What's with the fog/smog in Finland (and Germany)?

Reduces the mist effect yes but also makes the game look really poor otherwise. No shadows, no grass, no ground detail etc.

I always play with TAA off since I prefer sharp graphics and TAA makes the game look way too blurry. I think my screenshots with TAA off speak for themselves, regarding how much it helps with the fog

After Codemasters remove the fog from Finland they should adjust/disable it in other locations as well.

• Agree 1

Yes this is obviously a compromise and workaround, not a fix.  They should basically make it clear with all the options maxed out.

• Agree 1

I believe this is the way CM tried to make this game look coolish. But they failed, hard(at least I don't like that). Across the all locations, the sky is over exposed as well to create a kind of "glorious" effect.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:53 AM, JKangSC said:

I believe this is the way CM tried to make this game look coolish. But they failed, hard(at least I don't like that). Across the all locations, the sky is over exposed as well to create a kind of "glorious" effect.

439395-20;1574490162t.jpg

So a patch was released today with no improvements whatsoever to Finland. Codemasters have not even acknowledged that daytime Finland looks horrible and is a huge downgrade visually from Dirt Rally, so remains to be seen if it will be fixed in 1.12, or ever. Had hoped they could remove the fog with a hotfix and then add some weather options that Finland sorely lacks, but they couldn't even get rid of the fog with a patch 5 weeks after release.

Loved driving these in DR, really cannot understand how the same stages can be so much worse in DR2.0.

• Agree 1

So this fog is intentional design and they don't plan to fix it.

Effing great. Daytime Finland is ruined permanently then

It's really bad.

Not just the visibility, but that it looks like fog from a game from 2001.

You can't watch that video and not be "Like, ***?"

Edited by XenialJ
  • Like 1

Wow. Been a while since I played DR1 so didn't even remember the difference is THAT big. Just crazy how much better it looked there, crystal clear with no fog "for performance reasons". And lest we forget DR1 isn't a game of very high graphical fidelity, it runs great even on consoles and low-spec PC's.

I cannot begin to understand how Codemasters have botched the remaster this badly.