GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

^^

I wish the car setup menu had all the options Grid Autosprt has... 2019 has no differential, downforce, suspensions option for front and rear so tbh we can´t really change the cars balance/ turn in/out behavior in 2019 with so much missing and only be able to have it stiffer or softer overall and the steps in between min/max are also very limited with 2 compared to 10 in Grid AS...

fa57c3b5b737a6c5445a054bce9a69cc-700.jpg

• Agree 8

i wish that the weekly challengers coming back and it would be awesome the leaderboards are crossed with all platforms but thats a bonus request, weekly challengers first

• Agree 3

On 10/8/2019 at 2:08 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Alongside the usual tracking of your feedback regarding in-game content, I'm also keen to see what you'd like added to GRID! 

Whether it's modes, features, a new option in the menus, or a car/circuit, feel free to drop your suggestions into here, which I'll then collate and regularly run by the GRID team. 

Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions, but stuff like this really helps us know where to focus our efforts for future GRID content. 

Thank you 🙂

Hi boss,

just an idea for the thread, everytime i write a suggestion or i read something interesting from Others i have the vibe like is all wasted time ("Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions"). To make things more interesting and also reward our contribution, you should update the OP post with a list of all suggestion are actually taken into development, with updates on the status. 

This way we know what is going on with future patch and fixes. 

example:

First patch hotfix work in progress contents, estimated release date .. .. .. :

- possibility to have public custom lobby in multiplayer

- on off switch for ai multiplayer

- built in text chat 

- etc

- etc

Edited by FlashStealth
  • Agree 2

Sure is baffling how the same guys who made Dirt and F1 gave us something so underdeveloped online features wise. Previous installments single player was lacking so that was kinda fixed. But the multiplayer, which was good as it had always been, was neglected. Focus of this series has to be put back to player interaction, not artificial. It did not have to be give one, take one.

• Agree 6

On 10/8/2019 at 8:08 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Alongside the usual tracking of your feedback regarding in-game content, I'm also keen to see what you'd like added to GRID! 

Whether it's modes, features, a new option in the menus, or a car/circuit, feel free to drop your suggestions into here, which I'll then collate and regularly run by the GRID team. 

Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions, but stuff like this really helps us know where to focus our efforts for future GRID content. 

Thank you 🙂

Hey @ChrisGrovesMCM!

Long time Codies fan here (since the TOCA days) but my first time on the forums. The new Grid is certainly lean on content but I can see it becoming incredible with the right support.

Feature/Content Requests:

1. Track Request: Bathurst. Some of my fondest memories from the more recent GRID titles have come from endless laps of Mt Panorama. The insanity of the track marries well with the dramatic racing in 2019's GRID. The extremely exciting inclusion of modern V8 Supercars in the title is just another reason why this track would be a welcome addition. 

2. Car Request: 2019 Ford Mustang Supercar. I respect licences are difficult but having a mustang to compliment the ZB Commodore would really complete the package, especially if Bathurst is added. The inclusion of the FG Falcon at launch was a welcome surprise though, I'm really glad the team have included Australian motorsport!

3. Car Request: S5000. I was excited to see open-wheelers in GRID 2019. However, neither the JEDI F1000 or Renault F1 offer the racing brutality I expected in this GRID title. GRID could really do with a big, angry open wheeler that is both amazing to look at but a handful to drive. The newly launched S5000 series in Australia would be an incredible addition to GRID. Hopefully, the infancy of the series would also make a licence agreement easier to achieve. See the S5000 highlight package below if you are unfamiliar with the cars.

4. Feature Request: Increase Career Race Distance. I know I'm far from the first to ask this, but I would also like to see an option to increase the Career race distance. I understand that GRID targets a more casual audience, but having longer races as an option would be great. In fact, I've put the game down while waiting for this change in the hope I will be able to maximise my time/enjoyment in the career mode. 

5. Technical Request: Force Feedback. Once again, I know GRID targets a casual audience and I'm super happy I can use my Thrustmaster TMX wheel at all. I don't normally run very heavy FFB but the feedback is extremely weak even for my liking (everything is turned up to the max). If it's possible, I would like to see the strength increased.

Thanks for the great game and engaging the community as it continues to evolve. I hope some of my suggestions are considered along with the great ideas already shared here in the forums!

Edited by midge96
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

It's frustrating when you do not know how things stand? The appearance of the game I have played for 8 hours and not more than a week because it is just boring 😴 

That should not exist if the game is new and fun 🤔🤨

Edited by ActiveTransXP

Hi I play timetrial like a lonely pony .

there are so many missed features but I love the game so please could you address some of them . 

1. Where is ghost cars from top laps ? 

2. Menu for checking leaderboards is annoying. If I go back after seeing a time I have to search through all tracks and class types again . 

3. There should be a timetrial section already setup which saves my best time so I’m not spending more minutes reaching my best time to then spend more time trying to beat it .

4. On global leaderboards there should be a menu system like R1 L1 for cycling through all stages in each class . So I can see what stages need my WR . 

5. Small detail, terminals and flashbacks should invalidate  lap time for the particular lap.

6.in timetrial there should be the option to display track top times . So I can see how much I’m off per section.

