Jump to content

GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

Recommended Posts

God damn, are you all blind??? Just check what locations are available in particular GRID games and maybe then you will realise that since 'GRID Autosport' till now many tracks are copied and only few are new.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't need new tracks per say, we need enough of a list to provide a variation of play and new/good cars to race on them, look at F1, rarely get a new track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

I am lost now, is he trolling or what ... ?
😵

He is just saying that autosport copied tracks from grid 2 and race driver grid. if you look at the tracklist ...

  • Algarve was copied from Grid 2
  • Circuit of the Americas was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2012
  • Mount Panorama was copied from Race Driver Grid AND Grid 2 (Still counts even though it was DLC)
  • Brands Hatch was copied from Grid 2
  • Autosport Raceway was brand new
  • Hockenheimring was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2010
  • Indianapolis was copied from Grid 2
  • Instanbul Park was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • Jarama was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • Circuit Mont Tremblant was brand new
  • Okutuma was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • Red Bull Ring was copied from Grid 2
  • Sepang was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2009
  • Spa was copied from Race Driver Grid AND Grid 2 (Grid 2 was DLC)
  • Yas Marina was copied from Grid 2
  • ALL Sprint Tracks were copied from Grid 2
  • SIlverstone was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2009
  • Domington Park was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • ALL Street Tracks were copied from Race Driver Grid (Detroit, San Francisco and Washington) AND Grid 2 (Chicago, Paris, Barcelona and Dubai)

Out of 28 Tracks (Minus Drag Racing), ONLY 6 were Brand new. The other 22 Tracks Were from a previous Grid Game. and If you factor in the Formula One games up to 2012, only Mont Tremblant and Autosport Raceway were brand new.

Sorry if this was passive aggressive, just making a point.

Edited by CordedQuill42
This is quite large for a reason. Did not need to go all the way to 2014.
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grid 2008

  • Circuito del Jarama
  • Nürburgring GP circuit
  • Donington Park
  • Istanbul Park
  • Milan
  • Le Mans
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Okutama Grand Circuit
  • Yokohama Docks
  • Shibuya
  • Mount Haruna
  • San Francisco
  • Washington DC
  • Detroit
  • Long Beach
     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, samuraiassassin said:

 

I have a question: can anyone tell if there will be more tracks and circuits added? I am disappointed with the poor number tracks in this game. Where are SPA Francorchamps? Le Mans Circuit? Suzuka? Nordschleife? And so many other memorable classics circuits? 

 


Please someone answer

To partially answer your question , all we know so far is they will release additional tracks as free DLC packages.

EDIT > Probably tracks from post above 🙂

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
lucky guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recycled or new, content is content. If they brought over more stuff from the older games I wouldn’t be upset. Hell, have a nostalgia pack from when the game was called TOCA Race Driver (V8 Supercars Australia in my region) 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 4:37 PM, GavinMac said:

There is a very poor number of tracks, don't confuse variations to actual track/locations.  Looks like we are getting paris soon though no actual info or dates.

So little brother, I agree 100% with you. But there's more, run in the inverse circuit is not extra track either. 

 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:31 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

He is just saying that autosport copied tracks from grid 2 and race driver grid. if you look at the tracklist ...

  • Algarve was copied from Grid 2
  • Circuit of the Americas was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2012
  • Mount Panorama was copied from Race Driver Grid AND Grid 2 (Still counts even though it was DLC)
  • Brands Hatch was copied from Grid 2
  • Autosport Raceway was brand new
  • Hockenheimring was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2010
  • Indianapolis was copied from Grid 2
  • Instanbul Park was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • Jarama was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • Circuit Mont Tremblant was brand new
  • Okutuma was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • Red Bull Ring was copied from Grid 2
  • Sepang was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2009
  • Spa was copied from Race Driver Grid AND Grid 2 (Grid 2 was DLC)
  • Yas Marina was copied from Grid 2
  • ALL Sprint Tracks were copied from Grid 2
  • SIlverstone was brand new, but was also in Formula One 2009
  • Domington Park was copied from Race Driver Grid
  • ALL Street Tracks were copied from Race Driver Grid (Detroit, San Francisco and Washington) AND Grid 2 (Chicago, Paris, Barcelona and Dubai)

Out of 28 Tracks (Minus Drag Racing), ONLY 6 were Brand new. The other 22 Tracks Were from a previous Grid Game. and If you factor in the Formula One games up to 2014, only Mont Tremblant and Autosport Raceway were brand new.

I think it would be great all these tracks in the game. 

 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:52 PM, GavinMac said:

Grid 2008

  • Circuito del Jarama
  • Nürburgring GP circuit
  • Donington Park
  • Istanbul Park
  • Milan
  • Le Mans
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Okutama Grand Circuit
  • Yokohama Docks
  • Shibuya
  • Mount Haruna
  • San Francisco
  • Washington DC
  • Detroit
  • Long Beach
     

There weren't really many tracks, but they were quite representative, and if you put them all in this Grid 2019 it would be a dream come true.

 

On 10/31/2019 at 6:00 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

To partially answer your question , all we know so far is they will release additional tracks as free DLC packages.

EDIT > Probably tracks from post above 🙂

I wish it. I see it is a game that has a lot of potential being wasted. I played Racer Drive Grid (Grid 2008), I loved that game, I even got MAC DLCs that were modified / adapted for windows, but I felt that it could be more. Grid 2 I have over 1200 hours played, I have all the achievements and I am level 99 online, but I missed memorable circuits such as Le Mans, Nurburgring (and Nordschleife), Milan, Donignton Park, and so many others that would make the even bigger game. If codemasters does not have the rights to these tracks for this Grid 2019 then enable mods, then the modders will party. One of the most positive points of Assetto Corsa is to be able to insert mods. But I believe they don't even read what we write.

