GRID stability patch for Xbox One and PS4 now rolling out

Hey all,

As expected, a patch for GRID on Xbox One and PS4 is now rolling out globally for all players, which specifically addresses stability and drastically reduces instances of crashes and freezes for console versions of the game. 

Expect to see the usual messages/prompts for a patch on your console imminently. Many thanks for your patience on this - we've conducted thorough investigations and tests to ensure stability is improved. 

If you continue to have issues with this topic, feel free to message me and @ me into comments so I can assess them further with the team. 

Thanks again 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

As expected, a patch for GRID on Xbox One and PS4 is now rolling out globally for all players, which specifically addresses stability and drastically reduces instances of crashes and freezes for console versions of the game. 

Expect to see the usual messages/prompts for a patch on your console imminently. Many thanks for your patience on this - we've conducted thorough investigations and tests to ensure stability is improved. 

If you continue to have issues with this topic, feel free to message me and @ me into comments so I can assess them further with the team. 

Thanks again 🙂

great news, I hope to enjoy the game normally on my PS4, 
thanks for the info
  • Like 1

Hey codies I hope you have read my Post with the big four fixes this game really Needs to be great I know you will read and fix this :) please save this game :)

"Drastically reduces" tbh, I don't like how that sounds. Games should not crash or freeze like at all.

But that's just an early impression about the choice of words. I'll be able to test it very late tonight or tomorrow. And then, report back here.

Crossing fingers now, guys 🤞🤞🤞🤞 please don't screw it again! The mood among many of us is critical now... this forum kinda shows that.

As always, thanks for the update 😄

2 minutes ago, Leocp said:

"Drastically reduces" tbh, I don't like how that sounds. Games should not crash or freeze like at all.

All games in one form or another can be liable to crashes/freezes, so saying we totally got rid of it would've been disingenuous. Through the tests that've been run on this patch, we expect the stability to be better than not just before the most recent patch, but also better than the performance on launch day. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Update for PC players! 

We've also just rolled out a similar patch on Steam that addresses stability for the PC version of GRID. We also encourage players to ensure they are using up-to-dare drivers, as this is often the cause reported in our crash reports. 

Keep an eye out for updates on Steam now or imminently 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

All games in one form or another can be liable to crashes/freezes, so saying we totally got rid of it would've been disingenuous. Through the tests that've been run on this patch, we expect the stability to be better than not just before the most recent patch, but also better than the performance on launch day. 🙂

Ok, that actually sounded way better xD and way less worrisome. And yeah you are right, no piece of technology is free of bugs and stuff. But maybe the first message sounded like "ok guys, we did it. It is slightly better than it was" hahaha. Or I don't know, maybe I took it that way xD communication is opened to interpretation sometimes hahaa. Anyway...

2 hours ago, Hitmanvega said:

Played for about an hour (ps4). No crash or freeze. 

Now, this is the kind of reports that I wanted to see. If this is the case, that's good news!

I'll say it again @ChrisGrovesMCM the game definitely has potential! I hope you guys can workaround the... mmmm, "difficult" launch it had, and make it something special! I have faith in you guys, don't let us down 😁

12 minutes ago, Leocp said:

Ok, that actually sounded way better xD and way less worrisome. And yeah you are right, no piece of technology is free of bugs and stuff. But maybe the first message sounded like "ok guys, we did it. It is slightly better than it was" hahaha. Or I don't know, maybe I took it that way xD communication is opened to interpretation sometimes hahaa. Anyway...

Now, this is the kind of reports that I wanted to see. If this is the case, that's good news!

I'll say it again @ChrisGrovesMCM the game definitely has potential! I hope you guys can workaround the... mmmm, "difficult" launch it had, and make it something special! I have faith in you guys, don't let us down 😁

Sooooo true my friend, I also have faith in Codemasters, I Hope they read my Post with the 4 Big Issues and fix them:

mprove the AI! The AI is for good players really to bad and slow and to easy to beat, Hard and very hard are too easy, okay in a few races the AI is really good at very hard but in the most races they are tooo slow and braking too much, so easy to pass 10 of them after the second corner in ther first lap.... Make the AI better and harder for more challenge
Add in the career Mode an option to choose the Laps you want to drive, the races are toooooo short in the career Mode.
Also remove the Slow stupid AI in the Multiplayer

Where are the drift events???? I loved the drift events in the first grid and you call this game as a reboot and it has no drift???? Please Add an Drift Mode and please make the Drift Mode like in Grid 1, if you do this, this game is more like a reboot from the first Grid

Especially the AI must be improved because they are toooo easy and slow even on highest difficulty setting.....

11 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Thanks again 🙂

Good work guys. No more freezing or game crashes here. Go go go! 

• Like 1

Also fixed the base console graphics.  @ChrisGrovesMCM I'm surprised this was not mentioned.  On the base XBox, the grpahics are entirely crisp now instead pixelated, the FPS seems to be running at 60 now, and the rear view mirror is up to 30 fps from the 3-6 fps it was running at and completely clear.  Only cockpit view seems to suffer some graphics downgrade/some pixelation on the track and the car rear mirror is pixelated.  All other views though, wow!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaylos29 said:

Also fixed the base console graphics.  @ChrisGrovesMCM I'm surprised this was not mentioned.  On the base XBox, the grpahics are entirely crisp now instead pixelated, the FPS seems to be running at 60 now, and the rear view mirror is up to 30 fps from the 3-6 fps it was running at and completely clear.  Only cockpit view seems to suffer some graphics downgrade/some pixelation on the track and the car rear mirror is pixelated.  All other views though, wow!

The majority of this was covered in the previous patch a couple of weeks ago under graphical improvements 🙂 there would've probably been a couple of the usual tidy-ups graphically in this latest hotfix, but really it's all about stability - and the feedback so far is positive 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah, but the graphics fix just happened today for me, not under the last patch.  It was quite shocking the difference, kind of hard to miss.

• Like 1

I didn't experience any game disconnection yesterday on ps4. Good work

• Like 1

All right! So the game works as Intended. I had some much fun being back to it! Thank you so much for this, guys!

Also, for some reason the graphic feel definently improved in base consoles. Clearly I'm not the only one who noticed it. I'm really impressed by this.

Still...

I'm still waiting for a miracle (or not) and I'm hoping that you can guys make the game to run at 60fps on base consoles. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee! Make it possible!! It would be my most requested fix by quite far, I'd love to play this game as it was intended! I hope this can be possible with the correct optimization 🙂

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Thanks again 🙂

Yesterday I was playing 2 hours and at the moment no fault in the game with my PS4. Thanks for resolving the errors
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Holybeer said:

Hm I played GRID yesterday just to see the differences but I don't see any. 

Can we a have patch note @ChrisGrovesMCM ?

Working on official patch notes this week, will post them as soon as they're ready 👍

• Agree 2

wouldn't worry about that, the patch fixed the crashes for them... work on the next patch notes 😜

• Haha 1

PS4 pro: Game freeze a few times while choosing a car in quickmatch lobby

Hi one simple question .. what's that leveling in the game for ?? The car become faster & become upgradable ?? Thanks first 

Edited by TenderSurrender