GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

OK but some of these suggestions have already been to this game. We have got cockpit view, even better than the one in 'GRID Autosport'. AI drivers can spin, collide with other cars, collide and flip so they are more human-like. Nemesis system is included so if you frustrate or annoy AI driver, they will try to take your racing line, they will try to block you, they are more aggresive and then they are more skillful. AI get time penalties as well. I have seen that sometimes. You have also got cockpit view, even 2 versions. Explore the game more and you will see. I also recommend to check my topic 'On GRID', where I briefly described these things.

They said "Cockpit view; look to apex", which is where the camera in cockpit turns toward a corners apex as you approach it, found in many other modern racing games, specifically those from Slightly Mad Studios

On 10/10/2019 at 9:59 AM, SilentGSG9 said:

Will there be a support on PC for the Impulse Trigger of Xbox One Controller?

The impulse triggers are working on pc..  Just the brake one feels weak, but it is there on both accelerator and brake

It may already be in game. Only got it yesterday. But i tthink itwas toca race drivet. Long time ago. But on your journy as arace driver you competed in a various series.  If i remember rightly.  ( long time ago and sorry for explaining to you a codemasters game. But theres a good chance everyone that worked on the has long left or retired ) . Esp in the beginning off your career you only had to do a invitational race in any given series. But once you had completed a race it dtm for instance.  You unlock the full dtm season. Full length  Every race.   Also British touring car full season.   Although i personally prefered when it was all works teams which gave rise to toca 1.   But btcc races share codemasters ethos rubbing is racing. But for us who are old enough and love  nostalgia tradition etc.  Even now when i mentioned to friends i was getting grid. I was looking at blank faces.   But when i said its codemasters new game.  My non gaming friends said they did toca didnt they.   For us old enough Even now still relate codemasters to toca and btcc. Despite youve been developing f1 foryears and in Britain f1 is the most followed motorsport.   And despite f1 2019 is head and shoulders above its rivals for its gameplay ai etc.  Toca for my generation was huge.  Only thing since then to really top it was gran turismo.  But everyone i knew would moan cause ramming cars in gran turismo was boring cause they didn't incur damage.   Also in btcc at the time tapping your opponents rear quarter panel so hed spin off was within rules as it drew in the spectators.  So the devs put it in the game and. Back then you got an actual game manual. Around 50 pages or so.  With detailed intructions on how and when to do it.  Good ole days when men were stupid.  I promise you toca 1 is and has always been my favorite racing game.  If i was given the chance to play it now. I wouldn't.  I have great memories spending hours perfecting my tapping to cause maximum damage to the ai.   I have on a pedistal and i dont want to see how primitive it is to games now.  

• Sad 1

Love the game but how about letting us be able to lower some of Tuner cars, change the wheels and color e.g. Subaru BRZ the wheels are not that great. I own a Subaru BRZ 2019 Limited WR Blue Pearl with the performance package Brembo Brakes and SACHS Struts front and rear so cool. The BRZ in the game needs some love where's the Rocket Bunny kit version? Also the replay camera what gives I can't even rotate the camera around the car no matter what mode I select please fix. How about a photo button/mode so we can zoom in to get the perfect shot? Love the PORSCHE 911 RSR!!!

Just some more feedback let us have the option to select rain tires a lot of the GT cars are racing in the rain on slicks. What gives? Also if I didn't mention for the tuner cars let change ride height, camber etc. How about more wheel options and colors some of the default wheels are not that great at least add some new ones that change ride height and camber when they are applied.

Like the game initially, but the fact that i haven't played it in more than a week says enough.

There are 2 big changes essential for me to get back into grid 2019

- Adjustable (longer) races in the career mode

- Better cockpit view/dash view support with a larger adjustability for both views.

I have what you can call an "ultimate rig" with SFX100 4DOF motion, active seatbelt tensioner and a GS-5 G-force seat with a Samsung 49" ultra wide. 

