F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

More bugs to the list

The server doesnt register correctly the positions at the end of the race sometimes.

The server doesnt give the correct points at the end of every race sometimes (pretty much every serie of 3 races has a problem, I won 2 races and a 2nd place and got finally 35 points...***?)

The server starts with random grid, in the first round, but after that, doesnt start with inverse race result grid, it makes another random grid, and sometimes same people can get 3 rounds starting from the top, which doesnt makes sense at all.

Pretty much every round, somebody get desync of start lights and start before the rest of the grid the countdown.

Podium is bugged, normally show the guy´s car that finished 2nd in the champ at the first position (The cards of the players seems to be on the right position)

Please put the option to modify your car (Design and setup before every race)

In a friendly manner,

redo the whole game. This feels like a demo for a mobile game. The Menu is a mess, we have no settings for MP or SP. Where is drift / drag / hillclimb / crash derby ?

The Car selection is nothing less then a joke. Sorry but it looks so obvious that a big amount got cut out to resell as dlc / ultimate edition content.

The Ai needs a complete overhaul / rework. On some tracks it just drives like a rocket and on other tracks it's like racing against people that barely find the pedals in their cars.

Graphics are washed out and look like the end of xbox 360 / ps3 era even on max PC settings.

Cars have weird specs. A ferrari going 240 while a skyline drives 150 in 2nd gear going up to 330 top speed in less then 10 seconds.

Sorry but my honest feedback. Redo the game. It's to clear that your main focus is on F1 and the pro series.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 10/8/2019 at 10:42 PM, imbbs said:

Various improvement suggestions:

• Free Play:
    • Remember choices after race ends, in case I want to tweak my event or play the same again

To add a few more menu inconsistencies

• Playing through "Tuner" career, the cursor jumps back to the very first Touring TC-2 event, which is annoying when using controller as main input (there's also no way to jump from the most left event "over" to the right)
  • After editing a livery or exiting livery editor (I forgot), jumps back to the first car in the list
  • Race car tuning menu: X button (Xbox 360 controller default) is for "reset", however X is "apply" everywhere else (e.g. in settings), also no way to cancel from a reset tune (have to do it all over, automatically applies)

Regarding AI: They mostly seem to drive in one big bunch, with finishing times almost the same +/- within a few seconds. This never happens in multiplayer (speaking from GRID 2 experience...), there's always some people way behind and way ahead

Edited by imbbs
  • Agree 1

Am I the only one who wants different HDR peak options for different TV sets or a toggle on or off in the options menu also a screen size adjuster dont get me wrong mine is fine but I just thought say even though it has not come up yet the game may not fit peoples TV screens properly or the HDR maybe off for different people with their TV alot of different TV picture options is always a good thing but apart from that I have had no issues & I am enjoying my experience with the game. I know people are not going to like this but the very easy difficulty is just right for me as I always play on very easy with all assissts on & I am winning races & qualifying in pole with ease as that is how I enjoy playing driving games with not much challenge or no challenge at all it should be about how different people play the games with all different skill levels. 

Edited by dangerousbrian0

I can't believe it was released late and you still didn't get it right. 

Should of concentrated more on the online side of things than career, seeing as it's the most popular subject. You would of known that if you had done proper research... 

Online needs a massive overhaul, get rid of quick match. Need public lobbies, need to be able to choose your event, just like grid 1. Basically everything grid 1 had you need to put in this, but must add a decent penalty system for the scumbags and cheaters. 

Autosport was in the right direction but the rating system was way too harsh, couldn't recognise a bump from a shunt etc. 

This all needs to be fixed within weeks or the game will soon be in all the bargain bins for a pound. 

And keep us updated, because at the end of the day we keep your franchise going. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, dangerousbrian0 said:

Am I the only one who wants different HDR peak options for different TV sets or a toggle on or off in the options menu also a screen size adjuster dont get me wrong mine is fine but I just thought say even though it has not come up yet the game may not fit peoples TV screens properly or the HDR maybe off for different people with their TV alot of different TV picture options is always a good thing but apart from that I have had no issues & I am enjoying my experience with the game. I know people are not going to like this but the very easy difficulty is just right for me as I always play on very easy with all assissts on & I am winning races & qualifying in pole with ease as that is how I enjoy playing driving games with not much challenge or no challenge at all it should be about how different people play the games with all different skill levels. 

You're not, I mentioned this earlier in the thread. The default HDR implementation is awful on my monitor and the glare makes it impossible to see in most cases.

I'd like to get back some features that previous games had.

1. Terminate  damage on AIs
   I noticed the AIs NEVER retire from races. That definitely adds some spice on the career standings.

2. Color Type
   We could adjust the colors as well as the type of them (metallic, matte, pearl etc.). When I tried making a white car, the game automatically turned it into silver 😕

3. More Open Wheel Race cars
   Definitely I miss the Dallara formula cars...

4. Sponsorship
    Even if the game doesn't offer many sponsors to choose from,  I'd like to put some logos on customized slots  and colors.

• Agree 5

5 hours ago, mangove1 said:

Online needs a massive overhaul, get rid of quick match. Need public lobbies, need to be able to choose your event, just like grid 1. Basically everything grid 1 had you need to put in this, but must add a decent penalty system for the scumbags and cheaters. 

Yeah. Totally agree! PUBLIC LOBBIES and at least class selection for quick match. Multiplayer is really disappointing as it is now

I would like to see some support for Cyrillic, Japanese, Chinese and other alphabets in the game.

image.png.2af404b16ed9118e8b9d939b04853004.png

Edited by imbbs
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Tat said:

I'd like to get back some features that previous games had.

1. Terminate  damage on AIs
   I noticed the AIs NEVER retire from races. That definitely adds some spice on the career standings.

2. Color Type
   We could adjust the colors as well as the type of them (metallic, matte, pearl etc.). When I tried making a white car, the game automatically turned it into silver 😕

3. More Open Wheel Race cars
   Definitely I miss the Dallara formula cars...

4. Sponsorship
    Even if the game doesn't offer many sponsors to choose from,  I'd like to put some logos on customized slots  and colors

The most important addition is custom lobbies,  if it not be added the game will die soon... 

I agree with the type of colors in custom liveries for some reason devs chose to have  almost only chrome colors (white looks silver ect) there are few liveries that have normal glossy color (i have unlocked about 6-7 liveries in each category of  liveries   and i have found only 2 or  3 liveries like that,   the white is pure white and not silver) Touring or GT cars in official circuits look very unrealistic in chrome colors,  come on cm its nor pimp my ride nor NFS here... Fix this please! 

I agree there must be more sponsors and players to select where to place them on car  like in GAS.... 

Really i dont see the reason why standard features of previous games are not included in new Grid    

Edited by Miatakias_GR

When crossing the line on MP, if you cross the line with the gamepad vibrating, the vibration doesnt dissapear until swaping to another round. 

Weekly tailored multiplayer

I,e. TC-2 one week then swap it for Modificed and so on

Weekly tailored Endurance multiplayer 

I,e. GT Class roughly 20-30mins long

My idea would be more to help stop multiplayer from getting stale and help keep numbers active 

And private lobbies can be made public and searchable by class

Loving the game thankyou 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi,

(sorry for my english, google translate)

so here are my requests / suggestions some of which have already been addressed by other people

- Improvement of the graphic quality, sometimes it is good and sometimes extremely vague, the rendering changes from one race to another (for info I speak of playstation 4)

- multiplayer lobby list (at a minimum) for those who are not interested in some cars category, and the top would be to be able to create public lobby

- no AI multiplayer, it's really unpleasant and annoying

- the simplicity of the settings of the car is very good, and unlike other comments on this forum I do not want it to be pushed further, otherwise it must take assetto corsa / project cars / rfactor ... and not a arcade game like Grid, on the other hand it would be nice if you change the tuning of the car for a circuit, the backup of this setting is specific for this circuit and not for the car in general as it is the case now, which requires having to remake the settings systematically (provided you remember :)

- the ranking of world and friendly times at the end of the races, this options is already available but to see them it is necessary to launch the replay and leave so that the times appear in the menu of end of race (always on playstation 4)

- a better visual in the race creation menu, an image of the select circuit, image of available cars from the select categories, which would be simpler when you do not know the name of all the circuits or all the cars in a category...

- the addition of a drift mode as in "Race Driver Grid" would also be apressable

- more of all bug fixes already known

PS: Despite the bug to change and improvements to be made, a big thank you to all the teams at Codies for the return of Grid, I've been waiting for many years, what a pleasure to be able to play this franchise since RaceDriverGrid, it's really cool and fun :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Hmm. I would say that I really would like to hear pit Chief from 'GRID 1'. Ten current one is rubbish. I simply turned him off.

I liked the one in GAS as well. But this one in the new game...just very bad.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, cpcdem said:

I liked the one in GAS as well. But this one in the new game...just very bad.

