F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

I found this on youtube, it's called a complete game:

Weather, rain on windshields and working wipers, interiors, lighting, proper handling, drift, VR for those who have it/like it, mods, nice replays ...

Oh and it has a chat option in multiplayer too !

Real game, nice video

I would like some tracks that are not on other games. Austria and Suzuka are on the F1 games and Project Cars.

How about Thruxton, Snetterton, a few Australian tracks or even fictional ones.

i only purchased Grid yesterday and am enjoying it so far.

22 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Weather, rain on windshields and working wipers, interiors, lighting, proper handling, drift, VR for those who have it/like it, mods, nice replays ...

Real game, nice video

So? Buy it and play it. 

Next time, you guys will have 30% more sales if not for your imbecile travel around the globe trophy/achievement. Rather have something difficult than pointless.

I know a handful of people who want to play the game itself but can't be bothered because nobody wants to grind out 40k km for no reason after doing everything on the game gets you to about 8%

Long time fan of the codemasters racing games. Have played most (all?) of the Grid and Dirt games. Not always too realistic, always good fun!!

For Grid 2019:

Interface / race setup:

• Where's practice? I'm a casual gamer with these games. In previous iterations something like 10 mins free practice, or on rallies instant restart, is half the fun (yes, really!). No delays, no cut scenes, just bam...back at the starting line
  • Why are there two screens for race and hot lap? The loading in between is just annoying (it takes time even on a decent PC). And...
  • ...access to tuning mode directly from hot lap: finish your hot lap, car is wrong, straight to tuning, fix it and try again. Now it just takes too long to quit the hot lap and go back to main race screen
  • (small point but present in all codemaster racing games: the infinitely repeating cut scenes... Fun to see your car the first time you play the game but it becomes quite boring quite fast...)

Team mate / NPC:

• My team mate in most races turns into an enemy even when he/she is the one driving into the back of my car (no matter how gentle). Currently have a team mate with very high 'loyalty' and this still happens (so I don't know what loyalty mean actually...?). In this case, when my team mate hits me I expect an apology, not an F you
  • When an NPC hits you, you're doing a 180 or fly into the wall. The NPC continues like nothing happened.

Handling / driving:

• Physics can be better because it was better in previous games. Sometimes you don't feel tires screaming like in previous games, more like you're just sliding on ice... No feeling of weight on them, suspension struggling, rubber burning, etc. Recently re-played DiRT, had more feeling to some cars than this 13 year newer game...

Hope you can fix / improve some stuff since I'm nowhere near done with this game!

• Agree 3

Car livery in multiplayer races is still bugged, it paints the car in the color of the previous one.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Car livery in multiplayer races is still bugged, it paints the car in the color of the previous one.

This problem exist since launch and after 6 months and many updates has not been fixed yet.. No comment!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

This problem exist since launch and after 6 months and many updates has not been fixed yet.. No comment!

And now you can't see what tracks the host has choosen. The tracks from the previous session keep shown. No matter what you do you  can not see the new tracks. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Real game, nice video

yeah, it's a great game but it wasn't great using a game pad for a long time even after leaving EA.

it's better now but greed 2019 has better game pad control.

Too bad Greed doesn't allow mod support, it might have been what saved it ......................

Edited by OugaBooga
spelling

34 minutes ago, KreuZenNL said:

And now you can't see what tracks the host has choosen. The tracks from the previous session keep shown. No matter what you do you  can not see the new tracks. 

lol wut 🚮

Ugh, this desperately needs FOV options for all views. Also, Codies, please just add an option to remove chromatic abberation already! It's so blurry!

• Agree 1

Hey Ben,

I've asked about fixing FoV before. Nothing is going to be fixed with this title. The Devs obviously think that having the correct view is less important than having a clean car! It really ruins immersion for me. Sorry there isn't any more positive news.

Maybe you could let @CMTGK know how you feel.

Multiplayer mode needs to be updated, i mean completely changed. So far no way to use season 3 cars, Bugatti, Koenigseeg and Ferrari, players need to be at least 12, not only 8.  And what about Racenet?

Posted (edited)

@ChrisGrovesMCM @CMTGK I thought I'd try make this as constructive as I could.

Mode

• I would like to see the modes from Grid 2 in Grid 2019.

