GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

Infinite leveling system like Diablo 3 paragons or Forza Horizon 4

Random weather option in freeplay mode

VIP icon on leaderboards

Edited by Exxan
  • Agree 5

The "Find matches" screen should have some kind of indicator that the game is still.... working, GRID 2 had a spinning thing in the corner, in GRID 2019 there's a bit of smoke in the background but it goes away after a few seconds and doesn't come back.

image.png.5ab2ed7288849926d9d1f8de8ac19898.png

• Agree 1

On 10/8/2019 at 2:08 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Alongside the usual tracking of your feedback regarding in-game content, I'm also keen to see what you'd like added to GRID! 

Whether it's modes, features, a new option in the menus, or a car/circuit, feel free to drop your suggestions into here, which I'll then collate and regularly run by the GRID team. 

Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions, but stuff like this really helps us know where to focus our efforts for future GRID content. 

Thank you 🙂

Here are other suggestions I'd like to chime in (for PC:

1. Fix the rain effects. Sometimes it looks like rain is falling in batches. That's not how rain  works.

2. Introduce an option to have races be extended.

3. Chase camera height and distance from car should be adjustable.

4. Using assists and difficulty should come with a reward system.

5. Bring back split screen on PC. It was a great feature in Autosport.

6. Hot-lapping should have more than 1 lap, just like in Autosport. That made the game more challenging.

7. Have in-race objectives like in Autosport.

8. More tracks please (Hockenheim, Mazda, Suzuka, Nurburg ring, etc)

9. Polish the ultra HD texture-packs. The game just looks like a DLC of Autosport. So outdated.

10. Introduce Rally Cross (If Dirt 4 and Rally can have it I see no reason not to have it here)

11. More indurance races (can you please just make it a whole category of events?)

12. Ghosts in Free-play with a test-drive mode.

13. Introduce test-drive mode in the quick-tune menu

• Agree 1

GRID 2 had a "test car" thing in the garage where you could drive a car around a test track (I forgot which one it was). With the big selection of cars in GRID it would be nice to have such a thing, maybe even a dedicated test track that's part oval, part curvy track, part crash test/break check/drag strip area

• Agree 2

AI is inconsistent. The drive well in some tracks and very slow in others.

Also, need something more difficult than “very hard”

Edited by David Hurt
  • Agree 4

Multiplayer... The new system is nice but rather limited. I suggest class choice. I really don't like going from mini to GT to stockcars. Possibility to make a privately created session "public" would also help.

• Agree 1

So far what I've heard is the grid 2019 is not like the old one. They took away the crash mechanics and feeling when the car land back to the asphalt giving that first person effect of shaking around. I guess more tracks and cars will come in a future update and HOPE they add back those missing features thats what make the first grid so AWESOME!!

• Agree 1

While the game lacks a lot of things, there are 2 major things that need to be addressed IMO:

1. career race length

Without the option to run longer races in singleplayer, career is not that fun.

Why did you think that the race should consist of TWO laps, on a circuit with lap time around 1 minute?

I hated when Project Cars 2 forced me to run 2h races in career, but 2 minute races are just as bad.

You don't even have time to learn the track, chase the bots or just have fun, it's over after just few turns.

This is one of the worst design decisions that you took when working on singleplayer aspect of the game.

Please, give us the option to set the number of laps manually. We don't even need better rewards for longer races.

2. weekly challenges

This one will make or break this game IMO.

The reason why Grid 2 and Grid Autosport still had active players after so many years, was this.

I had a blast when trying to beat my friends in time attacks or other events in weekly challenges, and doing those weeklys gave me nice XP/Money bonus.

This NEEDS to come back, with working ghostcars and full leaderboards.

I just hope you'll support this game better than you supported Autosport.

I can live with nonexistant car damage model, half functional livery editor, and the worst replay model of all GRID games... but if you could work on those too, that would be very nice 🙂

• Agree 6

3 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks everyone for their suggestions so far - I'm putting together an official doc for this so keep 'em coming 🙂

Thanks for the response, Chris.

Is there a chance you would be sharing this doc with us and outline the "Known Issues" with their status, and a "We're looking at" or "To be addressed" list?

If people were to see that their concerns are being looked at or evaluated it may make them feel better about having those concerns.. especially when the game plays so good!

• Agree 4

Please make improvements to mp . Like a list of public lobbies. So we can make our own choices to car r track etc ext . Thanks

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, mojoe_x said:

Thanks for the response, Chris.

Is there a chance you would be sharing this doc with us and outline the "Known Issues" with their status, and a "We're looking at" or "To be addressed" list?

If people were to see that their concerns are being looked at or evaluated it may make them feel better about having those concerns.. especially when the game plays so good!

Many reasons why I can't do that, one of which is that it would be outdated within minutes, as we're constantly making adjustments and steps forward with certain topics 🙂

We have multiple get-togethers every week to look at community-reported feedback and assess what can/should be done to address it. But on top of that, we've always got one eye on here and all other official channels to see what's working well and what should be prioritised 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So far what I've heard is the grid 2019 is not like the old one. They took away the crash mechanics and feeling when the car land back to the asphalt giving that first person effect of shaking around. I guess more tracks and cars will come in a future update and HOPE they add back those missing features thats what make the first grid so AWESOME!!