 

Sorry for the google translator, English is not my native language.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. I checked custom liveries to Ford Mustang Mach 1 as I wanted to check if the problem with scratches appears only when I use black colour. Unfortunately, this didn't help. Look.

20191103182242_1.thumb.jpg.e7d6127f20688b8fe9be586cb23aa0cf.jpg

I hope this will be fixed in the next patch. It looks unaesthetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add custom public lobbies in next update,  as many times I try to find a game in matchmaking i find 1 or none  players on Pc.. Last 24 hours peak is around 200 players abd it goes lower and lower every day.. Only custom lobbies can save this game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can never find other players when choosing "Quick Match", it always puts me alone in skirmish. Have to hope that someone else is playing and join their session.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChrisGrovesMCM is there any news on adjustable chase-camera settings (view angle and distance from car)? This request was made by several persons (including myself) early in the release but I haven't heard anyone from CM address it, even after Patch 1.1. Will the next big patch answer the request?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

I can never find other players when choosing "Quick Match", it always puts me alone in skirmish. Have to hope that someone else is playing and join their session.

Sir Smoke are u on PC? If u want find me and add me as MIATAKIAS_GR on steam , i have added some users to create some private custom matches until public lobbies arrive .. (hopefully)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi , has this game regio lock ? i never see players from America or Aussies (PS4)  , i m in europe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hajora said:

Hi , has this game regio lock ? i never see players from America or Aussies (PS4)  , i m in europe

 

It's not region locked on Xbox.  I play mostly with Europeans despite being American on the Xbox because of my work schedule.  That and there seem to be way more Europeans playing than Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly regret not reading any reviews before spending €87.06 for this game. The Multiplayer experience is nothing like the original, it is nothing short of abysmal! I had made my Xbox friends thanks to this game back in the day, now this game in multiplayer just makes you feel humiliated for not being able to play against real players if you don't have friends playing the game, because trying to play a quick-match is atrocious, never a player, if you are lucky you might get 1 or 2 real players and 13 AI drivers.

WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD YOU OMIT THE POSSIBILITY OF A PUBLIC LOBBY!!! Where one could choose the type of race they prefer with the rules they wish. This was the greatest thing that made your original game so successful. Communicating with a head set whilst driving, bringing people together. Please fix this terrible multiplayer game you created! Its not impossible since you did this on XBOX 360, so you most certainly can do this on XBOX ONE X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 9:43 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I do, I have, and I will continue to do so. 🙂

Dates aren't given out for any changes we plan because for every considered, fair response understanding that plans change, you get plenty more that just get annoyed. I'd rather wait until a date is nailed down and keep things tidy 🙂 

SO basically we just have to wait for who knows to be able to even play the game we just payed for.. SOme of us still cant play.. 99 percent of other companies can fix these bugs no joke overnight.And would have made that top priority! This is a joke! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How could adding a public lobby possibly annoy others, if others don't want to join they don't and can keep playing a solo quick match or create their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Codemasters,

Please release more than one track/location per season. If you can't/won't give us additional new tracks, please at least release all/most of the previous tracks from GRID Autosport. I am usually in the camp of new game, new tracks, but at this point if I can't get more new ones, I'll be happy for all/most of the old ones remastered in GRID 2019. Please don't leave us with only 15 total locations/tracks at the end of season 3 and leave out so many of the great ones from previous titles. One location/track per season is not enough when the starting number is so low. Thank you for your consideration.

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FlatOverCrest said:

Dear Codemasters,

Please release more than one track/location per season. If you can't/won't give us additional new tracks, please at least release all/most of the previous tracks from GRID Autosport. I am usually in the camp of new game, new tracks, but at this point if I can't get more new ones, I'll be happy for all/most of the old ones remastered in GRID 2019. Please don't leave us with only 15 total locations/tracks at the end of season 3 and leave out so many of the great ones from previous titles. One location/track per season is not enough when the starting number is so low. Thank you for your consideration.

@ChrisGrovesMCM

I already suggested to release the game for track mods. I got to halfway into career mode and got sick of running the same few tracks ever. I sincerely say I lost the desire to play this game.

 

Look this and see Racer Driver Grid (2008) with sweet FX (reshade) and some more modifications. Question: Why don't we have this track - SPA Francorchamps - on Grid 2019?

20190713012036_1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, samuraiassassin said:

I already suggested to release the game for track mods. I got to halfway into career mode and got sick of running the same few tracks ever. I sincerely say I lost the desire to play this game.

 

Look this and see Racer Driver Grid (2008) with sweet FX (reshade) and some more modifications. Question: Why don't we have this track - SPA Francorchamps - on Grid 2019?

20190713012036_1.jpg

I cannot use mods because I am on Xbox so I need them to release additional locations/tracks. I have not lost the desire to play the game but I do want either new locations or all/most of the remastered locations from Autosport. I have beat the career mode with all gold trophies so I am looking forward to multiplayer updates and hopefully many more locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 11 min in Skirmish and no other than me in the lobby - What a Disaster!!!!!

Grid 2019.jpg

Edited by Xxranz
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really need feedback from Codemasters, Some kind of roadmap on what they are willing to work on or what they have ruled out.  Everyone is just frustrated to hell atm and knowing what wont happen might help manage expectations.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×