GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

Track recommendations:

• Mount Panorama
  • Sand Down
  • Adelaide 500 Street Circuit

Feature Recommendations:

• What the current fastest lap is and who it's set by during the race.
  • A best sector 1, 2 and 3 time while racing and for qualifying for both yourself and other drivers
  • A time difference on the leaderboard for people behind you and people ahead to know how far you are behind another car.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

* Time Attack can be abused by slipstreaming/drafting a "friend" on the track. This stuffs up the leaderboards with unattainable times. Please for single player make it so that time attack is hard coded to 1 car only ...and then reset all the leaderboards so that we can start from scratch and contribute realistic and attainable times. I've lost all interest in doing time attacks now because the top times are from cheaters. Not sure how you would address this in multiplayer? Perhaps don't have leaderboards for multiplayer? whats the point of that anyway? or at least seperate single and mutliplayer leadboards.

* Please streamline the click-flow to start a time-attack (time trial?) .  It would be great to be able to just pick a track from any game mode and view at a glance what the best time was, what car was used and category it belonged to. And then to be able to just go straight to a time attack from that same menu without having to navigate back to main menu and manually select  timeattack ->track, category, car etc etc. 

* Ability to go straight to tuning mode from within a time attack or a hot lap. Ie when you're doing a hot lap you should be able to go "options -> Tuning" and then when you apply the tuning it automatically restarts the hotlap. At the moment its painful to have to entirely quit a hotlap and go back to main grid race start screen just to get into tuning. 

* Ability to turn off nemesis mode so that you can just have a normal race if desired.

* Penalty for using the car as a missile to smash others off the track. Penalty to apply to any human or AI that does this. Prefer penalty that slows your car down for 3 seconds or so rather than an end of race time penalty.

* When AI pips you, even a little, you go flying and spinning out with the slightest touch. AI remains unscathed. Please adjust this.

* Make an AI difficultly level that is faster than "Very Hard".

* Random weather options

* Physics- physics are ok, but can be better. Cars can feel a bit too slip and slidey like youre skating on ice. Cars need to feel like there is more weight on them, more feel of suspension.

* A quicker way to reset your vehicle rather than having to click on "options - reset", how bout being able to assign a wheel/controller button to reset the vehicle

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

- Ghost Time no Modo Time Attack

- Gravar os recordes pessoais das Pistas

- Force Feedback mais forte e com mais efeitos

Edited by Magrelito

When should we expect season 3 and what happens after season 3, is that it? no more?

Host are not aware to be the host

One big issue is, that many players don’t get aware when they became host. Maybe the host should see this info the hole time in the skirmish 

• A text chat option: May be a text chat option could help. As few people where headsets, that normally isn’t an option to 'wake up' the one how is host to tell him to start the race
  • Or maybe a ‘talk to all’ option in the skirmish, so everybody can hear you, not only those connected to the game chat.

• An option to release or forward host
    Would be nice to be able to forward the host to a specific player in the skirmish.
  • More races in one session/championship
    Would be great to select more than 5 races in one session

• Option to choose car between races or at least to change settings
    Be able to choose a different car between races or at least to change settings. Also to be able to modify settings during the time tables or when you got disqualified

• Option to choose car and settings when you enter a session 

• Why not allow to choose a car and change settings when you enter a session which has already started. At least when you enter during a race there would be plenty of time to do so.

They make themselves deaf when when people ask for chat option...

People beg for that feature only few years, since 2013.

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, GavinMac said:

When should we expect season 3 and what happens after season 3, is that it? no more?

And is it free for Ultimate Edition owners or will everybody pay for it?

And what will come with it? Again a few Cars, one or two Tracks and 33 new Career Events?

I'm very very curious if anybody is willing to spend even 1€ for it.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, hampti said:

And is it free for Ultimate Edition owners or will everybody pay for it?

And what will come with it? Again a few Cars, one or two Tracks and 33 new Career Events?

I'm very very curious if anybody is willing to spend even 1€ for it.

Season 3 will be "free" (You paid for it) for Ultimate Edition owners 🙂 

Edited by UP100

On 3/18/2020 at 3:07 AM, UP100 said:

Season 3 will be "free" (You paid for it) for Ultimate Edition owners 🙂 

Will season three be mid april? Or will it be delayed because of the apocalypse?