Playing Grid can be quite intense and a lot of fun, but the short races makes playing the career kind of boring and repetitive after a couple of laps.:classic_sad:

So now i've put the game aside hoping for a fix.

Edited by HoiHman
  • Agree 1

Leaderboards are awefull to navigate, and at the end of the events it does not update properly. Needs mprovement as I love to navigate in the leaderboards.

• Agree 2

The AI needs looking at. Just did a hotlap before a career event on Okutama Grand Circuit B in the GT Group 1 Ferrari with a 1.56.183 and qualified in 15th. 

On the leaderboards I’m 34th in the world with that time. And that was only Hard difficulty. I think only the top 20 players in the world would have qualified in first place. 

It feels like the AI can do little wrong on circuits with fairly shallow turns, but are super easy to beat on the more twisty tracks. 

Edited by Slint1000
  • Agree 2

Daily/weekly challenge like in Dirt Rally 2.0 —> everyday a track, car class and 3 laps alone or in time attack mode. And global leaderboards.

Please, this is competition. I remember one of the Fernando Alonso promotional videos where he stated, talking about the awesomeness of the game, that “[...] as long as there’s competition...”

Global leaderboards for global competition.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hey Codies! I'm pleased to let you know that I am very much loving the new GRID! However, like so many others, I feel the game is lacking features despite its core racing package being superb. A few additions I feel would be excellent for the game are below:

• A car washing/livery refreshing feature. The "battle-scarred" look cars get after being raced is cool and all, but seeing your car enter a race covered in scratches and dirt gets old very, very quickly. No professional racing organization would allow a car to be entered looking as filthy as our cars in-game get after only a few races. There was a feature very much like this in the original GRID from 2008 for washing your cars in "Grid World" mode. Why not add it back? I seriously miss seeing my cars looking fresh on the starting grid!
  • Race length adjustment for career mode, please! I've seen several other people asking for this in this topic. Really, we want to enjoy this game's sublime core racing package for more than a few laps at a time.
  • Being able to rotate the camera around the car while watching replays.
  • Destruction Derby mode in single player (it's a GRID staple!).
  • Optional practice sessions before races that are at least 10 minutes long, as seen in GRID Autosport. Practicing a course alone in time attack through free play is nice, but having that practice option available from the pre-race menu (alongside tuning and hot lap qualifying) would mean so much, especially since we cannot see exactly what course configurations we'll be driving on before we enter a championship despite the fact that we could see all the information we needed about each race of a championship in GRID Autosport's pre-season contract offers.
  • Extension of qualifying to two or three laps. Having only one chance to nail a lap without being able to control your speed when starting a flying lap is... quite frustrating. 😕
  • This would be a big thing to implement, but a sponsorship system like that seen in 2008's GRID, with reasonable objectives similar to those seen in GRID Autosport, would do so much to enrich the core gameplay experience. Being able to earn money quickly would be a big help for being able to purchase the more expensive cars in any case.
    • At the very least, it would be nice to simply choose what sponsors we'd like to see on our cars, and pick different sponsors for each location on the car like in previous GRID games.
    • Being able to choose white or black as the primary color for sponsor stickers would be wonderful; I hate not being able to see my sponsor stickers well when using a customized white livery.
  • An options menu in the pre-race menu alongside hot lap qualifying and tuning, so we can adjust controls, difficulty, etc. before tacking a race.
  • The option to temporarily quit an event from the pre-race menu (to resume it later, not to simply leave the event entirely of course).

Thank you very much in advance for reading this, and for creating this game as well. It's already a blast to play and has so much potential, so please do add to it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, SourceCodeError said:

I'm new to GRID (Xbox 1X, G920), so I'm spending most of my time in FREE PLAY to learn tracks and vehicles.  I'm really, really, disappointed to see how little I earn after a 5 lap race.  In career, I'm winning gobs of credits for 3 Laps (agree this should be changeable), but in FREE PLAY, it's petty cash.

Not a major issue right now, because I can go into Career Mode and win credits, but what happens when that's done?  There doesn't seem to be any incentive to race in FREE PLAY.

