F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

On 12/31/2019 at 11:54 AM, Sir.Smoke said:

how are they supposed to know ? they dont play grid

On 12/31/2019 at 12:32 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

true...

shocking!

Why all the GTE events except one from the Season one have the Zhejing track? It's the worst track in the game to have racing. GTE and Prototypes are my favorite classes. Just don't put Zhejing track on an event ever again. And we have an Endurance R26 10 Laps event but not an Endurance event for the GTE and Prototype cars? Disapointed. GRID 1 was so much better in this regard focus more on Le Mans style cars and racing. Unfortunately this game has no flow on the tracks too. Maybe, again, only the GTE and Prototype cars on some tracks and that's it.

Posted (edited)

I'm loving Grid so far, I've completed both the Touring and Tuner classes in the career, and I've made some progress with the GT and Invitational classes too. I'm not a huge player of racing games, but Grid is my third game from the series after I received the first one for free on PC (though I play Grid on PS4) 🙂

For suggestions I think would make the game more fun, I think it would be really nice if we could have a toggle in the settings menu for the damage that cars start with at the beginning of a race. I kinda feel that they should start in perfect condition so you can see the paint degrade as you race. I kinda think a car starting with paint missing doesn't look very nice. I guess it's just a personal opinion though.

I also think it would be nice to have some form of driver customization, even only a female/male toggle in the profile settings. The helmet designs seem to change to match the car already, but it would be nice to have a little more control over the way they look imo 🙂

I don't think I can think of any more suggestions 🙂

Edited by LaurenXIV

21 minutes ago, LaurenXIV said:

I kinda think a car starting with paint missing doesn't look very nice. I guess it's just a personal opinion though.

We all agree on that, it would seem that is a bug. Probably on the "to do list" that will be included in a patch.

10 hours ago, Omiley said:

We all agree on that, it would seem that is a bug. Probably on the "to do list" that will be included in a patch.

They said it's a choice of an artist ...

10 hours ago, LaurenXIV said:

I'm not a huge player of racing games, but Grid is my third game from the series after I received the first one for free on PC (though I play Grid on PS4) 🙂

1st - Yeah, this is the problem with GRID this days, it attract your kind of players instead of true racing fans and old fans of franchise (please do not get offended, it wasn't my intention to offend you but to emphasize what kind of player base they are building). It is ok to play racing games from time to time and get fun !

2nd - Welcome on forums 🙂

For Multiplayer:

Wish we could tweak the setup of cars while in the skirmish waiting room and picking a car (just like pressing LT while browsing the garage from the main menu).

Currently there is no way to change the setup at all in multiplayer.

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Omiley said:

I think I've read it was a choice :) I remember reading an article about Grid's mechanics and they mentioned they wanted to portray a gritty realism of racing where nothing starts a race clean, or something similar :)

13 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

1st - Yeah, this is the problem with GRID this days, it attract your kind of players instead of true racing fans and old fans of franchise (please do not get offended, it wasn't my intention to offend you but to emphasize what kind of player base they are building). It is ok to play racing games from time to time and get fun !

2nd - Welcome on forums 🙂

Thank you for the welcome! And no worries, Im not offended :) I do think you're wrong though :/ I don't really believe "true fans" of something can exist. For me, it's either: you enjoy something = you're a fan, or you don't enjoy something = you're not a fan. People can vary in enthusiasm and dedication, sure, but it's the enjoyment they receive from something that is the most important thing, I think. For example, I've been a Star Wars fan for almost all of my life, and I would personally never say that someone who has only started to enjoy the movies recently isn't a true fan - it's our enjoyment of Star Wars that means we would both be fans in our own right. Everyone has to start somewhere :)

It was my fiancee that gave me Grid for Christmas as a present, because she knows I own 2 of the earlier games already and I enjoy both :) So, I only own the game because I enjoy some of the same games as the older fans, even if I haven't played them for hundreds of hours each. That said, the handling in Grid 2 never really felt right to me, I'm not sure why :/ I think the new game is better for sure.

LaurenXIV

Clearly you using "star wars" as a base for being right (new movies) shows how much you know about fans that have played the old guard of games: TOCA, Race driver, grid from the start.