41 minutes ago, GhostDraken said:

Will season three be mid april? Or will it be delayed because of the apocalypse?

I sadly don't know anything more than you do at this point 😕 

A fairly simple suggestion, can you add a feature to be able to zoom out the mini-map, as it is by the time the corner shows on it you're already there and it's completely useless for seeing a series of corners in advance of you actually being there already. 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

When you join a lobby you can spectate. Then you can see a track map with the position of each racer. You can switch between the map and a time table. Would be great of you could choose between these two during the race, so you can see the position of others on the map or the difference in times.

Edited by KreuZenNL
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@CMTGK

Do you know when season 3 with achievements/trophies is coming??

will it come this month??            

do you have at least a timeframe??

Edited by Silvano 92 Juve

37 minutes ago, Silvano 92 Juve said:

@CMTGK

Do you know when season 3 with achievements/trophies is coming??

will it come this month??            

do you have at least a timeframe??

More will be revealed very soon 🙃

• Thanks 2

I'd like two graphical changes:

- Remove chromatic aberration, it's a nonsense and awful graphical effect.

- Improve lod.

And add more street circuits, new ones or from old Grid games, there are race circuits in every racing game.

The absence of two things are really preventing me from enjoying the career:

- Practice mode.

- Option to disallow restart. 

I find myself having to restart qualifying again and again until I have proper pace. No need to metion this is totally unnatural. And lowering the difficulty would make the racing dull, as I would never have similar pace as the AI players. 

And disallowing restarting would make the races much more interesting. Like in real life, you mess up and it's over. And also giving you a plus of money would make the challenge rewarding. 

Happily though, the poor design and lack of polish the game suffers (it hurts because it has huge potential and lacks stuff GAS had) is more or less fixable.

I'll be posting later a list of races the campaign has. Thing I would not have to if you could at least see what races the events of the campaign mode have. 🙄

Multiplayer:

Please add the ability to tune the car setup between the races of one online event!

Posted (edited)

The ability to select car when you join in online lobby during event !

Fix wrong liveries colors cars online

Am i asking too much??

At least can we get some Coronavirus message in game lol

stream_6a9e7d22-5bf4-4a75-afc4-bd38471de0c4.jpg

Edited by Miatakias_GR

6 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

The ability to select car when you join in online lobby during event !

Fix wrong liveries colors cars online

Am i asking too much??

At least can we get some Coronavirus message in game lol

stream_6a9e7d22-5bf4-4a75-afc4-bd38471de0c4.jpg

The whole advertising system in GRID 2019 and DiRT Rally 2.0 is really interesting. They use a "thing" called Bidstack, which will allow advertisements to be shown in places such as trackside objects depending on the clients location etc. This is also used to show these "Stay Home, Save Lives" messages.

"At Codemasters we came to realise that technology within our games, which enables the remote updating of banners within the virtual environment, could be repurposed to assist with the Coronavirus communication effort. This week, through collaboration with Bidstack Group PLC (providers of the ad-replacement infrastructure), we began delivering a version of Public Health England’s ‘Stay Home Save Lives’ message into DiRT Rally 2.0. It’s fantastic to see conversations already being sparked amongst our community."  - Full Post

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I stated this question long time ago. Why developers didn't use ingame billboards for realtime ads.

Looks like Season 3 is not the end of things for Grid 2019, if thats the case @CMTGK then please please please can the team look at sorting some of the mistakes with the game like inability to tune between races, not being able to see what the track configurations are in the event, lack of tracks ofc, lack of race modes.

I know graphics LOD/trees will never get fixed with this engine but if we could at least get the gameplay side of things sorted.

To be honest i am ok with current carlist. It doesn't need any more. Just more tracks and gamemodes. This is most important thing in my opinion. 

Ino the last season content has been shown for grid 2019 but is there anyway of getting more classic btcc cars and maybe even a few newer btcc cars and more btcc tracks. People want a new toca btcc touring car game so why not add as content in this current game and it would be great.

Car wise:

Add super tourers like Vauxhall vectra, Ford mondeo, Renault Laguna. 

Newer btcc:

BMW 3 series 

Honda civic fk8

Vauxhall astra

Toyota Corolla 

Subaru levorg (since it's no longer on the grid and was only estate to win the championship)