Also, minor issue, but why does my GRID Edition Corvette look like I ran it through a meat blender at the start of each race?  Obviously, this is planned, but to me, my car should be pristine at the beginning of a race.

BTW, racing is very enjoyable in this game... Good Job!

Bless this post, agreed with all of the above. :')

On 10/25/2019 at 11:39 PM, David Hurt said:

Daily/weekly challenge like in Dirt Rally 2.0 —> everyday a track, car class and 3 laps alone or in time attack mode. And global leaderboards.

Please, this is competition. I remember one of the Fernando Alonso promotional videos where he stated, talking about the awesomeness of the game, that “[...] as long as there’s competition...”

Global leaderboards for global competition.

i totally agree with youre post on every point, on the PS4 we have with people from the community allot of people racing against each other trying to beat each others times on different tracks, but the search everytime to the times on the leaderboards is annoying this way, and maybe the option of GHOSTS bring back to the game

• Agree 1

Cross platform cross-play would improve the online population.  I don't see how at this point, as the game takes advantage of system friends to join instead of an in game system, but it would help raise the population numbers for random multiplayer and leaderboards at least.  With open lobbies, crossplay would dramatically improve in game play.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, 053 said:

i totally agree with youre post on every point, on the PS4 we have with people from the community allot of people racing against each other trying to beat each others times on different tracks, but the search everytime to the times on the leaderboards is annoying this way, and maybe the option of GHOSTS bring back to the game

Maybe we can do something manually. I’ve post about it on the Online Clubs forum

• Agree 1

Hello grid developpers,

please find here a grouped feedback from approx 30 french ps4 players :

carrer mode : globally satisfied as it is

multiplayer : many suggestions !

1/ AI players must be balanced. In case of contact between human and AI players, AI players should be more punished.

2/ Contacts between humans agressive players should be more punished (increase car damage or generates critical damages).

3/ private online session should have an option to open to public.

4/ private session, add a setting to force the use of a unique and same vehicle for all players

5/ quick race may have critical damage activated by default.

6/ each 3 agressive contacts in the front of the car during the same race should lead to a 2 sec penalty

7/ private session, add a setting to disable some driving assistance (kind of hardcore mode)

8/ quick race, rename the "time attack" by a kind of "pursuit mode"

9/ create a real time attack mode, where opponents are ghosts.

10/ add a vote option. this vote option may have a consequence on rewarding or punish a pilot for the next race

11/ quick races seems to be always the same patterns, perhaps add a vote system for the next race

12/ add a destruction derby mode !

13/ add rally cross races, 

14/ add option for forced pit stop

15/ the physic of the handbrake behavior must be improved a lot for all cars. the use of handbrake leads to illogical mass transfer, too difficult to manage

thanks for your attention !

kind regards

Edited by Briscousse

the most important point for online is the AI players to be balanced, punished on agressive contacts.

