DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Leaderboards option on Main Menu

The lack of centralised leaderboards to check through all your times on all stages and circuits with ease, is a massive miss in the game for me. There are a crazily high number of leaderboards on this game given the classes, rallies, conditions, and also the parallel running boards for time trial and for AI rally stages. The AI stage leaderboards are especially elusive as you only get to view them after having raced the AI in that specific stage. These AI boards give a far better view of the community as there are generally thousands more entrants than the Time Trials.

It seems obvious to me that there should be a dedicated leaderboard section, for the ease of checking your times for various stages against friends/community etc.

I've gone to the trouble of building a screenshot of what I would imagine the Leaderboard screen would look like. 

leaderboards.thumb.png.7d346803a3aa7f17e2f9dc10babf0eff.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Wait what, I'm not even top 10 on Jezioro Luke R2?!  *** is going on.

2 hours ago, bn880 said:

Wait what, I'm not even top 10 on Jezioro Luke R2?!  *** is going on.

That's not the genuine leaderboard, it's just a mock up for the purposes of the example, I used a community challenge board for that.

• Thanks 1

Generally, the lack of statistics in this game is a big miss in this game. I guess game developers don’t find statistics, record lists and telemetry data interesting enough... 😢 I have put up some requests in this department as well: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kjell007 said:

Generally, the lack of statistics in this game is a big miss in this game. I guess game developers don’t find statistics, record lists and telemetry data interesting enough... 😢 I have put up some requests in this department as well: 

Indeed. It’s such a miss it’s mad. The whole game is about competing for times and yet you can’t check them. 🙈

Needed so much that people are even creating their own now on excel and distributing on here. 

• Agree 1

Totally agree. In a game where times are almost always the only thing that matters, it's amazingly impractical to actually look up best times. (It'd be cool to also be able to immediately just load a track and ghost from such an interface.)

I'd honestly prefer the changes suggested in this thread, but it would mean new interface design, new server code, new record keeping and database changes. So I've linked the suggestion I made that is less feature-rich but would be much cheaper to implement: