DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... √ó

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

Ich spiele seit zwei Tagen Grid 2019, hab 70% durch, warte vergeblich auf die erste Drift Challenge ... ist doch schlie√ülich der unterhaltsame Part des Spiels. Sollte bald mal an Start gehen, was deren Neuauflage angeht .... kein drift, dann ''NFS'' ūüėĪ- sind die wohl die Kotmaster¬†

Edited by Hafendante

Little suggestion from me. As you most probably will make some patches for this game, could you write Patch notes like DiRT team does with 'DiRT Rally 2.0'? It would be easier to follow your progres.

• Agree 3

21 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

And do you know whether we can unlock Ravenwest Motorsport livery?

Yes.

Defeat Ravenwest and you'll unlock the livery on the cars they use.

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Yes.

Defeat Ravenwest and you'll unlock the livery on the cars they use.

Yeaaah. Cool. And thanks a lot that you agree that patch notes are needed. I think that it will come as fast as it is possible. Also I still hope that yet they will change pit¬† chief to the classic one I suggested with the patch as the current one is just rubbish, not only to my mind but also to other ones. ūüĎ欆

On 10/19/2019 at 10:37 PM, FlashStealth said:

i know, as i suppose they readed and ignored again. Is about transparency and can be good to build a real cooperation based on community.

It feels like a joke, all people suggestion are so good and detailed, and everything ends with a  "Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions".

I think since people paid a lot of money for this half finished game, i think we must know what is the actual content taken into development from suggestion. So i'm not saying that all suggestion must be addressed, just cm should write a list of the ones they choose to develop. So at least we know there is a relationship customers-softwarehouse. Otherwise is just time lost.

Yeah. Codemasters are obviously still in the 00's and did not pay attention to how other game companies communicate these days. A real pity...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

My fear with this is that it'll only get minor bug fixes and the season pass content and then Codies will move on, like they usually do. I wish they'd revamp their games when they're received poorly. Look at titles like Driveclub, which launched in a very rough under developed state, it received a near complete overhaul, got tonnes of content and features and has become a legendary racing game.

I'd suggest you do the early access model for future DiRT Rally and GRiD Autosport titles at least, so you get the community feedback before the game launches.

I just want Codies to put more time into their games, cramming as many features in as possible. This game is so bare bones, it's as if you wrote a list of every feature from any previous games, then crossed almost everything off it! And don't hold so much back for season passes, it feels piecemealed

Edited by BenRogue
  • Agree 4

Ok so first off, really love the game! Makes you feel like a Race Driver while still being fun to play.

But, there is room for improvement. The following ideas are things that I think will make the game better:

- "SERVER BROWSER" in the Multiplayer tab in between the "Quick Match" and "Private Match" tabs. This should allow players to browse, select or host lobbies.

- "DAILY OBJECTIVES". Players need a reason to come back to a game and daily objectives like "Finish a TC-2 event" or "Finish a race without taking any damage" give a reason for       players to come back to the game and try something different from what they normally do. 

- "CLUBS" tab in place of the "PlayStation Store"/"Xbox Live" store etc tabs. Players want to game socially and there should be a mechanism for players to do that in-game. With       this, there should be an option for players to have a 'clan tag' shown next to their gamer tag. Let players represent their club! The "Store" tabs should be placed on the bottom-     left of the main menu screen, opposite the "SELECT" button, and should be mapped to the "Triangle button" (for PlayStation) and "Y" button (for Xbox).

- "CAR WASH". It's really cool to see your car get dirtier the more you use and race it, but there are some cars I prefer to be 'clean'. A car wash option in the "Garage" tab in "Player     Profile" would be nice.

These are the things I would like to see implemented in some way into GRID (2019). Reading through the discussion board everyone seems to have either the same or similar wants to what I have, so fingers crossed someone takes notice!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, BenRogue said:

My fear with this is that it'll only get minor bug fixes and the season pass content and then Codies will move on, like they usually do. I wish they'd revamp their games when they're received poorly. Look at titles like Driveclub, which launched in a very rough under developed state, it received a near complete overhaul, got tonnes of content and features and has become a legendary racing game.

I'd suggest you to do the early access model for future DiRT Rally and GRiD Autosport titles at least, so you get the community feedback before the game launches.