Edited by Briscousse

Race Car Wish List

2016 Abarth 124 R-GT
2018 Alpine A110 GT4
2020 Audi R8 LMS GT3
2019 Audi RS5 Turbo DTM
2018 Audi RS3 LMS
2016 Audi #17 Rotek Racing TT RS
2014 Audi Racing S3 Saloon (BTCC)
2019 Bentley Continental GT3
2019 BMW M4 DTM
2018 BMW M4 GT4
2018 #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE
2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM
2014 BMW Z4 GTE
2014 BMW 125i M Sport BTCC
2009 BMW #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
2015 Cadillac ATS-V.R
2014 Cadillac CTS-V.R Coupes
2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
2020 Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo
2020 Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo
2014 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
2019 Ford Mustang V8 Supercar
2018 Ford Mustang GT4
2017 Ford #17 Falcon FG X
2017 Holden VF Commodore V8 Supercar
2018 Honda Civic Type R BTCC
2016 Honda NSX GT3
2014 Honda Civic WTCC
2019 Hyundai i30 N TCR
2019 Hyundai Veloster N TCR
2020 Infiniti Q50 BTCC
2018 Jaguar F-Type SVR GT4
2016 Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY
2015 Koenigsegg CCGT
2020 Lamborghini Huracan EVO Super Trofeo
2014 Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo
2016 Lexus RCF GT3
2016 Lexus LC500 (GT500)
2019 Lotus Evora GT4 Concept
2014 Lotus Exige Cup R
2011 Lotus Exige R-GT
1997 Lotus Elise GT1
2014 Maserati Gran Turismo MC Trofeo
2020 Mazda 3 TCR Race Car
2018 McLaren 720S GT3
2016 McLaren 570S GT4
2015 McLaren 650S GT3
2014 McLaren 12C GT3
2019 Mercedes-AMG GT4
2017 Mercedes-Benz A45 BTCC
2016 Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM
2015 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG V8 Supercar
2011 Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
2003 Morgan Aero 8 GT3
2019 Nissan GT-R GT3
2003 Pagani Zonda GR
2019 Porsche 911 RSR
2019 Porsche 919 Hybrid EVO
2020 Saleen GT4 Concept
2020 Toyota Supra GT4
2018 Volkswagen Motorsports #94 I.D. R
2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR
2016 Volvo S60 Polestar TC1
2014 Volvo Polestar Racing S60 STCC
2014 Volvo S60 V8SC

Edited by MilesG488gtb
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Track Day Specials Wish List

2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
2019 Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
2019 BAC Mono R
2019 BMW M240i Racing
2018 Brabham BT62
2014 Caterham AeroSeven Concept
2013 Caterham Superlight R500
2017 Dallara Stradale
2019 Ferrari P80/C
2014 Ferrari FXX K
2012 Ferrari 599XX Evo
2013 KTM X-Bow R
2018 Lamborghini Squadra Corse SC18
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
2008 Maserati MC12 Corsa
2018 McLaren Senna GTR
2015 McLaren P1 GTR
1997 McLaren F1 GT
2010 Pagani Zonda R
2019 Porsche 935 Homage
2019 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
2019 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport
2019 Ultima RS
2015 VUHL 05
2016 Zenos E10R

• Like 1

I have a question: can anyone tell if there will be more tracks and circuits added? I am disappointed with the poor number tracks in this game. Where are SPA Francorchamps? Le Mans Circuit? Suzuka? Nordschleife? And so many other memorable classics circuits? 

Please someone answer
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, samuraiassassin said:

I have a question: can anyone tell if there will be more tracks and circuits added? I am disappointed with the poor number tracks in this game. Where are SPA Francorchamps? Le Mans Circuit? Suzuka? Nordschleife? And so many other memorable classics circuits? 

Please someone answer

What are you talking about??? Poor number of tracks? There are 92 tracks!!! Is this poor number of tracks? We haven't got LeMans Circuit because there is no LeMans in general. There is only classic race and Time Attack. Classic circuits are in 'Racedriver GRID'. Recycling is nonsense. New game, new content.

• Disagree 3

There is a very poor number of tracks, don't confuse variations to actual track/locations.  Looks like we are getting paris soon though no actual info or dates.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

There is a very poor number of tracks, don't confuse variations to actual track/locations.  Looks like we are getting paris soon though no actual info or dates.

Number of tracks and the variety of tracks are two different things. I would agree that some tracks are similar but it doesn't really mean that the number of tracks is very poor. Besides, many tracks are simply copied from previous GRID games.

• Disagree 1

They should of copied more!!! Donny, Red bull, Yas... Autosport had 22 track locations, 2019 has 12 and only 4 are new.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

They should of copied more!!! Donny, Red bull, Yas... Autosport had 22 track locations, 2019 has 12 and only 4 are new.

Sure. And have you checked how many locations in 'GRID Autosport' are new? Mostly they are copied from 'Racedriver GRID' and 'GRID 2'. What they should is to add more completely new tracks.

• Agree 1