Definitely agree with you. That is why I turned him off. I cannot stand it. I thought that if ChrisGroves likes my idea, they will try to bring G1 pit chief to make my wish true. I don't know why it was so difficult and unfortunately I don't think they will ever replace him. With pit chief from classic GRID, the game would be perfectly perfect.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, mojoe_x said:

There's a difference between "We'll look into adding these features in the future" and "This is a very important issue that's detrimental to the game experience and we're looking at resolving this ASAP". 

You're right, but I think you're unfortunately misunderstanding my role. With community feedback I collate, report and suggest actions. What gets prioritised/investigated is not my decision. Also, not everything that's reported can be resolved. 

So I'll continue to do what I've been doing all week and weekend: assessing player feedback, seeing what the hot topics are, reporting this to our team, suggesting actions to take, and then passing on any info that I can back to players 🙂

• Like 4

So, I guess some small stuff that would make my life easier would just be two things. Not really sure how easy they are to do though

1- The option to just have your racing number and no livery at all. Just a one colour paint. Ran into that issue trying to make my RX7 yellow. 

2-The ability to load a preset for Freeplay so instead of having to go in and manually adjust all your races, drivers, time of day, rounds and locations you could instead do it once, save those settings, then pick that preset whenever you want to in Freeplay (if that makes sense). 

11 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

You're right, but I think you're unfortunately misunderstanding my role. With community feedback I collate, report and suggest actions. What gets prioritised/investigated is not my decision. Also, not everything that's reported can be resolved. 

So I'll continue to do what I've been doing all week and weekend: assessing player feedback, seeing what the hot topics are, reporting this to our team, suggesting actions to take, and then passing on any info that I can back to players 🙂

I misunderstand your role?
Hmm. I guess you (Codemasters) and we (the community) have very different ideas on how to keep us (the community) happy.
If it's your role, your job definition, to not engage with us on popular topics and known issues, then that's fine. But surely you (Codemasters) collectively, want to ensure that your customers are informed and satisfied? Wouldn't you want to take more action to ensure that the right information is being provided?
I just don't understand why there's so much resistance to keep us informed.. and before you point to any of your previous posts (which by the way, I appreciate more than having no responses at all), I don't mean the vague statements. We need specifics.

Simply creating a stickied thread in the forums with your curated list of information being reported is enough! It tells us that you've acknowledged it. From your comments, you already have this information to hand.. then the most active members of this community can use that as a reference for other people. I know SO many people on the discord now that are just crying out for some acknowledgement or information. To be able to point them to the thread of your collated community requests/issues.. that would be a great start.

Then if there's any updates from the internal teams you can update it. Surely that's in your best interest as well as ours?

Please don't take this as I'm telling you how to do your job either, because I'm not. I'm just speaking from experience as a 20+ year long customer of Codemasters and other gaming companies that, while they've had their issues, have saved face by being transparent and open with their community.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, mojoe_x said:

Please don't take this as I'm telling you how to do your job either, because I'm not. I'm just speaking from experience as a 20+ year long customer of Codemasters and other gaming companies that, while they've had their issues, have saved face by being transparent and open with their community.

Not sure you're quite picking up what I'm putting down here. I've just responded to you in another thread that covers a lot of this, but feel free to DM me if you want further details, as I don't want to further clog up this thread about future content suggestions. Thanks 🙂

• Agree 1

A suggestion you can take, fire senior management, the coders have created something really promising but it has been kicked out the door unfinished, untested and missing some basic multiplayer features that even toca 2 had!

When management doesn't like a game it gets a quiet release or even punted to early access like dirt, Grid was getting a quiet release until everyone got excited and all of a sudden it was delayed for promotion.

Edited by GavinMac
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GavinMac said:

A suggestion you can take, fire senior management, the coders have created something really promising but it has been kicked out the door unfinished, untested and missing some basic multiplayer features that even toca 2 had!

When management doesn't like a game it gets a quiet release or even punted to early access like dirt, Grid was getting a quiet release until everyone got excited and all of a sudden it was delayed for promotion.

Sorry about that.

That is up to higher up staff, not Chris.

• Disagree 1

Yeah, feel sorry for Chris, it will be more like battlefield than grid for him right now.  The coders have done an amazing job of the game so far, hopefully we can give them time to finish it.

• Agree 2

On 10/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks everyone for their suggestions so far - I'm putting together an official doc for this so keep 'em coming 🙂

Bug: When buying a car in multiplayer the game should reassign the slots. Now it gets confused about which car you selected. I.e. you bought a 3rd car, the 3rd slot is selected but the loan car is still there, not the new one.

Q: where do the player cards go?

Thanks

Edited by MrMadArnie