I just want Codies to put more time into their games, cramming as many features in as possible. This game is so bare bones, it's as if you wrote a list of every feature from any previous games, then crossed almost everything off it! And don't hold so much back for season passes, it feels piecemealed

if cm not change develop method an early access game with community feedback would turn into a nightmare… just they will never do that. 

55 minutes ago, BenRogue said:

I'd suggest you do the early access model for future DiRT Rally and GRiD Autosport titles at least, so you get the community feedback before the game launches.

When it comes to early access, the problem is, recently they give us only 3-4 days of early access. So it is not enough to bring such changes like for example the year of early access release. If you followed 'DiRT Rally' from the very beginning, you understand what I mean. 'DiRT Rally' is the example of the game made with the community.

31 minutes ago, Lee-CS-35 said:

Ok so first off, really love the game! Makes you feel like a Race Driver while still being fun to play.

But, there is room for improvement. The following ideas are things that I think will make the game better:

- "SERVER BROWSER" in the Multiplayer tab in between the "Quick Match" and "Private Match" tabs. This should allow players to browse, select or host lobbies.

- "DAILY OBJECTIVES". Players need a reason to come back to a game and daily objectives like "Finish a TC-2 event" or "Finish a race without taking any damage" give a reason for       players to come back to the game and try something different from what they normally do. 

- "CLUBS" tab in place of the "PlayStation Store"/"Xbox Live" store etc tabs. Players want to game socially and there should be a mechanism for players to do that in-game. With       this, there should be an option for players to have a 'clan tag' shown next to their gamer tag. Let players represent their club! The "Store" tabs should be placed on the bottom-     left of the main menu screen, opposite the "SELECT" button, and should be mapped to the "Triangle button" (for PlayStation) and "Y" button (for Xbox).

- "CAR WASH". It's really cool to see your car get dirtier the more you use and race it, but there are some cars I prefer to be 'clean'. A car wash option in the "Garage" tab in "Player     Profile" would be nice.

These are the things I would like to see implemented in some way into GRID (2019). Reading through the discussion board everyone seems to have either the same or similar wants to what I have, so fingers crossed someone takes notice!

OK but car wash??? It is not 'DiRT'. Have you ever seen dirty cars during motorsport racing? Besides, surfaces we drive on are asphalt, cobblestone and actually that is it. Does car get dirty when you drive on such surfaces? I don't think so. That is why I don't understand 'wash car' option in 'Racedriver GRID'.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

10 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

When it comes to early access, the problem is, recently they give us only 3-4 days of early access. So it is not enough to bring such changes like for example the year of early access release. If you followed 'DiRT Rally' from the very beginning, you understand what I mean. 'DiRT Rally' is the example of the game made with the community.

No, not "early access" in terms of paying to play 3 days early or whatever. I mean like they did with DiRT Rally, where they release a beta version early in development, with a vision of what they want to achieve, and as they develop it the community gets to play and provide feedback. That way they can alter their road-map and make the game better before launch. In my opinion, this is desperately needed, as Codies don't seem to know what they're doing lately

28 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

OK but car wash??? It is not 'DiRT'. Have you ever seen dirty cars during motorsport racing? Besides, surfaces we drive on are asphalt, cobblestone and actually that is it. Does car get dirty when you drive on such surfaces? I don't think so. That is why I don't understand 'wash car' option in 'Racedriver GRID'.

Your car DOES¬†get dirtier the more you race and crash it, Same as in Racedriver GRID¬†'07. I liked the fact that you could choose which cars to keep clean and others looking¬†like they had just come off the track. Personal preference is all ūüôā¬†

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 3:07 AM, Hafendante said:

Ich spiele seit zwei Tagen Grid 2019, hab 70% durch, warte vergeblich auf die erste Drift Challenge ... ist doch schlie√ülich der unterhaltsame Part des Spiels. Sollte bald mal an Start gehen, was deren Neuauflage angeht .... kein drift, dann ''NFS'' ūüėĪ- sind die wohl die Kotmaster¬†

Das tut mir leid, aber alle Antworten m√ľssen auf Englisch sein. Bitte benutzen Sie diesen Link hier, um zu √ľbersetzen. VERBINDEN

Translation for English users:

Sorry about that, but all responses must be in English. Please use this link here to translate. LINK

On 10/19/2019 at 2:02 PM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Alright. And do you know whether we can unlock Ravenwest Motorsport livery?

Beat the Ravenwest showdown in the Cadillac DPi. The livery is limited for the cars that the Ravenwest team use only. It's not for all cars. If, still you didn't not got it, maybe that it's a bug, like the acolades.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NinoRQC said:

Beat the Ravenwest showdown in the Cadillac DPi. The livery is limited for the cars that the Ravenwest team use only. It's not for all cars. If, still you didn't not got it, maybe that it's a bug, like the acolades.

Yes, yes, I know that. Thanks. ūüôā¬†

I hope the drift mode comes as a dlc... Was always a big part of the Grid games and i loved it in Grid AS ūüôā

A bit weird that it is not in a "reboot" of the series...

Edited by Ak1504

32 minutes ago, Ak1504 said:

I hope the drift mode comes as a dlc

And I dream about Touge. Especially night touge with traffic. But I guess it's impossible with modern CM politics when they chooses to downgrade their game to please Ferrari... 

26 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

And I dream about Touge. Especially night touge with traffic. But I guess it's impossible with modern CM politics when they chooses to downgrade their game to please Ferrari... 

Is there any proof of this?

In general it is weird that so far we only have got two modes, race and time attack. Personally, I don't understand this as all previous 'GRID' games have got many modes from start.

• Agree 1

On 10/8/2019 at 2:08 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Alongside the usual tracking of your feedback regarding in-game content, I'm also keen to see what you'd like added to GRID! 

Whether it's modes, features, a new option in the menus, or a car/circuit, feel free to drop your suggestions into here, which I'll then collate and regularly run by the GRID team. 

Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions, but stuff like this really helps us know where to focus our efforts for future GRID content. 

Thank you ūüôā

Great topic, this game desperately need more features. I kinda agree with all the reviews calling it a bare bones experience. 

I like the game, but it gets old fast! And honestly, it feels like a step backwards from the last one. It’s too bad, because it has so much potential. 

I would like a more immersive autosport experience, while still being an arcade game. 

These are my suggestions (all found in other Codemasters games, so nothing ground breaking here)

1. Longer races, longer championships.
  2. Dynamic weather
  3. Pitstops: for quick repair and/or wet weather tyres (hence the dynamic weather)
  4. Sponsorship deals and objectives, like in the original Grid. 
  5. Flag rules
  6. More ai random events, crashes, spins, terminal damage, penalties, etc. 
  7. Team management, like in Dirt Rally: hire mechanics, pit crew, agent, etc. 
  8. Proper time trials.
  9. Cockpit view: look at the apex option.
Edited by StanleyGoodspeed

8 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Great topic, this game desperately need more features. I kinda agree with all the reviews calling it a bare bones experience. 

I like the game, but it gets old fast! And honestly, it feels like a step backwards from the last one. It’s too bad, because it has so much potential. 

I would like a more immersive autosport experience, while still being an arcade game. 

These are my suggestions (all found in other Codemasters games, so nothing ground breaking here)

1. Longer races, longer championships.
  2. Dynamic weather
  3. Pitstops: for quick repair and/or wet weather tyres (hence the dynamic weather)
  4. Sponsorship deals and objectives, like in the original Grid. 
  5. Flag rules
  6. More ai random events, crashes, spins, terminal damage, penalties, etc. 
  7. Team management, like in Dirt Rally: hire mechanics, pit crew, agent, etc. 
  8. Proper time trials.
  9. Cockpit view: look at the apex option.

OK but some of these suggestions have already been to this game. We have got cockpit view, even better than the one in 'GRID Autosport'. AI drivers can spin, collide with other cars, collide and flip so they are more human-like. Nemesis system is included so if you frustrate or annoy AI driver, they will try to take your racing line, they will try to block you, they are more aggresive and then they are more skillful. AI get time penalties as well. I have seen that sometimes. You have also got cockpit view, even 2 versions. Explore the game more and you will see. I also recommend to check my topic 'On GRID', where I briefly described these things.

I would like to see weekly challenges come back like Time Attack and Overtake. Also more sprint race locations like in Grid 2.