This game doesn't even "TRY" to be what made the series what it was. it just DOESN'T...................

that's what you missed out on when the other poster meant  "your kind of players"

it's really SAD cause the more of these NEW age gamer's except these Un-passionate displays of game development the MORE we will continue to get GARBAGE !

So GLAD i have a HUGE library of "older" GOOD racing games (on MANY platforms), all these new racers are so clueless as to what they are missing cause they don't know better.

All i am saying is you can't tell a WW2 vet *** his experience is if you NEVER lived it...................makes sense ?

LASTLY, i am Not saying the game is totally GARBAGE, i am saying it feels like it lacked passion or time or $$$ or ALL 3 cause it just isn't what "old timers" expected........................if this is the future of Grid, i am OUT ! ! ! !

i don't want 2047 graphics that replaces great gaming, i want GAME PLAY & that means tracks & cars on top of great physics

Edited by OugaBooga
added & edited more

58 minutes ago, OugaBooga said:

LaurenXIV

Clearly you using "star wars" as a base for being right (new movies) shows how much you know about fans that have played the old guard of games: TOCA, Race driver, grid from the start.

This game doesn't even "TRY" to be what made the series what it was. it just DOESN'T...................

that's what you missed out on when the other poster meant  "your kind of players"

it's really SAD cause the more of these NEW age gamer's except these Un-passionate displays of game development the MORE we will continue to get GARBAGE !

So GLAD i have a HUGE library of "older" GOOD racing games (on MANY platforms), all these new racers are so clueless as to what they are missing cause they don't know better.

All i am saying is you can't tell a WW2 vet *** his experience is if you NEVER lived it...................makes sense ?

LASTLY, i am Not saying the game is totally GARBAGE, i am saying it feels like it lacked passion or time or $$$ or ALL 3 cause it just isn't what "old timers" expected........................if this is the future of Grid, i am OUT ! ! ! !

i don't want 2047 graphics that replaces great gaming, i want GAME PLAY & that means tracks & cars on top of great physics

Yup :) As someone who has only been aware this forum exists for a few days and has only interacted with people in three posts now, I probably don't know tooooo much about the people that played these games before me (I didn't even know Toca Race Driver was a thing).

Buuuttt I'm not sure Star Wars is a bad analogy. It seems that they have quite a few things in common. You have an older product in a series that is kinda considered great (Star Wars episodes IV-VI, Grid 1), and a passionate, traditionalist fanbase that generally dislikes other entries and compares them negatively to the original product. I just personally love all of Star Wars. It isn't important to my point, but it's a thing.

In many ways, the situation reminds me a little of my experience with a game called Just Cause 4. The fourth game is the only one I own (another gift - my fiancee is very good at choosing games I'll enjoy). It's generally considered to be not as good as the game that came before. The older fans focus on the features that have been lost between games, not the ones that have been gained. As someone completely new to that series, my experience with the game isn't anchored by the legacy of older products and as a newer player of the Grid games, it's kinda the same situation. It's brand loyalists vs a blind taste test in many ways imo.

Yes, this newer game is different to the original Grid game in some ways. The damage isn't quite as strong, there are a few missing modes (Demolition derby, Le Mans, etc), but we have other things in return. Just like Star Wars imo, many of the older fans will never really allow themselves to enjoy newer products because they are so focused on the legacy of the originals.

If there is something Ive learned in my time gaming, it's that video games need to constantly change and innovate to stay fresh. They need to change formulas and swap mechanics so that players dont become bored and generally think the games are stale. Like Assassin's Creed for example, I've played a few of them and they are generally the same game copy/pasted. Sure there are a few different mechanics and different locations but the core of the game is essentially the same. In more recent entries, they have changed things and made it more like an RPG and it's kinda energized the franchise again, though upset a few who prefer the way the games used to be.

I think I'll always support innovation and changes in video games, even when it doesn't work in a way I enjoy. I won't always enjoy every game in a series, no matter how much I love it. Yes, there can be times where I wish newer games in a series I love were closer to the older ones. But if it wasn't for the changes, the franchises I care about wouldnt probably exist - they would have probably died due to dwindling players and unfavorable reviews.

