F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

47 minutes ago, rtsphilly said:

I purchased the original Grid on steam for like $5. I would be willing to pay up to say 10 or 20 bucks to be able to play that game on PS4 as is. No HD overhaul, just emulate it like they do with the titles on psnow or whatever. That game was literally my favorite game as far as the balance of sum and arcade and the damage system. If they would offer it, i and I am sure enough people would purchase it to make it worthwhile for CodeMasters to put the effort of making it run on the PS4.

YES, for Sony gamer's then YES !

For PC, not so.................i don't want a cd / dvd or what ever it was + console & steam version !

those days are OVER (no more multiple copies) & MS clearly see's it, good for them & i hope Sony does too !

I skipped Sony this gen, they have maybe 3 exclusives i want.................i'll buy a ps5 if they make back compat a reality ! ps1-5 !

otherwise MS is gonna Slaughter Sony with PC involved !

Edited by OugaBooga
smarts

1 hour ago, rtsphilly said:

I purchased the original Grid on steam for like $5. I would be willing to pay up to say 10 or 20 bucks to be able to play that game on PS4 as is. No HD overhaul, just emulate it like they do with the titles on psnow or whatever. That game was literally my favorite game as far as the balance of sum and arcade and the damage system. If they would offer it, i and I am sure enough people would purchase it to make it worthwhile for CodeMasters to put the effort of making it run on the PS4.

i FEEL for you.........................i was like that when games got into the garbage bin at $5 a copy for physical media.....................times A change, No longer respect but OUT RITE  greed dude.

you wanna pay multiple times ?

Ghet a PC, you won't eventually................

or DON'T buy the same movies like Hollywood wants you 10x OVER !

why do i think then feel ppl are DUMB ! you just FEEL without THINKING !..........................

8 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

i FEEL for you.........................i was like that when games got into the garbage bin at $5 a copy for physical media.....................times A change, No longer respect but OUT RITE  greed dude.

you wanna pay multiple times ?

Ghet a PC, you won't eventually................

or DON'T buy the same movies like Hollywood wants you 10x OVER !

why do i think then feel ppl are DUMB ! you just FEEL without THINKING !..........................

8 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

YES, for Sony gamer's then YES !

For PC, not so.................i don't want a cd / dvd or what ever it was + console & steam version !

those days are OVER (no more multiple copies) & MS clearly see's it, good for them & i hope Sony does too !

I skipped Sony this gen, they have maybe 3 exclusives i want.................i'll buy a ps5 if they make back compat a reality ! ps1-5 !

otherwise MS is gonna Slaughter Sony with PC involved !

that's funny...or dumb...............dreaming bout the new con in time.........of stream 😁 no offense

many of those dumb ppl just enjoyed the game...and resell this awful physical media 😁 that's the way it goes with so many great ex on this gene, sad u miss it dude

but dreaming bout the orange support compat ps1-5 and this beneficial feeling MS deserves pink glass 😉

this whole offensive now on the side of MS is the result of losing the battle last years

-GIVE- 

-US-

-MORE-

----------------MODES----------------

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

PLEASE dont make the last track ANOTHER racing circuit... 

18 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Add Milan and Long Beach tracks from original RD GRID!

And Miami from GRID2!

---

Edited by lastbreath
  • Like 1

In the tracks packages folder we have had Yas Marina since the game release, its pretty much empty, that track would be an good pairing with hypercars.  Paris and RBR didn't have a place holder folder.

dont like this overexposet too bright skys. the headlamps reflections are also too bright and strangeGRID_202.jpg.3fc94298611112b5d4be325b1f0cb817.jpgGRID_2_4.jpg.bf07eb9f5c3a2399e3bd780f32cf8e5f.jpgGRID_05.thumb.jpg.62b8035c1d4b5a26632c35d0f2be72b8.jpgGRID_2.thumb.jpg.983b92a0e96454036d5e2fa3b7da766c.jpg

• Agree 4

Hey what about like old grid vote to kick players out of lobbies, some kind of rank of style of driver e.g clean driver to basher, also ready up needs to be majority ready up race starts not when host decides.

• Agree 2

Can Demo Derby be added to OFFLINE? Track is there, car, damage... 

• Like 1

Hello, long time absentee from the Codies forums here. Had to make a return to make some comments on this game because honestly for me, it's so close to perfect, but also falls so far short of what it could be. 

My main two gripes to begin with are - 

• Why on EARTH is there no T Cam for the single seaters?? Like who actually tested this game and thought it was acceptable to not put one in, or at least give us the option to edit the cameras to replicate something similar? The F1000 cars are playable, but I can't help feeling totally deflated when I have to race one of the amazing Renault F1s in either cockpit cam, which I'm not too keen on, or chase cam which is totally ridiculous with an F1 car and always will be. Just put a T Cam in, please, it will make both the single seater classes so much more fun to play. 
  • Secondly, I would love a livery bookmarker, or an option to attach a livery to all cars that you own. This would allow the player to create a functioning brand for their team akin to the original Grid. There's little point giving us a team name when the control of said team feels so minimal and detached from any relevance. At least giving us a blanket option in the livery editor would help build up some kind of team branding feel. 

One additional note I would make is - I'll be thoroughly disappointed if we don't see anymore tracks after the 3rd season. Especially if I'm right in thinking the 3rd season is the final season. I can forgive everything else that this game falls short on, if we just get MORE TRACKS. There simply isn't enough - especially from a company that has the license to every single F1 track currently in use that they could easily implement into a game like this. There is a fantastic range of cars, a career mode that has so much more depth than it presents itself as having, a good set of game modes, but the lack of tracks just makes all of that irrelevant. I beg, if we get one thing, please make it more tracks. 

Finally, having read through this thread briefly, I also fully agree that Demolition Derby should make a return. Further features that would be great but would understandably be more difficult or unnecessary to include are: split screen multiplayer, and/or multi class racing (GTs + Prototype?). 

Just putting feelers out to see if anyone agrees here. 

Aside from these points I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, especially since I got the Ultimate Edition on offer for £30 (basically £10 because I used a playstation gift card), I can't complain at all. 

Edited by charleshibberd

Hi TheChibberd, the driving model is really good and that is what saves the game.  Lack of tracks has been frustrating and the excuse of licensing is bull since there are plenty tracks in the grid series that are city or fictional, why leave them out, though big sur with these trees :shudders:

The other stuff could be fixed to make the game perfect if codemasters listens to us and looks back at how it was done in Autosport, so far they have listened but not doing so well at the implementation, like adding tuning in skirmish but cant tune before a race in a multiplayer event (you dont know what track variations are in the event).  Though the graphics issues I doubt we will get a fix for, we may have to make do with a game that background graphics look worse than the original grid.

Enjoy the game, just don't look too closely at it!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, charleshibberd said:

an option to attach a livery to all cars that you own

Funny thing but let´s put this on the loooooooong list of things that where already in the previous games and that are missing in Grid 2019 🤣

547850001_ezgif.com-video-to-gif(2).gif.efa2d1357be7ae5a1820a153bbbcdccd.gif

Edited by Ak1504

I know Grid isn't a sim but a bit more tuning would be great like in Grid Autosport. That wasn't a sim either but had more options and more precise tuning.

Edited by KreuZenNL

I guess Cockpit view DEMANDED the removal of:

Checkpoint
Togue
Drift
A LOT of tracks
Cars
Tuning options
Weekly events 

Next time CM give us more then a £70 PROLOGUE. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GavinMac said:

Autosport has cockpit view!!!

Correct about the view, less about the cockpit which was just eternal blackness or something 😛