7. Gear changes are ridiculously sluggish.

8. I hate comparing games but the last best racing title in this genre is driveclub maybe have a look at their setup for timetrial . 

9. I know that timetrial isn’t important to you guys , but it’s what people turn to when they are bored of campaigning. Having an active and well structured world leaderboard gives us something to work for . 

Evil nemesis ghosts eeking .005 , making one botched gear change and having the top ghost pull a half car in front is what it’s all about for me 

• Agree 6

I have got some questions:

1. Does anybody know, how to get the livery for Ford Mustang Mach 1 like this...

maxresdefault.jpg.5d298ee1b94e780e78b30a9e44878e57.jpg

… or was this only in pre-alpha?

2. Is there Demolition Derby or Jupiter Eagleray mK5, which appears in the game is only for Skirmish?

2 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Does anybody know, how to get the livery for Ford Mustang Mach 1 like this...

Have a look through the Livery patterns in-game, you should even be able to see what the locked ones look like.

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Have a look through the Livery patterns in-game, you should even be able to see what the locked ones look like.

I did that and haven't found what I wanted. So I don't know, what is the problem with this livery.

I had a quick look through the liveries as well, it's not in there. That's the stock livery, which is not customizable, but has a different colour in that video/screenshot than in the game.

Edited by imbbs

6 minutes ago, imbbs said:

I had a quick look through the liveries as well, it's not in there. That's the stock livery, which is not customizable, but has a different colour in that video/screenshot than in the game.

So what? I don't get it. I will have got to check it on my own.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

You can't have the green livery from the screenshot. The default (stock livery, see screenshot) is blue, you can not change the colour. There is no other livery that looks like it.

image.png.ece4ddc7fe3b73790b67c8d99b037f7a.png

And to your 2nd point, yes the Eagleray Mk5 is Skirmish only. You can't select it in Free Play, also can not customize or modify it. 😞

Edited by imbbs
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, imbbs said:

You can't have the green livery from the screenshot. The default (stock livery, see screenshot) is blue, you can not change the colour. There is no other livery that looks like it.

image.png.ece4ddc7fe3b73790b67c8d99b037f7a.png

And to your 2nd point, yes the Eagleray Mk5 is Skirmish only. You can't select it in Free Play, also can not customize or modify it. 😞

So whaaaat??? Is it a joke? So why in the video there is green one? Is it just in pre-alpha? Maybe unfortunately it is. One thing is clear that the content is missing very much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Could it be the sunset changing the hue of the blue however?

Good thinking Tierney. I will check that. By doing this I will avoid disappointment. 😉 

• Thanks 1

- I finished the game. I think is very good, there are a lot of classes, lot of new cars to play with it, some tracks are really fun. But i would talk about some things that can be adressed and changed to be a better game. I will mix the good and the not so good (let me put that way).

- Career:
1- It should have more events or at least more well split between classes. Like the "Tuner" you only have 2 events with the World Time Attack class and the cars are super expensive.
2- The payouts should be a little better.
3- It's repetitive in a not good way, it's not envolving like GRID 1 or 2.
4- The progression is good, although some of the acolades i think they are bugged right now and you can't unlock some of the liveries.
5- No sponsors deals on the cars like GRID 1 and 2.

-Customization:
1- It's good to have a lot of liveries but it's missing not having different kinds of paint for all liveries like: matte, gloss, pearlescent, chrome, carbon (why not?), whatever you guys can put in the game is welcome. Some liveries are gloss only, or chrome only and the secondary options are gloss you can't match. It's unfortunatelly. It's a minimal problem but it's unfortunatelly.
2- Missing those wheels from GRID 2. Ok, maybe some manufactures don't allowed you to change and that's ok, but still.
3- Change the wheel colour of some cars like the Porsche 917/30 for example. You can match with a custom livery because it's always blue.
4- Noticed that at least on the Plymouth Cuda AAR the liveries on the splitter are misaglined.
5- Some cars you can change the liveries at all like the Nissan S13, S15 and R32.

- Physics:
- I play the game on PC with a XBox One controller. Despite like the game the way it is, i really like the older titles more in terms of fun driving. Some cars feels like that has no grip when accelerating especially on 3rd gear getting out of corners. Maybe for wheel users this is not a huge problems but for controller and keyboard users i see a little bit more of a problem on the precision. It feels like you have to configure a TC, ABS, steering linearity and all those advanced setting diferently for each car to get most out of it and that's a lit bit of a pain. Some cars are great to drive like the GTE cars or the Ferrari 512 BB LM is just a dream and you can go on and on. But others like the Muscles, or the Super Tourers are just not fun to drive. Please don't get me wrong i don't want that all cars be the same or have all the grip but they be fun to drive. The Porsche 935 is too light at the front at high speeds, the Ford GT is too light compared to the Ferrari 330, the Porsche 917 has too much oversteer compared to the Mclaren M8D...

- Multiplayer:
- I think people already said enough about this topic, but here we go: we should be able to host our own lobbies, with our own rules, be able to choose AI or not.