Personally, I love this new game. And the older one. I enjoy both :)

• Like 1

LaurenXIV

i don't think anyone wants to argue your points, the point is the game is NOT innovative, there is nothing NEW other then nemesis & as a whole the community is Upset that we lost far more then we gained. !

That is the SHORT of it....................

On 12/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, 053 said:

Daily , weekly, monthly challenges for the, in my case,  PS4, just like the old Grids and like the Dirt series

Reminder 😜

On 1/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, NinoRQC said:

Why all the GTE events except one from the Season one have the Zhejing track?

Because their target from the start was China, not quality.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

Because their target from the start was China, not quality.

Well, there are only 2 Chinese Tracks. Zhejing, and the fictional Shanghai Street Track.

And their quality is way better than Sidney Park, for example. Shanghai Street Track has rich background while Sidney Park is empty and they even didn't draw normal trees for it.

The races for hot hatches wee mostly quite long. Tedious for slow cars but the fun cars like the LMPs (prototypes) and the wild looking Time Attack editions as well as the F1 races are all so short. I see that the best are saved for last. More Hyper cars coming so please throw in a few endurance please or the option to pick lap %? These are the fun races. Powerful and wild. Also big tracks. Most races with powerful cars are on really short tiny tracks. You just don't get to push much.

So endurance big circuit power mode please!! 😄

Also maybe more F1 circuits? Or epics like the Okutama are crazy! I love the hillclimb challenges! Sprints are pretty intense. More please!

Hi. Unfortunately, I have got to say that after the update, there is some problem I noticed during playing in Freeplay mode (yes, yes, for some players it is not so important like for example Multiplayer, by the way, finally we received cusotm public lobbies from you. Good job. 👍). However it sounds like, GRID remembers the configuration of the first round after completing the event (not necessarily consisting of only 1 race, even more) and even after closing the game. As a result, we cannot get random first round.

20200113165026_1.thumb.jpg.1236a9d7aeeaf2f5b6b73e90092f813c.jpg20200113165023_1.thumb.jpg.34a28304023b498e908e57dc17d5f0e6.jpg

This is what I selected then. Later on, it couldn't have been changed automatically.

Please improve Freeplay mode to make it more comfortable to play. The one in 'GRID Autosport' was made really cool.

And one more thing is Ford Mustang Mach 1 livery, which is always scratched. Also please finish the painting of that car.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

A few more ideas, mostly camera related.

I think it would be nice to have a variable rewind rate for flashbacks and the ability to move both forward and back in time, and also maybe rotate the view around the car. It would make choosing the perfect time to continue playing more fun :)

It would also be nice if we could rotate the camera around the car while paused while viewing a replay.

I also think there could maybe be a camera option while viewing replays for almost all third person, motorsport-like perspective. I know we have a view mode that kinda cycles through a number of different options but it never seems to capture a good angle for me :(

For Online Racing.. and majory to Public Lobbies, we need to have a Setup Stage prior to racing (we would need some minutes. not many..) there we should have... mainly for setting up the car (as some tracks demand for some minor change on the Car setup..) mainly... there should also have a way to change FOV in all racing vues, and to have more info on about times per lap and time difference between racers during race...

Im loving this game, 2 weeks in half way through career but I do have some suggestions and requests that this game could use via future updates please.

1) More cars (The obvious who doesnt want this)

2) More paint schemes and decals orrrrrr give us the ability to change the default base color of the without using the manual decals. Such as the red viper, can we use the same stickers and logos but make it blue etc?

3) More tracks, also obvious but less circuit racing Id love more togue or point a to b tracks, scenic tracks. California, Italy in Grid 2 were stunning for example

4) Can we repair cars? Not sure if you can but Im tired on seeing my cars with scratches everyyyyyy race

5) More XP, feels kinda grindy to level up to unlock content

6) More weather features for different look, Storms, Lightning, Snow etc.

7) How about a menu or section where other gamers can share their car liveries so that others can download and use?

Edited by XHunter22