F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

In Free Play you can change the grid size to 1 and you will be the only one racing on the track and you can do up to 99 laps if you want to. I was surprised as well with not being able to spectate other people using the cockpit view. It's the same when spectating in a multiplayer lobby. Yes, the lighting in the game needs some adjustments and hopefully it's something they are going to sort out.

@LottaLava

1 hour ago, FlatOverCrest said:

In Free Play you can change the grid size to 1 and you will be the only one racing on the track and you can do up to 99 laps if you want to. I was surprised as well with not being able to spectate other people using the cockpit view. It's the same when spectating in a multiplayer lobby. Yes, the lighting in the game needs some adjustments and hopefully it's something they are going to sort out.

@LottaLava

Ok, but if its a Free Practice, there is no need to specify the number of laps I going to do!

Another issue, I´d like to choose when to start a race by formation or standing, ´cause in Free Practice the car starts rolling.

14 hours ago, LottaLava said:

Another issue, I´d like to choose when to start a race by formation or standing, ´cause in Free Practice the car starts rolling.

In Free Play and Private Match in Multiplayer, you have the option to choose between a standing or rolling start 🙂 

On 11/19/2019 at 7:20 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

In Free Play and Private Match in Multiplayer, you have the option to choose between a standing or rolling start 🙂 

I´m sure I searched but as you can see there´s no such options anywhere in Free Practice!

image.thumb.png.fea6a179786c45baa8546d8f5b811fcc.png

image.thumb.png.f64195f6d915316e21b6ef0077468879.png

image.thumb.png.8ee0ee2e0f73ce68107c94a2e207e89c.png

image.thumb.png.adf6c28a53cefbf91a74868330721434.png

image.thumb.png.d77e83a779b4605961be6a007a164491.png

And another problem, the steering wheel is hiding the car´s panel and we can´t see the current gear, speed and rotation of the motor! Nice job indeed.

Edited by LottaLava
  • Agree 1

Ok I found it, in Free Practice, we must choose discipline = Race then we can specify how to start.

image.thumb.png.fdb03564431cf7a2a5a6c045df7a6273.png

Start Sequence choose as Standing/Rolling

image.thumb.png.1e44ec9d59a12bb9c4123cb3cb178c25.png

I think the problem is to separate Free Practice and Custom Local Event, in Free Practice I was supposed to just test the track, the car and learn how to properly tackle the track. But it forces me to create a custom race event.

During the qualifying, the Audi panel is completely black.

Edited by LottaLava

Apart from the issues caused by that first update and launch issues I do quite like what's been done. However with that said there are several things that would make the game so much better like drifting for example which was one of the main reasons I loved the old Grid games with the second being my all-time favourite. I also think more tracks are needed like the Washington park track and the coastal track, and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard as you've got the original designs somewhere, and if you could add the F3 open wheel race car that would be great as that was my favourite car to race.

Yes I could carry on all day with a list of additions we'd like to see but life's to short and I'm sure you get the idea, so please consider my suggestions and give us gamers what we waited so long for, a version of Grid made up off at least 90% of the tracks, cars and events from the old versions, and considering the cost of the game I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels a little let down.

Edited by zibberman2003
Grammar error

Just to enrich the issue with Audi RS3 LMS interior too dark, here is how the car is in real live!

image.png.bfbaa4b332a43547e73a0f0cfc7abbdd.png

Another issue, I couldn´t find a way to cycle the lights of the car or cycle the wipers!

Here are some idea's i would like to see in grid 2019 I would like to buy engeneers with like spesific stuff they can craft better then ather parts and parts from green to yellow in rarety and more visual car upgrades driftig demo derby a more polished dmg system like in the old grid custom lobbys online a bit more depth in campagne like a garage to walk around in and see staff and cars upclose and some sense of a story and more people to hire, the more people the higher the monthly cost we should also have paying sponsers ranked matches a few songs in the menu night to Day transision in a race Rain clearing in a race, time atack pakour race with elimination rounds also elimination races where afther 1 lap evry 30 secs a player loses 

Another idea @ChrisGrovesMCM

Track: Nordschleife

Game Mode : Online Free ride (no laps) , car roulette (everyone can choose what ever car they want)

Cars on the track: more the better, lets say 20+

It's not about laps and competition , but about community and fun !

I will be totally fine if they made it even as DLC 🙂

All that plus working chat in game, dream come true ... 🙂

If someone doesn't know what "car roulette" is, you can search for it on youtube, there are many videos about it, it's a GREAT fun.

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
point in the right direction
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Another idea

Track: Nordschleife

Game Mode : Free ride (no laps) , car roulette (everyone can choose what ever car they want)

Cars on the track: more the better, lets say 20+

It's not about laps and competition , but about community and fun !

I will be totally fine if they made it even as DLC 🙂

All that plus working chat in game, dream come true ... 🙂

Free play is in the game already and i dont think they should work on a chat rn bud more race content to keap us entertaint

On 11/21/2019 at 3:53 PM, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

Free play is in the game already and i dont think they should work on a chat rn bud more race content to keap us entertaint

That might be idea for next game ... I am playing that mod on assetto corsa and its great fun, plus 30+ players on track by default 🙂

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
  • Agree 1

Still can't believe it's not possible to make a online lobby where anyone could join.. That one and only thing to be always visible

Quick Match doesn't work, it only joins a session when it is in skirmish, never one that is in progress. Can only join from friends list.
Chanced on a lobby yesterday that had 10 people who I've never seen before... Matchmaking does not work properly.

Edited by Sir.Smoke
  • Agree 1

So soon we`ll have 4 cars but what about MODES? Cars wont save this bare bones  train-wreck. 

• Agree 1

Adding an "Are you sure" when restarting a race from game menu. Button B is 'back' on an XB1 controller and it's so easy to accidentally restart a race.

Driver positions displayed (on overhead display) instead of driver number. There's multiple times when some drivers have the same numbers. 

PB sector times made visible for comparison against the the displayed purple/red sector times - or completely changing for a straight +/- on your overall best lap.

Lighting (sunset+day). Any chance the 'sun in your face' lighting could be changed to look the same as when the sun is on your back? The brown sunset (when looking directly at the sun) looks a bit rubbish and the shiny daytime roads are a bit too glaring when using cockpit view in the F1000. Oddly, the lighting looks loads better when sunlight isn't interfering with it.

Handbrake: Maybe a slider to set strength.

Removal of reflections from windscreens. 

Being able to completely skip the cutscene involving the x3 cars forming a podium finish. 

Icons to display levels of car damage.

Headlights on/off. There's actually very little need to use headlights so an option to keep them off would be nice.

• Agree 2

Also:

Sticky cars. Any chance you can tweak the game so AI drivers don't weld themself to your car and drag you both to a standstill when they don't know what to do.

Procession racing. As it is each race is just a line of AI cars that rarely interact with one another (or overtake) and only seem to be on track just to take it in turns to make your life as difficult as possible as you attempt to pass them. The issue with this is that when you do the multi-event races grid orders are reversed to championship positions (lead racer starts 16th, 2nd place starts 15th...and so forth) and because they rarely overtake your nearest championship rivals will always remain towards the rear of the pack making it incredibly easy to win these multi-event championships. To make things a little more interesting It would be nice if Raheem whats-his-name and his merry men would occasionally make an effort to do something other than trying to put you in a barrier because knowing that winning the first round virtually guarantees you a championship win can make subsequent races a little tedious.

Thanks.

The game has a lot of potential and it would be a pity if this is not exploited. Had no problem for new cars or new racetracks that did not exist in the old parts to pay. The game is already fun.

Edited by ActiveTransXP

Wider range for the FOV slider. The dash came is way too close and the cockpit view is too far - even with the FOV slider down to the lowest at 55. 

Ability to adjust the HUD positions.

• Agree 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Newgun said:

Wider range for the FOV slider. The dash came is way too close and the cockpit view is too far - even with the FOV slider down to the lowest at 55. 

Ability to adjust the HUD positions.

Haven't heard any news on this in meetings but I'll ask the question this week

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, David Hurt said:

Daily, weekly and monthly challenges (time attack). More or less, the same as in Dirt games. It should be easy to implement (no new gameplay features), and will be a good reason to come and play everyday @ChrisGrovesMCM @PJTierney

No plans at this stage that I know of to bring in challenges similar to GRID. Not out of the question that it'll be included in Season content but nothing confirmed. In terms of "should be easy to implement", it's unfortunately not - there's a great deal more to it than "gameplay features". Benchmarking tests, inputting a huge amount of scenarios, menu design, menu flow, rewards balancing, etc etc 🙂

• Agree 1

Sucks that the game is such a flop. That's what the company gets when it doesnt take things seriously.

• Agree 2

After the race there is the possibility to watch the repetition. Is there the possibility that the camera shows only the vehicles as they pass? The camera automatically changes the view continuously.

Edited by ActiveTransXP