GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

I don't know if I had "bad luck" today, half of the races in online quick match (like 4 within an hour) were classic Ferrari 512 BB LM events, although on different tracks. It would be nice to have some more variety there.

Are the Paris track and the hot hatch cars in quick play yet? edit: Yes Paris is in multiplayer quick match

Edited by imbbs

Grid 2019 is not bad, it also has a lot of potential, but it lacks too much if you look at the old parts. It's also sad that there are not more people in multiplayer. It can only get better, hopefully 🙂

• Like 2

i suggest:

1 - this has a equal amount of tracks to grid auto sport (or more) !

2 - multiplayer has options like previous grid games to pick (what, where, how long).

3 - would like chat please ! ! ! & to spectate races.

simple suggestions i feel i shouldn't have to ask for to begin with.

if full filled i think grid 2019 is a better game then G.A.S.

(Optional) more then 2 racing modes like previous games.

Don't care for "fluff or filler" items like cards, dances, clothing, balloons, explosions .......etc !

i want to continue being a "repeat" customer 🥰

Edited by OugaBooga
for got "optional" items
  • Agree 2

Why do I get the impression NONE of this stuff will ever happen. Unless of course its on STADIA because CM seems to only care about that platform. 

• Agree 1

Hi everyone, first post on these forums.

I'd like to say that I've been enjoying Grid 2019 quite a bit, but having stepped in from Grid 2 and never playing Grid Autosport, I feel a severe lack of impact on the world you race in. What happened devs? Why was the decision made that no one is called out by name anymore? In interviews you guys were so happy to tell everyone that you guys made a bunch of AI all named with specific aggression stats and such, so why not have them in voice lines? To add to that, why did the nickname system have to be removed?! OMG, I felt so happy being able to choose my own nickname, and then being called out by that name made my experience just that much more immersive, but no, you're nameless now...

Also, my point of no impact goes further, smashing someone into a wall and getting them as a nemesis only for the next race to be best of friends again feels like I'm pressing a reset button on every race... The impact point also sticks for damage, please add in a legacy damage setting, and just get that absurd Grid 2 damage system where just a slight bump would make your car constantly veer right or left would make this game be more in line of what the other games before it did, that chaos, that destructive power is all gone in this game. I changed one of the call out options on my controller to be the announcement of damage to my car, but when I pinball from 1 wall to the other I still get the answer "No new damage to report".

Then lastly, get local co-op in, me and my bud have been destroying each others cars and racing untill the death in Grid 2, but that feature has to wait a while then I guess. 

What I do have to give this game credit for is its chipping damage model, seeing those cars lose all its paint when you rub it against a different driver feels nice. The cockpit cam is really fun, makes me feel like I'm driving. And lastly, the weather effects look very nice.

What I would like to recommend you guys add/ bring back to the game:

1. That legacy damage setting I previously mentioned.

2. Bring back the normal street cars that Grid 2 had, those were fun.

3. Add a new tier of cars which just break speed limits, like the one koenigsegg car from Grid 2 that had the ability to go 430 km/ph which could only be achieved on the oval track which was DLC.

4. Add more map variety, I love the amount of small differences you guys added in layout, but I personally think different scenery would be more fun to drive through than different layouts.

5. (Optional), Add really over the top custom lobby settings, I think that would create a game like no other, image the following: popped tires mode, so all cars are slidding on metal wheel frames, or monster truck mode, where cars have huge wheels, or 6th gear only mode, where every car is stuck in 6th gear so takes like 3 minutes to get to 100 km/ph, or what I think would be hillarious is all tiers allowed mode, where you could drive the fastest of the fastest GP cars against the slower but more steerable tuner cars or something.

TLDR: Grid 2019 is proving to be a nice game, but my god, I think it has lost some of its chaotic energy from its ancestors and should definitely try to get that back for it to be a strong game in the market.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The game has the current full grid of GTE (except for the BMW) and couple of DPi... And the AI handles very well overtaking slow cars.

Can't comprehend why multiclass is not a thing in GRID. It could be so much fun...

• Like 1

Daily , weekly, monthly challenges for the, in my case,  PS4, just like the old Grids and like the Dirt series

The track in Skirmish could be changed to something better, the empty and ugly wasteland is a mood killer. Wish it was in a city, or a track, or anywhere rather than that grayness

• Agree 2

Would love to set the car up in hotlapmode and dont have to get back into the „start race“-menu.

so i can just restart the hotlap but with an adjusted setup.