Feature

• Better Advanced Graphics settings. The ability to turn DOF, Motion Blur and other graphical effects off without having to edit the config file. This is important because certain graphical effects actually make me nauseous, like Motion Blur... Also tuning the graphics to my own taste is nice.
  • I would like to be given some time to set up my car between tracks on multiplayer. (let me set up my car while it's synchronizing, and hide synchronizing)
  • I would like to have more setup options available for cars. (there is a certain amount of fun in tuning a car for a track)
  • I would like to save tuning setups per car on a per track basis.
  • @Pol235 I like your point...
  • On 4/15/2020 at 9:52 PM, Pol235 said:
    • Why are there two screens for race and hot lap? The loading in between is just annoying (it takes time even on a decent PC). And...
    • ...access to tuning mode directly from hot lap: finish your hot lap, car is wrong, straight to tuning, fix it and try again. Now it just takes too long to quit the hot lap and go back to main race screen
  • @Stephen220378 I fully agree with your point of being able to zoom out the minimap, at the moment it's rather useless.
  • Pit stops for long races. This would be fun. I added as a feature rather than a mode since its something I would like to turn on and off when creating an event for my friends.
  • More damage, and this is a big one for me, I want lights to go off at night if I damage them. Old Grid style damage... Not sure if there was a licensing issue that prevented you guys from adding that...
  • Make the exterior camera the same height for all cars, I'm not sure if this is just my imagination, but it feels like the height of the camera is tied to the height of the car somehow?

Content

• More tracks. @PJTierney I saw your comment on why tracks people want are not in, and totally respect and understand that. Although this is pretty much my only content request. Perhaps allowing custom maps?
At the moment the multiplayer is, well pretty bad, I only have fun when I invite friends.

Honestly, when buying this game, I thought it would be a step up from Grid/Grid 2, and graphically it is, but gameplay wise it unfortunately feels like this is a Beta. An incomplete product.
Edited by AlucardLO
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, AlucardLO said:
  • I would like to have more setup options available for cars. (there is a certain amount of fun in tuning a car for a track) 
  • I would like to save tuning setups per car on a per track basis.

and now I like your point. BTW, this was possible on many previous Grid / Dirt games. Especially amount of diff lock and down force.

Perhaps removed because it's unrealistic? Can't be since this is a 'just go fast and have fun arcade racer that sort of feels like real cars' (this balance is the fundamental reason I really enjoy this series to be honest...)

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Pol235 said:

BTW, this was possible on many previous Grid / Dirt games. Especially amount of diff lock and down force.

I remember this from Dirt.

20 hours ago, Pol235 said:

Perhaps removed because it's unrealistic? Can't be since this is a 'just go fast and have fun arcade racer that sort of feels like real cars'

"GRID’s in-game options to adjust difficulty, assists, car tuning and event setup mean it can be played in the style of a sim racer, or a super-accessible arcade game."

This is an extract from their blog http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/09/grid-everything-you-need-to-know/

So I'm not sure, but either way as my original post stated, I'd love to see more of the old Grid games with new features in this Grid...

@ChrisGrovesMCM @CMTGK To be honest, I don't want a new season, I would prefer all of the old functionality (previous Grid games) added in, then new tracks and cars and then I think seasons would make sense because the game would feel complete (or you could release new tracks and cars with the new seasons).

Edited by AlucardLO
Extra Info

I would suggest a mileage or mileage boost token which could be bought using in game funds. I've finished the game and I'm still about 30k short for the Around the World trophy. What I do have is lots of credits as I've bought all the cars.

Maybe something like 5k for 1,000,000 credits or a 2x multiplier for 500,000.

This would enable people who would like to pursue the platinum a chance to get it without having to change the trophy. 

Posted (edited)

Hello,

is it possible to add the name of the track on the leaderboard page like I put in red on the picture attached ?

I like to spend my free time trying to beat time records in Free Play and I take screenshots to know where I am but this information is missing.

I think it will no take to much time to add this, thanks in advance.

20200505192454_1.png

Edited by UTNOVA

Please people, why almost every race in the 'seasons' is wet. What is the point? Is ths a new way of virtual competition, 'wet competition' ???? Im sick of it. Wet races what a FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

This game is awesome, I’m really loving it. Suggestion: PRACTICE

Add a practice option at the beginning of each race, besides the option of qualify lap. Practicing to learn the track before the race. Technically it’s just adding some time attack gameplay. 

• Agree 2

On 5/14/2020 at 6:49 PM, RaphaelTheOnly said:

Please people, why almost every race in the 'seasons' is wet. What is the point? Is ths a new way of virtual competition, 'wet competition' ???? Im sick of it. Wet races what a FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because in the rain you can't see how ****** graphics is.

Hi Guys, 

I would love to play a higher difficulty than very hard because the vast majority of the time is too easy to beat the AI even without driving aids.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, David Hurt said:

This game is awesome, I’m really loving it. Suggestion: PRACTICE

Add a practice option at the beginning of each race, besides the option of qualify lap. Practicing to learn the track before the race. Technically it’s just adding some time attack gameplay. 

YES. 

I'm finally at the cars-that-have-more-power-than-is-good-for-em and I like to practice driving those without any aids. Half baked solution now is to restart the qualifying lap over and over every 15 meters before the finish line...

As mentioned in my earlier post, seems like a weird step back from previous versions of Grid and Dirt... (don't fix it if it ain't broke)