with tracks listed.  Have it start only at set times, like say every half hour.  That way people know when to join.  Have some sort of ranking system, even if it's just current Global times to set separate splits if more than one lobby is starts, while splitting players to try and keep the lobbies even.  

4.  Global Leaderboards between systems.  I made a racenet account, so it doesn't even have to be in game.  Actually use that racenet account you had me make to composite all the systems leaderboards, between PC, XBox, PS4.  

5.  Optimize graphics for Base XBox One and PS4 systems.  Seriously the graphics on the base systems are shockingly bad.  If I didn't enjoy the actual racing (at least against other players) so much and have never been particularly tied to graphics, I'd be gone.  But even for me, I cannot race without the racing line on corners, because of how grainy the graphics are.  It's too hard to spot apexs in the distance because of the blurriness.  Marker boards don't stand out as much because they wash out into the background.  This actually affects gameplay.  And I would not be shocked to find out more than 50-70% of buyers are still on the base systems like me.  How many people were lost simply to this one thing.  It is seriously bad, and when I compare my graphics to videos of players using the PC or an Xbox One X, I get a bit deflated about how bad mine are.  It's not even just previous console bad, but worse.  It doesn't even run at 60 fps for the loss, which is even more disheartening.

• Agree 4

To sum up..please get to work on the online side of the game,its simply not fun as it is, in your own words pre release "we just want players to have fun".The missing elements from multiplayer are holding this otherwise great racer back big time.

• Agree 1

A teammate upgrade. Able to hire people from other teams, (I liked that from the first grid hiring drivers based on how they do against you) also the ability to hire 3 teammates, you can have one teammate race with you and the other two race in a different series on your team for money

This has been asked innumerable times but is there any plan to fix custom games I.E make them public? As well are there plans to make skirmish a selection and playable in the custom games? Sometimes it's great fun to go out and smash any and everything in sight. The only reason I haven't thrown the game in the bin is that these and other suggestions hopefully will eventually be included. And apology's for mentioning this again but going right back to the start of the thread is a long process. One final suggestion, create an information only thread, pin it at the start and list the changes being considered, actively being pursued and progress. 

They need to be honest with players who spent so much money on this game.
At this state, we can do this, this and this..... and we cant do this, this and this....

All they answer is , ill pass info to the team and we will see.

NO

Make a pinned thread with info what you can do to save the game and what is team working on for now. Change things and add new info every day so people can begin to trust you once again.
For now, all you do is to attract hate more and more and loose player base!!

• Agree 1

On 11/9/2019 at 1:52 AM, Ronin05 said:

Sorry for double post but this belongs here

1. optional weather settings in ALL modes.  I don't recall ever going to track and saying geez I'm so tired of all this good weather and really wish it would rain.   So I don't get this fascination with bad weather in games.   Fine if people want it but it should be optional.
  2. Custom offline championship mode.   Have no desire to play all the different disciplines, collect badges, levels, etc....    I just want to race/drive and put in laps and it would be nice to be simply create a fully customized offline championship (with full qualifying options).  Don't understand why companies are so against this simple request/option.
  3. Better AI. The main reason I don't play online is because of stupid idiot racers.   So why would you think I'd be interested racing the same offline.   Good challenging smart fair AI never gets old.   Dumb cheap AI gets old VERY quickly
  4. More tracks.  My preference is for real world tracks but well designed original tracks are fine.   Key word WELL DESIGNED.   Single line tracks aren't fun to watch in real life and aren't fun to play.
  5. More team options and/or custom options.   Understand licensing issues but you could do a lot with what you already have.  Maybe people like it but I have no interesting in NASCAR type racing in a Grid game and would have preferred that effort spent focusing on more GT related content.   Look at something like Project Cars were you have a bunch of teams for each brand

Over all just very disappointed with Grid especially having waited for so long and honestly in it's current state Grid has just made me dust off the original Grid and Autosport and play them.   They are easily more enjoyable games

When I say that this game should have a lot more tracks there are people who get angry. But who really got angry was me who spent my money on this ****, gambling junk. Look at my Grid 2 hours, level 99 in online races, since this 2019 grid even uninstalled from my PC. TRASH game!!!

tempo grid 2.png

• Disagree 1

On 11/9/2019 at 6:17 AM, PJTierney said:

to me, 5 races isn't a season, at least not one worth putting any time into.   My point is that why not accept people game for different reasons.   I personally don't care for trophies, badges, leveling up, etc.... but if people like that stuff fine great enjoy.   But don't understand why devs seem content in trying to force people do something.   If it's a good idea that people are interested in you don't have to force them.  

Edited by Ronin05

On 11/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Exactly. And this is what I like in recent Codemasters' racing games. I don't understand some people here.

well I could say the same regards to people and this love affair of paying for DLC events.   If racing games had the old school custom championship mode you wouldn't have to pay for events.   You could just create them.  for free.    yeah I just don't understand some people here either

sarcasm aside, why try to force something when you could just simply provide options for players to enjoy the game with their preference.

