F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

I couldn´t find anyway to change the seat height and I had set my FOV to 85 and its still too far from car´s panel!

I tried the Free Practice, its not a real free practice, we should choose a track and spend as many laps as we desire to test and learn the track.

You can select the number of laps on the track selection screen under free play. The default is usually 3 but you can set it to a maximum of 99 laps if desired.

I know this has been mentioned before but the FOV setting needs a wider (lower number) adjustment range. I use a wheel and a full rig, I sit 60cm away from a 49" 32:9 monitor and the vertical FOV should be around 31 degrees. For the minimum 55 FOV to be accurate I would have to sit 32cm away from my screen or use a 90" projector! At higher FOV values the situation is worse. For proper immersion, sense of speed and braking accuracy, this is very important to set up correctly.

I can't believe this is not an issue for almost everyone that uses cockpit view, maybe everyone uses huge screens, I don't know.

Please don't ask me to use dashcam view as the FOV is off (and unchangeable) in that view too.

Lastly, can we have some way to move the seat up, down, backwards and forwards so we can align the real steering wheel to the in-game one as well as having an accurate view out of the window?

Thanks for listening.

• Agree 2

It would be great if we could have more Xbox achievements and PSN trophies added. How about adding longevity achievements like 90G first getting to driver level 200 or 50G for driving so many races on a particular track. Its achievements like these I for one would aim to get, thus spending longer on the game and enjoying it even more. 

Would be great if we can have multiplayer achievements added as well. This is the first Grid game where there's been no multiplayer achievements.

Edited by st3998

42 minutes ago, st3998 said:

How about adding longevity achievements

Driving almost 25,000 miles isn't long enough for you?

• Haha 1

which multiplayer achievement do you want ? "Play the same quickmatch 2500 times" ?????  Nothing more is possible

8 hours ago, DaveT1969 said:

I know this has been mentioned before but the FOV setting needs a wider (lower number) adjustment range. I use a wheel and a full rig, I sit 60cm away from a 49" 32:9 monitor and the vertical FOV should be around 31 degrees. For the minimum 55 FOV to be accurate I would have to sit 32cm away from my screen or use a 90" projector! At higher FOV values the situation is worse. For proper immersion, sense of speed and braking accuracy, this is very important to set up correctly.

I can't believe this is not an issue for almost everyone that uses cockpit view, maybe everyone uses huge screens, I don't know.

Please don't ask me to use dashcam view as the FOV is off (and unchangeable) in that view too.

Lastly, can we have some way to move the seat up, down, backwards and forwards so we can align the real steering wheel to the in-game one as well as having an accurate view out of the window?

Thanks for listening.

I have the same issue.  I'd love to use cockpit, but even at 55 with a 55" TV, its too far away.  

F1 has a ton of FoV options with the same engine.  Why they didn't add those, I don't understand.  Obviously of you are using cockpit, you take it a bit more seriously and well appreciate the options.

• Like 2

Exactly. I use cockpit view in F1 2019 and I can adjust the view to how I want. If this game uses the same engine (as mentioned above) this should be a quick fix that will keep those that 'take it a bit more seriously' happy.

• Agree 2

It's nice to see that one of the requests I put in the Grid Autosport feedback thread five whole years ago has been acted upon (points earned each race added to the timing screen). It's just a shame that so many of the features that I enjoyed in GA didn't make it into this game. 

Can we at least have the GA multiplayer lobby system return? Also, can we please, please at least have the option to turn off the AI in multiplayer?

• Agree 2

when will we get back to local multiplayer / split screen mode in racing games?
the last one was F1 2014 and grid 2, both for ps3
I don't see anyone talking about ...
Is there any future dlc that will add this mode?
It was fun to compete with friends on the living room couch.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:19 AM, Sir.Smoke said:

Split-screen is coming later as a paid DLC, it has been said.

Nope, not correct. It comes for free.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Don't know why somebody disagreed with this. This is true, by the way.
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Nope, not correct. It comes for free.

must have missed that, remembered this article where it says different -https://gamingbolt.com/grid-interview-weather-track-online-offerings-and-more
"A post release mode that we’re happy to announce today is split screen mode coming after release for everyone. Again, you have to buy the DLC."

Edited by Sir.Smoke

Please bring back:

-Drift
-Togue
-Checkpoint races 

The campaign is tediously boring without them. 

37 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

You have to pay for split-screen, ahahahah this is the end... 😂

AGAIN, It is free. the only stuff that is not free are new cars, and new career races. The "Again, you have to buy the DLC" part was to explain how content is added into the game, with the exclusion of tracks.

• Agree 1

The funny part is they will release split screen in dlc later on instead to include it from the start.

Another proof that this game was rushed out.

And please do not quote me anymore ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

This GRID is more like GT Sport, a half assed "We`ll add it all in later" project that feels more like an early access demo. 

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

This GRID is more like GT Sport, a half assed "We`ll add it all in later" project that feels more like an early access demo. 

At least you don't have to have a PS4 to get the game. You can get it with the Xbox One or PC via Steam.

Please use the ignore tool. It works the same, only that you won't see the content of the person whom you are ignoring.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Layout Change

On 11/14/2019 at 5:48 PM, FlatOverCrest said:

You can select the number of laps on the track selection screen under free play. The default is usually 3 but you can set it to a maximum of 99 laps if desired.

Yes, but its a fake Free Practice, it should be like Project CARS 2 and ACC, you get your car and just do some laps at some track, the way is done in GRID 2019, you have to do a real race against bots.

Another problem, we can´t see the cockpit replay from bots in races to learn how they drive;

And some turns at Okutama are very dark, I can´t see in cockpit view what lies ahead, if we use the chase camera is much better.