2020 start situation

Being a new boy to F1Mobile I wondered what happened when a new year starts.  Is there any carry through of points etc. from last year or is everyone back to square 1?

I think it's business as usual. 2019 cars. Single lap Qualifying, Sprint, Grid Start. Keep collecting points. Improve your cars performance. Rinse, repeat, lather until next year. Get bored and hope F1 Mobile 2020 will be a more realistic representation of Formula 1 racing. But don't get your hopes up.

So come March/April 2020 we will not get 2020 cars with new driver line-ups?  Ok. At least in 2020 they will not need to change the cars too much. 

4 hours ago, IIIDanteIII said:

I hope they create a whole diferent game for 2021 cars. with another developer too

Why do you say that?  There are glitches but on the whole its a good game. 

7 hours ago, ASFiguana said:

Why do you say that?  There are glitches but on the whole its a good game. 

I don't think so. This glitches have been pointed since last year without solution, and the game proposal its not so good: you race only one lap... physics are not acurate, RR3 are more realistic... a system of cards to increase performace but 90% of the card are useless... glitches, glitches, unfair playing. I believe codemasters and Eden Games have put too much effort on this game, but its brooken, unsolveble and they just can't give up, but the point is that we play because we don't have a better oficial F1 game. At least 2021 would be a good excuse since the regulation and cars will change

• Agree 1

On 11/23/2019 at 1:01 PM, IIIDanteIII said:

I don't think so. This glitches have been pointed since last year without solution, and the game proposal its not so good: you race only one lap... physics are not acurate, RR3 are more realistic... a system of cards to increase performace but 90% of the card are useless... glitches, glitches, unfair playing. I believe codemasters and Eden Games have put too much effort on this game, but its brooken, unsolveble and they just can't give up, but the point is that we play because we don't have a better oficial F1 game. At least 2021 would be a good excuse since the regulation and cars will change

I haven't played this much in the last couple of month ... jumped back into it for the Brazilian GP only to be crashed out by the AI badly ... I complained and just got the standard 'sorry here are some RPs and CRs but we will not do anything about it ...

well for Abu Dhabi there is an ALTERNATIVE Real Racing 3 has just released the F1 section ... and on first inspection it's much more enjoyable.

With several mentioning RR3 I decided to have a look.

Initial impression - only 4 areas that you upgrade, Engine, Bodywork, Brakes, Tyres. And each upgrade gives distinct performance improvement, no more useless card upgrades or having to wait for ages to collect a card you want. Drawback is time for each research to get completed and it takes longer with each level. Hmmm, rather wait for time or can do upgrades while sleeping.

2nd car seems a lot easier to drive, overtaking is accomplished without some I D 10 T crashing into you. 

You can race and win the team car of your choice, borrow the team car to compete in events, all upgrades you do are kept if you end up winning that car or purchase it.

Drawback, prices in shop are pretty steep in comparison, but then again you buying something you can actually use.

Drawback currently, only 4 tracks available, however there is mention of further development.

Mmmm, maybe I will play both and see how it works once I get further into RR3.

• Agree 1

I just gave RR3 a go. Wow! This feels real. There's room to overtake, no corner penalties when putting a wheel on the grass. The entire architecture feels opened up compared to the tight, claustrophobic atmosphere of F1 Mobile. I won't be able to afford a fully upgraded car, but I'll stick with it until I hit the ceiling. But Codies, take a look at how this game should be. 

• Agree 2

Didn't take long to remind me why I stopped playing RR3. You quickly reach a stage where if your power rating isn't high enough you can't compete and the only way to boost your power is to pay. A lot. I mean a very large amount. You might guess that maybe a $79 pack will get you a car that you can move forward with but you're just as likely going to find that you'll hit the "insufficient power" brickwall again pretty soon and this time $79 isn't going to cover it, but you'll think, "well, I've come this far" and eventually that car has cost you as much as a PS4 plus Gran Turismo with all the hardware accessories.

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Didn't take long to remind me why I stopped playing RR3. You quickly reach a stage where if your power rating isn't high enough you can't compete and the only way to boost your power is to pay. A lot. I mean a very large amount. You might guess that maybe a $79 pack will get you a car that you can move forward with but you're just as likely going to find that you'll hit the "insufficient power" brickwall again pretty soon and this time $79 isn't going to cover it, but you'll think, "well, I've come this far" and eventually that car has cost you as much as a PS4 plus Gran Turismo with all the hardware accessories.

I have also hit that wall, however for now am playing in the daily races to collect the m$ required for upgrade. Will see how that works out.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pete74786 said:

I have also hit that wall, however for now am playing in the daily races to collect the m$ required for upgrade. Will see how that works out.

this works for me ... I haven't paid anything and I'm happy to use the daily race to top up the cash (only thing is the amount you can earn is limited on a daily bases ... lets see how it goes) ... so far I'm much happier with their approach to F1

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, akajk88 said:

this works for me ... I haven't paid anything and I'm happy to use the daily race to top up the cash (only thing is the amount you can earn is limited on a daily bases ... lets see how it goes) ... so far I'm much happier with their approach to F1

I am finding it immensely enjoyable. If it stops, so be it. But let it be known to Codemasters  that this is how an F1 game on a mobile device can be delivered to the player, in fairness, competitiveness and still with an incentive for the developer to hold and retain players. Watch and learn Eden! RR3 have stolen your supremacy as the leading supplier of real Formula 1 racing. Sorry. Goodbye until you match your competitor because you are going to lose followers en masse. Au revoir! 

