Is patch 1.16 the last patch we can expect to see for F1 2019

Do we think the patch 1.16 is last update that we will see? I really enjoy the game but I wish someone from Codemasters would take a look at the suggestions here by players.  There are still many small things that could make a big difference (I.e safety car, pedal vibration support, etc)

but at least I have a 🎃 for a helmet, I always wanted that.  Lol. 

• Haha 1

Being that the game was released early, there is more of a fixing spread than last year. I think we can expect one more before xmas and possibly one final in early 2020.

How do you read this? Does it show the focus on the patch? Is this a beta release for the next patch?

Most likely it's for the developers to test things. As Nvidia DLSS Testing is mentioned in one of the builds, probably this will be implemented in the upcoming update/patch. Following the experience with most other steam games, it usually takes one up to five days before the actual patch is released.

Edited by psYchovic77
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, Ph1LDK said:

They've published a new "devcheck" patch, 33 minutes ago.

So no, I think not.

Source: https://steamdb.info/app/928600/depots/

There was a devcheck for F1 2018 on June 20th. Are you expecting them to release a patch for that anytime soon as well? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

There was a devcheck for F1 2018 on June 20th. Are you expecting them to release a patch for that anytime soon as well? :classic_laugh:

Maybe they are modernizing f1 2018 to match their later game by say removing online coop championships and removing downforce to make the cars slower and harder to drive? 

• Haha 2

Here is a crazy thought in an official F1 game.. an option to lock exterior cameras.  Every other half way serious racer has it and CM has it in Dirt 2.0.  An official open wheel racer? "Let's encourage everyone to sit on top of the car so they can buy more paints to look at while they're driving."  "Brilliant. Promote this man."

As much as I love Halloween, if I see anyone in a lobby with a $3 Halloween paintjob before core things get addressed, they're getting punted. 

Same camber and toe on every single track dominating the leaderboards?  Not a single laser scanned track? 

They phoned in tuning, FFB, and tracks, and gave the finger to sim racers all while aggressively promoting wheels and pedals.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Maybe they are modernizing f1 2018 to match their later game by say removing online coop championships and removing downforce to make the cars slower and harder to drive? 

Funnily enough the next gen version of F1 for PS5 / XboxScarlet in 2021 very likely will have to be around 3 - 4 seconds slower than the current 2019 cars and have similar speed levels as the 2016 season if the projections of the "Gurus" are right.

But it wouldn't be the 1st time that they were wrong, 2019 was believed to be 1,5 seconds slower than 2018, yet the cars are around 0,5 - 1,5 seconds faster on all tracks this year.

Codemasters needs to start a "Live Season Update" service for future titles, to adjust the cars downforce, grip and engine power levels, as well as team packing order and driver speed / consistency.

Else, why call it a "officially licenced F1 product", if the performances are off?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

They phoned in tuning, FFB, and tracks, and gave the finger to sim racers all while aggressively promoting wheels and pedals.

Well stated. 

• Agree 1