DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Force Feedback & handling fix

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, watzcoc said:

when is this coming? Had to shelve the game until handling and FFB is fixed.

Hey there,

We're looking at player feedback now (and all the time, really) to see trends and assess what areas of FFB you're discussing the most, so we know what to address. Feel free to give us some more detailed comments on what you're liking/dislking/want to see changed, so we can add it to our investigations. Thanks 🙂

I have no FF probs with my Thrustmaster T500.  The only problem is, that the steering wheel is often not recognized. It is rather contra productive during a race.

I've had no real issues with the FFB itself.  I use a Thrustmaster TMX on the Xbox.  I would like a bit of tire slip rumble on braking and throttle, but on most cars the self aligning torque does a good job of letting me know when I'm on the edge of traction and the soft lock of telling me I exceeded it.  Braking can be difficult to tell when you are about to lock up the wheels.  A Tire Friction Setting and rumble on braking/acceleration would help.  Centering on straights is problematic and I had to add a 1% deadzone in order to keep from weaving on straights. 

https://www.codecmoments.com/grid-wheel-and-pad-settings/  This link shows a Tyre and Wheel Friction setting that I do not have.  Not sure why.  Does the PC and not the console have these settings?

Some cars have very little FFB at all.  The Camaro and Holden in Super Tourers, the Ford GT40 in historic GT being the worse culprits.  Very odd for it to seem car specific.  The aligning torque just feels off or nearly non-existent in terms of communicating loss of traction on the cars.  The Ford GT GTE had the same problem as well, but appeared fixed.  I will need to test some more.

Occasionally after load up, my Wheel will have zero FFB.  It has led me to having to test it out before doing any multiplayer.  It seems from the complaints, that this is what people are experiencing, which is probably a hardware communication with the wheel error.  For me, unplugging and replugging the power to let it recalibrate itself while the game is running usually fixes it the first time, but not always.

• Like 1

FFB on Grid Autosport which is Xbox360, has better feeling with TX wheel than on new Grid which feels really loose and lame. No rumble, no sense of contact. very weak.. same when DR 2.0 came out until a fix came.

How you can say that steering wheel has no FBB issues? I have T300 Thrustmaster ( PS4) and FBB is absent. I also played with my friend with PS4 and Logitech and FBB is unsatisfactory. We are waiting since release date and issues on FBB has been not solved yet.

• Agree 2

On 11/12/2019 at 6:30 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there,

We're looking at player feedback now (and all the time, really) to see trends and assess what areas of FFB you're discussing the most, so we know what to address. Feel free to give us some more detailed comments on what you're liking/dislking/want to see changed, so we can add it to our investigations. Thanks 🙂

Hi Chris,

I am confused by this remark. People have been commenting about the FFB since the game released, all kinds of commentary has been given in regards to its feel (or lack thereof). Weak rumble over bumps (muted suspension feel), zero feeling of tire slip, lack of adjustable parameters to tailor FFB setting globally (damper, slip, vibration, mechanical trail, pneumatic trail and so on). Why months after release are we pretending as though this issue is new and CM is compiling feedback? There are messages about the issues in both the general discussion forum, and technical assistance sections alike. Personally I have asked a few times, as have many others...this is not new-news. I had to shelve the game on account of the FFB, as have many others. I would have thought a fix was in the works by now. Sad to see we’ve only just begun the process of taking feedback to the handling team to remedy the issues. 

Edited by Buckwilder

16 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Hi Chris,

I am confused by this remark. People have been commenting about the FFB since the game released, all kinds of commentary has been given in regards to its feel (or lack thereof). Weak rumble over bumps (muted suspension feel), zero feeling of tire slip, lack of adjustable parameters to tailor FFB setting globally (damper, slip, vibration, mechanical trail, pneumatic trail and so on). Why months after release are we pretending as though this issue is new and CM is compiling feedback? There are messages about the issues in both the general discussion forum, and technical assistance sections alike. Personally I have asked a few times, as have many others...this is not new-news. I had to shelve the game on account of the FFB, as have many others. I would have thought a fix was in the works by now. Sad to see we’ve only just begun the process of taking feedback to the handling team to remedy the issues. 

GRID hasn't been out for multiple months though... and the feedback on FFB has been quite tiny with few individuals complaining about the FFB other than it apparently not existing on specific wheel models on a specific console.