Especially because this game wants you to have fun right away.. please give me the ability to make a car fun right away. Because some of these cars are no fun at all without an adjusted setup. And when setting it up is a pain in the lowerbackparts of your body you just dont drive them.

missed oportunity. Might be easy to fix and would go a long way

Edited by Loeinc

Unless we want to pay a lot more money none of the above is going to happen,

biggest problem for a triple AAA title £50 dayone edition is lack of content,

i read a post somewhere on here that season 1 will be free to everyone, I doubt this but it should have been free,

then maybe we just might have bought season pass ,

ive completed grid 2019 2 weeks after its release,  that was how little content this game has ,

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

i read a post somewhere on here that season 1 will be free to everyone, I doubt this but it should have been free

Can you get a source for this information?

I would like an in-game page for my statistics where the total driven kilometres/miles shows for each circuit and kilometres/miles for each car. This information will be cruical when I’m going for the «Around the globe» trophy. Thank you. 🙂

The FFB on G27 needs alot of improvement, why I don't play. In Grid Autosport the FFB is perfect and spent too many hours in there! my fav game of all time!

In Grid 2019 there's no rumbling effect, you don't feel the little bumps, this is crucial for me, also there's too much slack in the center even though deadzone set to 0, just copy the code from GAS! I thought this game was going to be a GAS upgrade, it's more related to Dirt rally or Dirt 4 codewise it sure looks like.

I played multiplayer last night with 11 real players and the rest of the computer AI.

It was really fun.

Most of the time I was always the last, because I have never driven most of the routes, but never mind, I had fun. :classic_smile:

It should always be that way.

• Agree 1

Got it for xmas. Personally, I'm really enjoying it. Admittedly I have only played the GT class so far but one thing I would like to see is the option to turn off the Rolling Start. It's fine for stock car races but not for GT races IMO.

The tyre degradation that was in Grid Autosport was good and I liked that, haven't come across it thus far in 2019 Grid as well as fixing damage after/before races. I mean, don't go the whole hog as in DR2 where the damage completely ruins you between rallies, but a halfway house.

People clearly have high expectations, and maybe they should; Forza Motorsport is decent, but it misses out on some things like qualifying and damage repair but throws in gimmicks such as "mods" that do little to add to the experience. 

Either way, I'm enjoying it and I'm hopeful that some of the features missing will be added at a later date. 

40 minutes ago, Gegan said:

Got it for xmas. Personally, I'm really enjoying it. Admittedly I have only played the GT class so far but one thing I would like to see is the option to turn off the Rolling Start. It's fine for stock car races but not for GT races IMO.

The tyre degradation that was in Grid Autosport was good and I liked that, haven't come across it thus far in 2019 Grid as well as fixing damage after/before races. I mean, don't go the whole hog as in DR2 where the damage completely ruins you between rallies, but a halfway house.

People clearly have high expectations, and maybe they should; Forza Motorsport is decent, but it misses out on some things like qualifying and damage repair but throws in gimmicks such as "mods" that do little to add to the experience. 

Either way, I'm enjoying it and I'm hopeful that some of the features missing will be added at a later date. 

Rolling starts are a thing in GT, especially in endurance racing, so I think that's OK.

Grid Autosport tyre degradation was ONLY present in Endurance category, on all other categories there were no tyre deg at all.

I don't care about tyre deg in a racing game that features no pitstops and where races are overall short, so I don't thing tyre deg belongs to GRID.

actually on the first lap cars in all classes have just a little bit of extra grip, this is most evident by the braking distance being a few meters shorter. endurance has degradation throughout

The damage model of the cars in Grid 2019 is a step backwards compared to Grid Autosport. What broke at Grid Autosport was incredible. Hope the damage model comes back.

Hello, I have grid for the Nintendo switch. The multiplayer is great, but can it be that the KI performance was set too difficult? we have big problems to keep up with beginners with the Ki. can the KI be screwed down a bit?

in case it doesn't matter. it would also be cool if there was a qualifying in the split-screen race.
thanks for an answer

I have got a little suggestion. Could you allow us remove this at least when all the HUD is off? Obviously, it would be better if we could turn this off separately as not everyone plays without HUD. It is annoying and unnecessary. 'Racedriver GRID' hadn't got something like this and there was no problem.20191228111231_1.thumb.jpg.9b8a4c4f84674d6ec463b8676a6b7f74.jpg20191228111443_1.thumb.jpg.7d71dd5084ba14dc66b982a64e166aef.jpg