GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

I took a look at game and they fixed many things, lighting inside the cockpit, brightness, now we can see the track inside the car.

Now is a game which worth to spend some time.

Damage mechanics: one of the things I loved the most about codemasters was the damage mechanics. When I played grid 2019 and Dirt rally 2.0, I felt that the damage mechanics have been reduced to a very large extent. If you look at this video I recorded from grid autosport android, you can see how the car rolls over etc. This looks way more realistic and feels intense to what's been done currently. I hope you go back to the previous damage mechanics. 

Codemasters fan.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The vast majority of best-selling games don't have any damage. It goes without saying that many Autosport-raised fans had higher expectations in this regard and are disappointed. On the other hand, the driving model is better and a lot of the gameplay experience looks much better, but it is not emphasized in opposition to the allegations.

Grid, Dirt 2.0 and F1 2019 are successful generation, but at the same time probably the most criticized. All three games have a phenomenal atmosphere of the core gamplay - driving, but for some reasons everyone expected it to be an improved and extended version of the old conception. Maybe we are looking for comparisons unnecessarily, and this stimulates such a snowball of criticism. Note that the longer the game collects platform opinions, the more positive player reviews appear. So it seems that the criticism was based mainly on different expectations of the group brought up on the previous parts.

Is this new formula actually worse and does not find buyers? Take a look at Dirt5 because it seems that Grid only paved the way, and the generation of players growing today is simply looking for quick raceing that they will jump into on the console or on the phone during the break between study and work. In my opinion, CM doesn't want to kick the horse, i.e. titles like MS Forza or Gran Turismo strongly supported by Sony. unexpectedly F1 series became a crown jewel of CM's portfolio with its growing population. also the strong position in games embedded in the WRC rally class is a hallmark of CodeMasters. at the same time, it can be seen that they feel the potential of a mass of users who do not enter so deeply into the envelope of a specific type of competition. I think that's why some of the CM product lines are looking for a shelf and want to mow as wide as possible. it does not have to mean worse impressions and perhaps a completely new idea will emerge here as I guess after reading reviews abuout the test demos of Dirt5.

I will stick to the fact that CM promised us a split-screen in both F1 2019 and GRiD. after the launch of F1 2020 you can see that the game is only a cosmetic development based on its predecessor and it follows that CM could easily implement the split in F1 2019 (as promised) and in Grid and Dirt 2.0 because they did it with Dirt5 without any problems, which, judging by the screenshots, is very similar to both games by the engine itself.

it's disappointing to CM customers because it gives a clear sense of this policy like you get a split but you have to buy our new title. the old proverb says that one satisfied customer will bring the company another six buyers, and one dissatisfied will make eleven never come.

@ChrisGrovesMCM @CMTGK

guys could You ask team CM about split update of GRiD? it could be even a paid DLC option

Edited by minetti

Posted (edited)

minetti

NO, don't open up a gapping wound with suggestion of "split screen" as a DLC !

that is just TOTAL nonsense !

That kind of talk & acceptance is what is WRONG with gamer's, it's the same as calling for PAID patches which is abhorrent to me ! ! !

Edited by OugaBooga
edit
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

minetti

NO, don't open up a gapping wound with suggestion of "split screen" as a DLC !

that is just TOTAL nonsense !

That kind of talk & acceptance is what is WRONG with gamer's, it's the same as calling for PAID patches which is abhorrent to me ! ! !

but I'd be glad to pay if that would help. I work and earn money, I can understand that you have to pay people for a certain job. if the case requires it, I will pay for such a supplement. I think that not only I would be happy to play with my friends or my son, so let's not do a drama. people pay for a sword or a theme on the phone, and you wonder if it's worth it? yes, this feature is worth a surcharge if needed

the feedback whether such update should be paid, better be left to the market and I think that this is why marketing people have heads to think about character of moves like that.

most IMPORTANT, we really NEED this split option - we gamers who bought and loved to play this game, infecting our friends a joy of gameplay with Codemasters products

Edited by minetti

you DO realize that split screen was made primarily cause we didn't have internet.

Most people have internet so dev's don't see the need for it & most gamer's don't either.

Sure i'd like split screen for the last 2 forza games, am i crying about it? would i pay extra for it ? HELL NO !

But i can understand some people like you like nostalgia.

same can be said about people like me that have nostalgia for grid 2008 but instead we got 1/2 a game in 2019.

i have said it too many times, the base of grid 2019 is good to great but that's where it ends.....................

no, it's not nostalgia or the lack of internet. people like to play at the console together with family or friends and often look for titles in which they can play on one screen at the same time. so don't pretend that you just came back from the moon 😉 the new version of F1 2020 already has the split-screen demanded by the community. Dirt 5 also has a split and there is even some leaks that there will be an option for four players, it would be a hit-game for friends & family home parties.

these screenshots show that the game is technically based on the same framework, so the only obstacle may be the decision by Codemasters to support such a solution.

I think the GRiD is still a new game that is not yet a year old, so it will still be in the sales lists and is not a direct alternative to games like fancy Dirt 5. if it is possible to introduce a solution that will improve the sale of this title and it is enough to simply transplant it, why not do it?

If there is a DLC pack with a new route and a few cars and adding a split-screen to the game, I will be happy to pay extra for such a solution 🙂

OK, lets call it perversia of perception..................OK

otherwise i go back to nostalgia which clearly looks your case ! 

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2020 at 4:49 PM, minetti said:

The vast majority of best-selling games don't have any damage. It goes without saying that many Autosport-raised fans had higher expectations in this regard and are disappointed. On the other hand, the driving model is better and a lot of the gameplay experience looks much better, but it is not emphasized in opposition to the allegations.

But vast-majority of best selling games HAVE a nice gameplay. But cars in GRID 2019 driving like a soap in a bathroom. So better damage system could at least soften overall negative empression of latest Grid

Edited by MyMessiah