- Leaderboard:
- People was talking about the possibility of a cross plattaform times. Would be cool. Another neat feature would be a filter for controller, keyboard, wheel users and all mixed up of course.

- Wishes:
- Most of them i already post as things that can be changed but here 2 more:
1- GT3 class. Could be added inside on the invitational class.
2- At least one Lamborghini. Camon! There is no one! (XD)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

37 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Could it be the sunset changing the hue of the blue however?

That is weird. I checked the livery and it is not because of sunset. This default livery looks just almost the same. Have a look.

70868814_Beztytuu.thumb.png.8aede262139c0017b065bb9f603fe535.png

Pre-alpha.

20191019184958_1.thumb.jpg.49a927bb49a499f693f88b8cb6af21c9.jpg

Current version.

It is a pity. The green one looked better than the blue one.

27 minutes ago, NinoRQC said:

- I finished the game. I think is very good, there are a lot of classes, lot of new cars to play with it, some tracks are really fun. But i would talk about some things that can be adressed and changed to be a better game. I will mix the good and the not so good (let me put that way).

- Career:
1- It should have more events or at least more well split between classes. Like the "Tuner" you only have 2 events with the World Time Attack class and the cars are super expensive.
2- The payouts should be a little better.
3- It's repetitive in a not good way, it's not envolving like GRID 1 or 2.
4- The progression is good, although some of the acolades i think they are bugged right now and you can't unlock some of the liveries.
5- No sponsors deals on the cars like GRID 1 and 2.

-Customization:
1- It's good to have a lot of liveries but it's missing not having different kinds of paint for all liveries like: matte, gloss, pearlescent, chrome, carbon (why not?), whatever you guys can put in the game is welcome. Some liveries are gloss only, or chrome only and the secondary options are gloss you can't match. It's unfortunatelly. It's a minimal problem but it's unfortunatelly.
2- Missing those wheels from GRID 2. Ok, maybe some manufactures don't allowed you to change and that's ok, but still.
3- Change the wheel colour of some cars like the Porsche 917/30 for example. You can match with a custom livery because it's always blue.
4- Noticed that at least on the Plymouth Cuda AAR the liveries on the splitter are misaglined.
5- Some cars you can change the liveries at all like the Nissan S13, S15 and R32.

- Physics:
- I play the game on PC with a XBox One controller. Despite like the game the way it is, i really like the older titles more in terms of fun driving. Some cars feels like that has no grip when accelerating especially on 3rd gear getting out of corners. Maybe for wheel users this is not a huge problems but for controller and keyboard users i see a little bit more of a problem on the precision. It feels like you have to configure a TC, ABS, steering linearity and all those advanced setting diferently for each car to get most out of it and that's a lit bit of a pain. Some cars are great to drive like the GTE cars or the Ferrari 512 BB LM is just a dream and you can go on and on. But others like the Muscles, or the Super Tourers are just not fun to drive. Please don't get me wrong i don't want that all cars be the same or have all the grip but they be fun to drive. The Porsche 935 is too light at the front at high speeds, the Ford GT is too light compared to the Ferrari 330, the Porsche 917 has too much oversteer compared to the Mclaren M8D...

- Multiplayer:
- I think people already said enough about this topic, but here we go: we should be able to host our own lobbies, with our own rules, be able to choose AI or not.

- Leaderboard:
- People was talking about the possibility of a cross plattaform times. Would be cool. Another neat feature would be a filter for controller, keyboard, wheel users and all mixed up of course.

- Wishes:
- Most of them i already post as things that can be changed but here 2 more:
1- GT3 class. Could be added inside on the invitational class.
2- At least one Lamborghini. Camon! There is no one! (XD)

Alright. And do you know whether we can unlock Ravenwest Motorsport livery?

How to get to know all racetracks as a beginner without getting gray hair. In any race against other drivers who only go for 1-4 laps? It would have to give a free training for all routes, where you can also test all the tuning settings.

Edited by ActiveTransXP

On 10/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, FlashStealth said:

Hi boss,

just an idea for the thread, everytime i write a suggestion or i read something interesting from Others i have the vibe like is all wasted time ("Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions"). To make things more interesting and also reward our contribution, you should update the OP post with a list of all suggestion are actually taken into development, with updates on the status. 

This way we know what is going on with future patch and fixes. 

example:

First patch hotfix work in progress contents, estimated release date .. .. .. :

- possibility to have public custom lobby in multiplayer

- on off switch for ai multiplayer

- built in text chat 

- etc

- etc

Lots of us have been asking for this but sadly Codemasters is unwilling to be transparent

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, MrMadArnie said:

Lots of us have been asking for this but sadly Codemasters is unwilling to be transparent

i know, as i suppose they readed and ignored again. Is about transparency and can be good to build a real cooperation based on community.

It feels like a joke, all people suggestion are so good and detailed, and everything ends with a  "Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions".

I think since people paid a lot of money for this half finished game, i think we must know what is the actual content taken into development from suggestion. So i'm not saying that all suggestion must be addressed, just cm should write a list of the ones they choose to develop. So at least we know there is a relationship customers-softwarehouse. Otherwise is just time lost.

Edited by FlashStealth
write balls with one L