16 hours ago, Kaylos29 said:

At this point in the game, it's pretty obvious not many people are playing online.  The online racing needs to be rebooted so that the players that are left can actually have fun racing other people and hopefully word of mouth can get out and start getting other players back.  Everyone I've raced with in private lobbies loves how much fun the racing, but few people get to experience this.  Unless you are in a private league or have a lot of friends, you won't get to experience it.

1.  AI in quickplayer needs to go.  It could be improved, but why?  The AI ruins races and gets in the way of player racing.  The AI rubber bands and is super aggressive in a way it isn't in single player.  It slows up in front of you and crashes into you when behind.

2.  Improve player matching to get more players into a lobby together.  Whatever the solution, we need as many people as are currently online in the lobby put into the same lobby.  If there only 10 people online, they should all be in the same lobby instead of separate ones.

2a.  Limit quickmatch to one race.  This way players can be added immediately to a lobby in progress only needing to wait until the current race ends and there will be more lobbies between races to get put into.  The 3 race series are fun, but last too long for matching.  You wouldn't want to enter a random series in the middle as a player unless you are joining friends which can be done right now.  Limiting it to one race would simply get more players into a lobby together.  Even lobbies of 5-8 players can be a lot of fun, which is a massive improvement from a lobby of 2-3 players with 13-14 AI.

2b.  Give players in a lobby with only two or three people the option to wait for more players.  Really frustrating to get into a lobby with one other person and have a 3 race series start right away.  At least with an option to delay, you can try and get more in before starting.

3.  Add a league lobby.  This can be the lobby with series of 3-5 races.  Have it set to one advertised class with tracks listed.  Have it start only at set times, like say every half hour.  That way people know when to join.  Have some sort of ranking system, even if it's just current Global times to set separate splits if more than one lobby is starts, while splitting players to try and keep the lobbies even.  

4.  Global Leaderboards between systems.  I made a racenet account, so it doesn't even have to be in game.  Actually use that racenet account you had me make to composite all the systems leaderboards, between PC, XBox, PS4.  

5.  Optimize graphics for Base XBox One and PS4 systems.  Seriously the graphics on the base systems are shockingly bad.  If I didn't enjoy the actual racing (at least against other players) so much and have never been particularly tied to graphics, I'd be gone.  But even for me, I cannot race without the racing line on corners, because of how grainy the graphics are.  It's too hard to spot apexs in the distance because of the blurriness.  Marker boards don't stand out as much because they wash out into the background.  This actually affects gameplay.  And I would not be shocked to find out more than 50-70% of buyers are still on the base systems like me.  How many people were lost simply to this one thing.  It is seriously bad, and when I compare my graphics to videos of players using the PC or an Xbox One X, I get a bit deflated about how bad mine are.  It's not even just previous console bad, but worse.  It doesn't even run at 60 fps for the loss, which is even more disheartening.

If only Codies took it into account... 😒

5 hours ago, samuraiassassin said:

When I say that this game should have a lot more tracks there are people who get angry. But who really got angry was me who spent my money on this ****, gambling junk. Look at my Grid 2 hours, level 99 in online races, since this 2019 grid even uninstalled from my PC. TRASH game!!!

tempo grid 2.png

Maybe I also played 'GRID 2' the most of all 4 GRID games but I don't understand how could you spend sooo many hours playing this arcade ****. 😲 

I´d like to change the number of laps, this a very important feature as I can think by now.

Edited by LottaLava

Chris, I hope you are still compiling the documentation for the community feedback. If not i just hope these points help the game. For context i am refering to grid 2019 on xbox one x.

A few points the team may wish to address/add:

1. Rolling timed multiplayer lobbies. I.e. a visible 5 minute registration for a multiplayer hopper.  These hoppers could cycle through modes, classes and whether ai players are included. (Drive club had a system similar which worked really well)

2. Time trial mode with in lap loading of nearby ghosts. This would allow community competition outside of the direct races. Quick loading next fastest ghost (within car class) will also allow player improvement and keep load times down which will help player engagement.

3. A graphics bump (not necessarily resolution) for the 1x. An option to drop to 30 fps to release resources for improved graphics could deal with the underwhelming look on 1x. The 30 fps if implemented well may give the racing a more visceral feel too and therefore add to the excitement.

I hope these points are useful i am keen to see the game succeed as the racing is some of the best this gen. To do that though the multiplayer needs adressing quickly as it can only be shedding the player base through disinterest at the moment.

To me these seem minor tweeks to what has the potential to be a great game, however i am sure in practice they would require a lot of work for the team. Regardless of whether these points make the cut i wish you all the very best and hope you get grid to where you want it to be.

Edited by LtBoulton
  • Agree 1