GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

I came here to record my discontent with the number of tracks on Grid 2019. But also leave a suggestion, if you Codemasters are not licensed to add more tracks, then release mods to add more tracks. Running backwards on a track is false, illusion, deceiving.

• Agree 1

Another feature missing, the option to start grid according to race results or inversed race results, as it was in grid 1, now random every round or according to level , doesnt have any sense in a champ of 3 races

After spending some hours in Private Match multiplayer, I would really like to see this implemented:

- GRID SIZE - you did it in freeplay, why not in private multi? If we're only 2-3 people, we don't need 13-14 bots in game, but 6 would be nice

- TUNING MENU - why tuning menu is not available within multiplayer at all? You can already use tuned car in multi, but you have to tune it outside of multiplayer lobby. 

- COLLISIONS - please add player collisions on/off for Time Attack mode

Multiplayer replays/photomode would be awesome, but I guess I'm asking too much here...

Edited by painisawarning
  • Agree 1

Also add in  public custom lobbies (if ever come) add assists on/off,  camera lock, kick vote,  damage rating like in gas, text chat,  spectator when you join lobby,  possibility the host to set name of lobby... No need to change anything in matchmaking leave it like that so all players will  search for fun in custom lobbies,  means more players to meet lol :classic_laugh:

Edited by Miatakias_GR

I know it’s been mentioned before, but the lack of proper time trials is a big miss for me. I know you can fudge them by choosing races without AI, but it’s not ideal at all. 

Also, can we see what a track looks like when we’re choosing one please? It’s hard to know which is which just by name alone. 

• Agree 1

Couple of things...

Headlights (bug): They don't work.  Xbox 1X, remapped headlights (blind) to the "A" button... when pressed, they just flash but don't stay on.  Makes it very difficult to drive some tracks at night.  (Note: Some tracks, the headlights are already on.)

Credits: Could you please re-format the Credits to appear with commas (or even periods) to make it a bit more readable?

Career: As mentioned several times, can Career races have an option for longer races?

Free Play: Could you please pay more for Free Play races?  1,000 Credits for 10 laps doesn't seem right when in career mode I make 40,000 for 3 laps.

Starting Grid: Can there be a way to view the starting grid?  The scrolling of the grid at race start isn't enough.

Observations:

I'm finding it very hard to play the game in third person (chase cam).  It appears to me that the cars center of gravity is in the center of the car rather than at the front wheels.  It's hard to explain, but in First Person (hood/bonnet view) the car turns correctly; in Third Person (Chase Cam), the car appears to turn at its center... Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by SourceCodeError
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SourceCodeError said:

Observations:

I'm finding it very hard to play the game in third person (chase cam).  It appears to me that the cars center of gravity is in the center of the car rather than at the front wheels.  It's hard to explain, but in First Person (hood/bonnet view) the car turns correctly; in Third Person (Chase Cam), the car appears to turn at its center... Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes , and it doesnt work pivoting in the centre of the car like that.

Can you please go back, play the First Grid in cockpit view and take NOTES then APPLY them to you're new game(Grid2019). The Quality level and attention to Detail in this new game compared to the original is so bad and I would have thought it would have been much better, because you made such a great game with the first Grid. Also the hole aspect of the career mode now does not make you feel apart of the race or team you are building. Right down to the Crew Chief/Team mate not talking to you as much giving you a play by play during the race. Other details that have been mentioned already in this chat, are just a few that I have found and are just coming out as the Game has only been live for a couple of Days now.  

• Agree 2

Improve the ai at Hard difficulty and make them faster
Add the Same drift Mode like in the First grid

Add a Option to select the Laps in Carrer Mode 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I have a little suggestion. If you are viewing a replay after the race and you accidentally hit the back button B twice instead of pressing A to continue it restarts the whole race 😭.

Could there be a secondary question i.e Are you sure you would like to restart? etc I am not sure if I press too quick eager to carry on the races or anyone else has found this but it has happened to me more than a few times 👍

• Agree 1

GRAPHICS OPTIONS!

Mainly post processing stuff like turning off chromatic abberation, lens flair, bloom, blur, DOF effect, etc

• Agree 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, SanGanchaoo said:

Another feature missing, the option to start grid according to race results or inversed race results, as it was in grid 1, now random every round or according to level , doesnt have any sense in a champ of 3 races

The current system (in single player at least) inverts the race results for the next race's grid order.

Just now, TimothyAlexBit said:

The current system (in single player at least) inverts the race results for the next race's grid order.

im talking about multiplayer dude...

• Agree 1

Another request:

Navigation Map (Mini Map in bottom left during race): It's too large (zoomed in) to see what's coming up.  I have noticed that before I see a turn on the Map I can see the turn approaching ahead.  Shouldn't the Navigation Map show me what's coming up?  Shouldn't it show me a whole section of the track so I can anticipate turns, bends, chicanes, straights, and the like?

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:32 AM, SanGanchaoo said:

More bugs to the list

The server doesnt register correctly the positions at the end of the race sometimes.

The server doesnt give the correct points at the end of every race sometimes (pretty much every serie of 3 races has a problem, I won 2 races and a 2nd place and got finally 35 points...***?)

The server starts with random grid, in the first round, but after that, doesnt start with inverse race result grid, it makes another random grid, and sometimes same people can get 3 rounds starting from the top, which doesnt makes sense at all.

Pretty much every round, somebody get desync of start lights and start before the rest of the grid the countdown.

Podium is bugged, normally show the guy´s car that finished 2nd in the champ at the first position (The cards of the players seems to be on the right position)

Please put the option to modify your car (Design and setup before every race)

Hi there - as noted, please submit any bugs you've spotted to the Technical Assistance page, and follow the guidelines I've put on there to give us every chance of being able to investigate these further. Thanks 🙂

4 minutes ago, TimothyAlexBit said:

Still no communication from the technical team about addressing issues. Really concerning...

There's communication all over the Forums on the steps we've taken so far, and more is on the way. If you need something looking at personally, chuck it in Technical Assistance and follow the guidelines to help us look into it further, or @ me and I'll look to get back to you ASAP. 🙂

• Agree 1

Fix the transition issue when starting a qualifying lap, jarring.

Stop the looping of the announcers when you exit the qualifying lap.

Need a setting to control race length in career mode.

Extras: Career mode has no personality, bland & is a significant step back. Probably can't fix it now but hopefully next time you guys take more inspiration from your F1 games and first 2 Grid games.

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi there - as noted, please submit any bugs you've spotted to the Technical Assistance page, and follow the guidelines I've put on there to give us every chance of being able to investigate these further. Thanks 🙂

Done, hope it will help.

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

There's communication all over the Forums on the steps we've taken so far, and more is on the way. If you need something looking at personally, chuck it in Technical Assistance and follow the guidelines to help us look into it further, or @ me and I'll look to get back to you ASAP. 🙂

I think he is talking about a date, we know you said "soon" will be fixed, but you know, "soon" is too unespecific, for somebody "soon" could be one month, for another one 1 day, its so ambiguous. I know, people are not happy with anything...but you guys launch a game that was not finished, and you need to understand that some users are angry and they are in their right to be like that and they can´t be blamed about it, but every day that pass, people want to know about progress, or they think are getting cheated.

I understand your side, and the point that you guys are not able to give a exact date because this is not something you can calculate exactly, and if you say a date and you dont acomplish the date you will be in more problems with us, but you guys need to understand something, EVERY day you pass without giving us news, fix, or progress, every day you lost players on your game base, and I think none of us want that.

The numbers are already pretty bad, with a max peak of 1k people on PC on day launch and 500 peak average per day, and every day are getting worst, with a game life of one week and with same numbers than grid 2, a game of 2013 with 6 years, that for mayority is considered the worst of the saga behind the original grid and GAS.

With all my respect, hope you guys will be consequent with the magnitude of the problem you are dealing with, I am not trying to be agressive or push more the things out of the way but I think the problem is pretty big when multi features of the game, where not finished.

So if you cant give us info about the progress, then the company maybe has to spent some extra money on extra shifts to get the problem solved ASAP. I really dont know what is the solution the company has to take, and I know maybe you are not the person to tell they guy in charge to get extra shifts, contract extra people to solve the problems or whatever, but CM have to fix the problem ASAP or the game will die on their first month (Not trying to be tragic, as I said, numbers are there, and are not going to be better until you do something drastic before the end of this weekend as much late) 

I really hope you will have good news for us soon, again, with all my respect.

And I know you are not resposible for the final product, and you are bored to get complains every day about the same things, but you have to understand that you are the link between your company and us, and we need to pass our demands and worries to somebody.

• Agree 2

"Priority one
Insure return of 60fps for PS4.
All other considerations secondary.
Crew expendable."

—MOTHER's order directives

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

19 hours ago, SanGanchaoo said:

And I know you are not resposible for the final product, and you are bored to get complains every day about the same things, but you have to understand that you are the link between your company and us, and we need to pass our demands and worries to somebody.

I do, I have, and I will continue to do so. 🙂

Dates aren't given out for any changes we plan because for every considered, fair response understanding that plans change, you get plenty more that just get annoyed. I'd rather wait until a date is nailed down and keep things tidy 🙂 

Steamworks feature, should be fairly easy to implement:

Right click on a friend already playing and be able to join their MP session, should be easier to make bigger lobbies, this way we don't disturb racers for an invite while they're racing.

Can already do that, the issue is if you only have 3-4 friends who play, we want others to join the session.  Currently our only option is to have "friends only" or "invite only", which is utterly pointless.

• Agree 1