I played the game lastnight and didnt like the way it looks graphics wise,sort of upset it a way. 😔 Have to give it another try today.

29 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Many reasons why I can't do that, one of which is that it would be outdated within minutes, as we're constantly making adjustments and steps forward with certain topics 🙂

We have multiple get-togethers every week to look at community-reported feedback and assess what can/should be done to address it. But on top of that, we've always got one eye on here and all other official channels to see what's working well and what should be prioritised 🙂

I appreciate that. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Contrary to the above, you should really be taking any opportunity to address some of the more important issues. Just saying "we're looking at whatever people are saying" isn't enough for things that are serious impacts to the game experience. These are really deserving of a more official statement or announcement.

For example;

• Timing, lap and start line bugs in Multiplayer. Have you found the cause? Can we expect a fix? And when?
  • Many people unable to find populated lobbies in multiplayer. Is there a common cause? A known issue? Anything that can be done to fix or work around this?
  • People unable to launch the game with DX12 issues. Have you found the cause? Is there a fix expected? Is there a workaround?

Most other things here I appreciate are feature requests or changes to the game - and that does fall in line with what you've mentioned.

There's a difference between "We'll look into adding these features in the future" and "This is a very important issue that's detrimental to the game experience and we're looking at resolving this ASAP".

Edited by mojoe_x

We really need some form of HDR calibration in the display settings. Just having a single screen with three GRID logos and an overall brightness toggle doesn't really cut it. The glare from the sun in this game is way too much anyway, but without proper HDR calibration you literally can't see anything on the track. Worse case being on the run through Maggots/Becketts at Silverstone, but it's definitely not the only place it occurs.

I'm new to GRID (Xbox 1X, G920), so I'm spending most of my time in FREE PLAY to learn tracks and vehicles.  I'm really, really, disappointed to see how little I earn after a 5 lap race.  In career, I'm winning gobs of credits for 3 Laps (agree this should be changeable), but in FREE PLAY, it's petty cash.

Not a major issue right now, because I can go into Career Mode and win credits, but what happens when that's done?  There doesn't seem to be any incentive to race in FREE PLAY.

Also, minor issue, but why does my GRID Edition Corvette look like I ran it through a meat blender at the start of each race?  Obviously, this is planned, but to me, my car should be pristine at the beginning of a race.

BTW, racing is very enjoyable in this game... Good Job!

• Agree 1

On 10/9/2019 at 12:55 AM, RagingBeard said:

But some cars are sequential, and like in Dirt Rally we shouldn't need to change transmission in settings to suit the car, it should be automatic.

That's right, but keeping in mind that the new GRiD is not a simulator but a semi-sim arcade racer, it's fine by me, but if you want that opportunity to let the game choose type of transmission pattern you should use by vehicle type, then you should try playing some Assetto Corsa, it does that and thats a sim-racer, so as long this game is not a sim racer i can't see why they should implement it at all.

Add to the menu:

• Anisotropic Filtering multipilier
  • Multisampling multiplier
  • Bloom & Motion Blur toggles
  • Other Antialiasing types than just TAA

In current state the game looks blurry compared to DR2.0, where I could adjust all these settings and forget about similar blurry visuals because of initial 'out of the box' configuration.
I find myself blinking constantly in order to see a clearer picture.
Tampering with config in XML file helps a lot, but all these features should be in-game.

• Agree 4

On replays in Grid AutoSport & Dirt Rally 2.0 with the Chase cam (1st one) you can free cam around the car on the move. On this GRID 2019 game it is a static replay. 

Is this something that is not working or could be implemented back in place? I found this very handy for videos and screen captures (While there is no photo mode) etc 👍

Edited by torque99uk
  • Agree 3

Please add custom PUBLIC lobbies (just like a private lobby except anyone online can join off of a searchable screen).  Codies have had these in every GRID and DiRT game in the past.  Each custom public lobby needs to have a user created label so players know what the focus of the lobby will be.  To make this easy just copy/paste the lobby system from GRID2.  Also, please remove ai from quickmatch.  AI ruins every race.  We go online to race other players only.    Thanks! 

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Could you please suggest that the Grid team adds a "update/patches" and "features roadmap" to the official Grid 2019 site so that we can be able to know which features have been added and are going to be added in the future?

• Agree 1

Also the Ferrari 430 Challenge cockpit engine audio is quite a bit quieter than the other cars could this be increased as it has one of the most awesome noisy V8 engines when I drove one last year on track when you are in the car  🏁

A small request I'd love to have Playstation buttons appear in-game when you're using a Dualshock 4 with the game, as it only shows a square and a number for a legacy controller mapping from what I'm guessing, would love it.

As a bigger suggestion I'd probably ask for more graphical options, like there are in F1 2019, if possible.

• Agree 1

First order of business should be fixing Multiplayer. There are so many different bugs and design choices which make no sense.
1. Why is there a button to cancel syncing with other players ?
2. Can't choose cockpit view when spectating.
3. End race video of podium only shows for spectators, not drivers.
4. Can't choose car when joining in the middle of a race.
5. Removing sponsors from livery doesn't work, they reappear.

Those are just a few examples, I've gotten a minute added to my finish time, had camera in sky during skirmish, and of course game crashing to name some more.
Design wise, from a driver finishing first to the next race starting takes about 2.3 minutes, this should be shorter. A 60 second end race timer would be better.

• Agree 1