Everything feels fine here 😕 

Yesterday during the game had a total failure of my Thrustmaster T500. Suddenly, the steering wheel became independent and carried out independently wildly changing movements. From the feeling I would say there was a bearing damage. After a restart of the game, everything worked normally again.

11 hours ago, UP100 said:

GRID hasn't been out for multiple months though... and the feedback on FFB has been quite tiny with few individuals complaining about the FFB other than it apparently not existing on specific wheel models on a specific console.

Everything feels fine here 😕 

Good to hear it’s working out for you - but for those using the Thrustmaster TX, it’s not very good. Admittedly we need to allow some time, and I will be waiting patiently. I guess I just didn’t understand Chris’ remark about wanting feedback (no pun intended), on an issue when comments have been discussed at length regarding a specific wheel about the general lack of feel and overall poor FFB. I shelled out $130 CAD for the Ultimate Edition, and the experience on the wheel thus far, has been very un-Ultimate.

Edited by Buckwilder

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, Buckwilder said:

Hi Chris,

Hello 🙂 

I'm not pretending this is a new issue. Tests are still (and constantly) ongoing regarding force feedback and because issues can't be reproduced without certain information, and we often need lots of info that's very specific. That's certainly the case with FFB, where there are so many sub-topics and moving parts that make it difficulty to identify what could be causing your issue. In my experience, FFB is one of the more difficult areas to resolve because of all this - and that's why we're continuing to ask for information 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 4:57 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello 🙂 

I'm not pretending this is a new issue. Tests are still (and constantly) ongoing regarding force feedback and because issues can't be reproduced without certain information, and we often need lots of info that's very specific. That's certainly the case with FFB, where there are so many sub-topics and moving parts that make it difficulty to identify what could be causing your issue. In my experience, FFB is one of the more difficult areas to resolve because of all this - and that's why we're continuing to ask for information 🙂

Understood, thanks Chris. Apologies for my pointed remarks - it’s just frustrating for me on the wheel because I think it is otherwise a great game. However, the FFB on my Thrustmaster TX is in such a state that it warrants the game unenjoyable for me at the moment, sadly.

THE FFB is like DIRT RALLY 2, it misses the engine and tyre slip effects, will them be added or is it like for DR2.0, only available for gamepad ?

Edited by KolysioN
add
  • Like 1

Hey there,  ChrisGroverMCM said:

We're looking at player feedback now (and all the time, really) to see trends and assess what areas of FFB you're discussing the most, so we know what to address. Feel free to give us some more detailed comments on what you're liking/dislking/want to see changed, so we can add it to our investigations. Thanks

CM knows very well the issues on FBB, because is the same problem regarding all their racing games. My question is: Did they test Grid 2019 with steering wheel on console before sending to the shops? How lomg we have to wait to fix FBB on PS4 and XBOx?

On 11/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, gigiotto59 said:

Hey there,  ChrisGroverMCM said:

We're looking at player feedback now (and all the time, really) to see trends and assess what areas of FFB you're discussing the most, so we know what to address. Feel free to give us some more detailed comments on what you're liking/dislking/want to see changed, so we can add it to our investigations. Thanks

CM knows very well the issues on FBB, because is the same problem regarding all their racing games. My question is: Did they test Grid 2019 with steering wheel on console before sending to the shops? How lomg we have to wait to fix FBB on PS4 and XBOx?

Good question 💁

Codemasters why are you asking for detailed feedback? THERE IS NOOO FORCE FEEDBACK ON TX WHEELS ITS BECOMING A JOKE, THE WHEEL FEELS LIFELESS WHEN PLAYING YOUR CRAPPY GAME WHICH I WASTED £60 ON, PLEASE FIX IT

You have to increase the FFB to 150 in order to sense there is actually some kind of FFB in this game, as if my controller is running on low battery and it isn't. 

The FFB in GAS was really poor compared to let's say Forza 7 and Horizon, but in this game one can hardly say there is FFB at all which makes cars soulless and not fun to drive. How can we give you detailed feedback on something that is actually totally missing.

Not buying the game until this and multiplayer issues are fixed.

Tested on XBOX One S. Triggers have no sensible ffb.

Edited by Boyan

Is this game still broken? Tx wheel user here and STILL no ffb, sorry codemasters this is unacceptable... I'm worried about project cars 3, now that you own slightly mad studios! because I fear your ffb settings or lack there of will damage that title too. **** poor service for an expensive game that is unplayable.

Edited by mojo1976
  • Haha 1