• Agree 2

Have almost completed Abu Dhabi event and well positioned to win that team car and so far not a single real currency spent.

If the game offers this as incentive, ie ability to win the car of your choice, then I will be inclined to take the vip offer to reduce my upgrade and service times so that I can play for longer hours, and who knows might get some bundles to get car fully upgraded quicker.

So if had to flip a coin or have a toss up, spend currency on F1 Mobile or spend currency on RR3........ you take a guess where I might be more inclined to spend my cash.

• Agree 2

Awesome, well today we racing Monza. Now for all those who moaned about the invisible walls on chicanes at RR3 you can actually see the barricade so you know by how much you can cut corners t.i.t.s better graphics.

btw even with academy car not upgraded am getting P1 on full race. Will love to see how my Haas upgraded does once I own it. Oh, okay so you asked, why the Haas..... lol because in RW my nephew is a mechanic for Haas 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

😁 two days of event left and have already completed and gained my upgraded Haas team car.

54F4F6B1-2625-446B-9CA8-CF047D4A64C9.png

• Agree 1

I went for the Haas as well. Knowing how RR3 operate, the upgrades for Mercedes or Ferrari wold cost more. One drawback I just experienced is that having raced Abu Dhabi on RR3 intensively for the last few days, coming back to F1 felt so weird. I might even use the term "unrealistic"

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I went for the Haas as well. Knowing how RR3 operate, the upgrades for Mercedes or Ferrari wold cost more. One drawback I just experienced is that having raced Abu Dhabi on RR3 intensively for the last few days, coming back to F1 felt so weird. I might even use the term "unrealistic"

Yes, that is what I also wanted to mention. Raced on RR3, then came to F1 to race a few duels and was leaning into corners like a motorcyclist trying to take the corners. Was rather funny seeing me sitting in my chair leaning far to the side on each corner, F1 handling now becomes apparent that it’s not just tilt to turn 🤣

Also now that I’ve won my Haas team car have unlocked more events, so don’t have to rely on daily races to collect my M$ but have sooooooooo many other challenges to race, time trials / eliminations / cup races / speed snaps to just mention a few. So, definitely a far better game to hold my short attention span and keep me coming back for more.

I think f1 mobile have a more realistic behaviour of the car when passing grip limits... RR3 is always oversteering, it is not real... also, in RR3 there are NOT all circuits. So I will continue to stay here, hoping some enhancements...

In "f1 mobile 2019 " cars have too much grip in turns, compared to real F1. Turns that in TV drivers needs to brake, here can be done full throttle! Not possible! I hope that in 2020 version will be:

-reduced grip in turns

-resetted best personal laps

- introduced some new duel modes

On 11/30/2019 at 6:38 AM, Pete74786 said:

Yes, that is what I also wanted to mention. Raced on RR3, then came to F1 to race a few duels and was leaning into corners like a motorcyclist trying to take the corners. Was rather funny seeing me sitting in my chair leaning far to the side on each corner, F1 handling now becomes apparent that it’s not just tilt to turn 🤣

Also now that I’ve won my Haas team car have unlocked more events, so don’t have to rely on daily races to collect my M$ but have sooooooooo many other challenges to race, time trials / eliminations / cup races / speed snaps to just mention a few. So, definitely a far better game to hold my short attention span and keep me coming back for more.

and you can start saving up for the next event ... I'm choosing a different car I want to win 😉

20 hours ago, TurboNitroFlame said:

I think f1 mobile have a more realistic behaviour of the car when passing grip limits... RR3 is always oversteering, it is not real... also, in RR3 there are NOT all circuits. So I will continue to stay here, hoping some enhancements...

I agree with the behaviour of the car when you push the car over the limit although at RR3 it's more consistent ... at F1 mobile racing it is random the way your car reacts and that means you can't push the car to the limits because you never know where the limit is. 

20 hours ago, TurboNitroFlame said:

In "f1 mobile 2019 " cars have too much grip in turns, compared to real F1. Turns that in TV drivers needs to brake, here can be done full throttle! Not possible! I hope that in 2020 version will be:

-reduced grip in turns

-resetted best personal laps

- introduced some new duel modes

very true ... I've been setting my personal bests a few seconds faster then what the actual track records are.

My beef with RR3 is as mentioned above. The paywall.

I agree that F1 Mobile feels much more "on rails" when cornering. I was skidding out and fishtailing a lot more in RR3. The car scale is different in RR3 (cars are narrower?), and I wonder which game is actually correct.

The other thing I dislike about RR3 is that either you don't have enough upgrades and aren't competitive OR you pay your gold, frankinsense and comedy currencies galore, max up the car and then drive past everything pretty much on lap 1.

I do think that F1 Mobile has improved quite a bit in the last update. I have had many fewer encounters with wall slammers, and those that have tried have come off worst. The upgrade kits don't seem to be quite so cut and dried in favour of aero anymore and I enjoy the duels more than RR3 bot racing.